Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC APP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Well it's here .. :)
    €7.99 for the app
    Pretty good so far..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Well it's here .. :)
    €7.99 for the app

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Seriousally ?
    Ill be sticking with Siemens, GSD or Risco for now so.
    Users should not have to pay for such a basic app.

PS do you have a link?

I'd like to see the response time.
    May try get an account setup.
    The app has all the voice prompts.
    I'm only using the demo now. Paid the €7.99

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you using Android or iPhone ?
    Not finding anything it on Play Store.

• Advertisement

Found it using google.. Couldn't find it through the search bar on the App Store.
    So maybe it's not officially released or it's not designed for the ipad.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Are you using Android or iPhone ?
    Not finding anything it on Play Store.

Link is for the App Store .. Maybe I found it by mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

But which version have you installed ?
    Apple or Android.?
    Can you put up the link to it?

Edit :
    Found it here for iPhone
    https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/hkc-securecomm/id876325411?mt=8

looks very basic for that price tag
    especially compared to this and this.

edit again: Thanks Altor

But which version have you installed ?
    Apple or Android.?
    Can you put up the link to it?

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/hkc-securecomm/id876325411?mt=8

Is the link not working ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

It's says I need to set an account up with HKC.
    I need an Installation address and password .. Any idea if this is extra €€ ?

Got them both now Mark thanks.
    Very shocked & disappointed at this I have to say.
    No one else is charging for apps.

Won't get that info till the road show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

What are they doing charging for the app-this could be an ideal bit of marketing for them with a demo mode (like the heating controller Climote)

No details of their securecom offering on their website - would be curious about prices etc.

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/hkc-securecomm/id876325411?mt=8

Also a strange move that you are not even offered a free demo mode to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I have no problem paying for the app. Is it a once off payment or are there annual fees?

Also a strange move that you are not even offered a free demo mode to install.

Yes. A demo mode is essential.

altor wrote: »
    Won't get that info till the road show.

Why start selling the app now if they aren't ready to connect people up ? :/

Yes. A demo mode is essential.

There's a demo mode in the paid for app.
    Also no pulse outputs for gates

• Advertisement

Why start selling the app now if they aren't ready to connect people up ? :/

They are ready, just want to show the installers first.
    What you think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

You need to have an account and the panel connected to the hkc server

markad1 wrote: »
    You need to have an account and the panel connected to the hkc server

That is correct, only PSA installers will be able to connect it up for you.
    It is a security product.

They are ready, just want to show the installers first.
    What you think of it?

Liking it so far but I've a risco panel in the shed with a free app :/
    If it's a once off fee of €7.99 then awesome..
    But I'm guessing it's not since an account has to be setup. Also there's no pulsed outputs for gates. Could cause issues for end users with certain brands of gates Eg DITEC , if you latch the step by step input on this the gates will open , close after the delay then they'll ignore fobs and keypads until the output in the app is turned off..

Liking it so far but I've a risco panel in the shed with a free app :/
    If it's a once off fee of €7.99 then awesome..
    But I'm guessing it's not since an account has to be setup. Also there's no pulsed outputs for gates. Could cause issues for end users with certain brands of gates Eg DITEC , if you latch the step by step input on this the gates will open , close after the delay then they'll ignore fobs and keypads until the output in the app is turned off..

Have had a sneak peek at it too, looks very good.
    Liked the voice notifications rather than just the beep. Never noticed if the pulse is on the full version. Might not be on the demo.
    I would say there will be a fee per Month as it has to be maintained. It will be using the securecom to push to your phone.

That is correct, only PSA installers will be able to connect it up for you.
    It is a security product.

So no good for boards.ie users who tend to mostly look for help with DIY installs.
    so this could potentially push buyers towards other brands as they'd be forced to use an installer to make adjustments.. Gates/heating & lights connected to the panel would require both a PSA installer and plumber/ electrician to be on site if something goes faulty.

So no good for boards.ie users who tend to mostly look for help with DIY installs.
    so this could potentially push buyers towards other brands as they'd be forced to use an installer to make adjustments.. Gates/heating & lights connected to the panel would require both a PSA installer and plumber/ electrician to be on site if something goes faulty.

All the help will still be here but if you want the IP you must use a registered installer to do same. Security systems are for professional installers.
    There is a relay set up from the control panel. It can be tested without the need for an PSA installer to be present.

Is there a free version for us, the installers, or do we need to fork out the dollars on the app/play store?

Is there a free version for us, the installers, or do we need to fork out the dollars on the app/play store?

Not sure Fred, will find out on the open day but as far as I know our version is going to be different. Think its another form of smartlink as we will be able to do remote maintenance on each site connected.

• Advertisement

Not sure Fred, will find out on the open day but as far as I know our version is going to be different. Think its another form of smartlink as we will be able to do remote maintenance on each site connected.

Thanks. When is the open day?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement