Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Secret 'housebreaking code' spotted in East Kilbride

• 15-04-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-32315632

Click link for the De ***** Code

A secret "Housebreaker's Code" has been used to target properties in the west of Scotland, police have warned.
    Officers have now issued a key to the code, which they said had recently been spotted in East Kilbride.
    The characters scrawled on houses and sheds by criminals can indicate whether a property is alarmed, has vulnerable occupants or has been robbed before.
    Police Scotland has urged members of the public to report any sightings of the symbols.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I remember something similar here using different types of smilies drawn on gate pillers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Why on earth would one thief leaves markings for another to take advantage of?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭flutered

KoolKid wrote: »
    I remember something similar here using different types of smilies drawn on gate pillers.

they are not that well educated at drawing hereabouts, they use an old manure bag, or a feed bag on a fence post, or other such extravegent methods

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Id be busy drawing the "too risky" sign around my property

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

my3cents wrote: »
    Why on earth would one thief leaves markings for another to take advantage of?

They are all part of the same group.
    They go around scoping out the homes and leave the mark for the lads coming behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

They are not too intelligent, they are unable to write. Those that can write wear suits and enter the world of politics, insurance and banking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

This is not happening its a ruse by some dodgy sales guys to drum up work . Anyone who works in the alarm industry with tell you that these guys don't care who was there before or is coming after most are junkies or well organised professional gangs who are in and out in 5/8 minutes and are ruthless as has been