Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Oh look, even the critics are coming around to SwanQueen now.
    The more Regina develops as this three-dimensional, fallen-angel archetype, the more perfect the idea becomes of Regina and Emma coming together… that way. Oh yes, that way. Guys, think about it: Emma is the savior, she’s the literal essence of true love, and the person who needs the transformative nature of true love the most in this series is so obviously Regina. And let’s be real, those two actresses have so much damn chemistry. The show is always at its best when they share the screen.
    http://www.tv.com/news/once-upon-a-time-welcome-to-storybrooke-review-open-your-heart-to-me-also-can-we-all-start-shipping-emma-and-regina-136362047404/
    I couldn't agree more, but I don't think the writers or the network have the balls to go there.

BTW, loved this weeks ep.It was kind of refreshing having a whole ep FTL free.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

DeWitt wrote: »
    Oh look, even the critics are coming around to SwanQueen now.

http://www.tv.com/news/once-upon-a-time-welcome-to-storybrooke-review-open-your-heart-to-me-also-can-we-all-start-shipping-emma-and-regina-136362047404/
    I couldn't agree more, but I don't think the writers or the network have the balls to go there.

BTW, loved this weeks ep.It was kind of refreshing having a whole ep FTL free.

Nope, not happening on a Disney show. Granted, neither character is actually a Disney "princess", it's not like they're taking a recognised brand like "Snow White" or "Cinderella" and making them gay.

You know they're probably going to go the awful way of Henry being "true love" just like they did when Emma kissing him saved him at the end of Season 1. Boooooo Hisssssss!! I say to that. Little brat.

You know what the worst part was? - "The curse, it won't make me love you for real."
    That little ****. How about "But I love you already."
    It doesn't make sense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

You know what the worst part was? - "The curse, it won't make me love you for real."
    That little ****. How about "But I love you already."
    It doesn't make sense to me.

I think the point was he could grow to love Regina without magic.

Oh, I meant it doesn't make sense that this woman raises him for 10 yrs and he doesn't even love her a little???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I wonder will Neal/Baelfire still take Henry to New York now, if he does I bet Hook steals Henry off to Neverland, Hook would now have a grudge with everyone including Regina as she left him in New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hmmm, an episode where Henry isn't the most annoying child.

Wonder what happened the father and did he grow old?
    Speaking of, how did Henry grow up if he was adopted as a baby since we know kids don't get any older, as seen with the likes of The Mad Hatter's daughter and Hansel and Gretel? I'm sure people in town would've questioned it if it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder what happened the father and did he grow old?
    Speaking of, how did Henry grow up if he was adopted as a baby since we know kids don't get any older, as seen with the likes of The Mad Hatter's daughter and Hansel and Gretel? I'm sure people in town would've questioned it if it happened

I can't wait for this to be explained, in a flashback-style episode (or episodes) like the latest one. I'm guessing Henry remained immune to the curse since he was an "outsider", so that should mean Ben (Owen's dad) would have aged normally too, and he should be about 70 now, if he's still alive... He was probably imprisoned for the duration of the curse. Must have been really weird for Henry growing up living in a Groundhog-Day world, Regina probably taught/brainwashed him into thinking this was a normal aspect of life, Truman-Show style, but he probably copped on eventually and this could have triggered his search for the truth and for Emma. Time will tell. :)

Hey everybody, wood conducts electricity now -___-

Not happy with the way this episode went at all. August has been wiped from existence? Blarg.

Can't get over the scene in granny's where Regina declared she was still mayor whilst everyone sat having their tea...Emma included. Like 2 weeks ago she was plotting to destroy everyone, but oh no EVERYONE'S TOTALLY OKAY WITH THIS SITUATION? Seriously, like Regina and Emma didn't say one thing to each other?

Also, can we bring back season 1 Emma? Leather jackets, wavy hair, non Charming bot personality.

I miss Hook! Apart from being nice to look at he added a bit of intrigue to proceedings because you never really knew whose side he was on.

I wonder how much impact Colin O'Donoghue breaking his leg had on these past few episodes? Was it always their intention to bring him to New York and lock him in a cupboard? Or did they have to rewrite a bunch of stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Not happy with the way this episode went at all. August has been wiped from existence? Blarg.
    I didn't like that either, he was an interesting character who has been missing for ages and they bring him back only to effectively kill him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Tamara --> Tiana
    300px-Tianadress.jpg

Or some kind of killer tinkerbell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Worst episode of the 2 series so far!

Killing Pinnochio was silly! But we should still see more of him in future episodes as we still dont know how he knew Neil was Baelfire.

Didnt like the twist at the end too, makes things too complicated. Sometimes keeping things simple works

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

Spoilers for the season finale are upsetting my Swan Queen sensibilities. Even though all I've seen is two pictures. Hardly anything to be getting upset about really. All I'm saying is, I can't take another Swan Queen separation! They need to stay in the same place! Cop on writers, they're great together! Even if it's just scenes with them arguing over who owns Henry and stuff, they're still the best thing about this show

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Why are they all bothering with this dark magic and protection spells? Apparently all you need is a taser :rolleyes:

Spoilers for the season finale are upsetting my Swan Queen sensibilities. Even though all I've seen is two pictures. Hardly anything to be getting upset about really. All I'm saying is, I can't take another Swan Queen separation! They need to stay in the same place! Cop on writers, they're great together! Even if it's just scenes with them arguing over who owns Henry and stuff, they're still the best thing about this show

I have to agree, kind of. I myself have no Swan Queen tendencies but I do think this season has been lacking a proper conflict. Okay, they make it seem like it's Snow and her wife against Regina and Cora, but it's nowhere near as interesting or compelling as the human conflict that the first season had with Emma and Regina re: Henry.
    That said I hate Henry and find it hard to believe that anyone would fight over him, but there you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That said I hate Henry and find it hard to believe that anyone would fight over him, but there you have it.

It is kind of believeable
    "You take him!" "No, I don't want him, you take him" :)

So now we have a dragon from fairytale land and have to find out who Tamara is. The fact she's just hunting for magic implies she's not from fairytale land, but she could be from some other land like Doctor Frankenstein.

Wasn't a great episode. So her boyfriend randomly tells her some story about being from fairy tales but she freaks out. Yet no questions are raised when she calmly watches on as a wooden man is turned into a real boy and she barely reacts other than to say it's true.

Though she looks much better in this than Walking Dead.

And how can Owen not be thinking "Hey she held on to a memento of me and I'm legal now!" :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Is it bad that I really want Once: Wonderland to fail? I wish the producers would focus on fixing the problems on their current show before running off and doubling their load.
    The two that come to mind are Alias and Buffy , when Joss and JJ ran off to their new shows (Lost and Firefly) the quality of the original shows took a real nosedive.

Criminal Minds springs to mind too. They decided to do a spin off which ended up costing the original show members of it's cast due to budget cuts, which in turn resulted in a full season of shoddy episodes and very unhappy fans. Came right in the end though, but there's nearly always a cost to these things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

but there's nearly always a cost to these things.

True enough Dearie:pac:
    tumblr_mboek68Onr1qc0lr4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Speaking of...Marvel are releasing an OUAT graphic novel next September featuring The Evil Queen and the Huntsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,763 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 2 starts on Channel 5 this Sunday at 9pm

Emma Rigby from Hollyoaks [lol] cast, the spin off has been retitled: Once Upon A Time In Wonderland: http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/04/once-upon-time-spinoff-casts-its-red.html

^ Michael Socha is in it too? I'm sorry, I love(d) him in Being Human but how on earth is an American audience going to understand a word he says? Sure, he can probably attempt a different one but that's a pretty strong accent he's got there. :)

This pretty much sounds awful.

First peak at the upcoming comic prequel.

image.jpg
    http://once-storybrooke.net/2013/04/first-look-at-the-once-upon-a-time-graphic-novel/

Also, ABC have released an animated teaser for the finale

They aired some special last night...clip show of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Show is back next week for a straight run of the last four episodes of the season.

• Advertisement

Show is back next week for a straight run of the last four episodes of the season.

Thank the gods!....that hiatus was way too long! :)

Advertisement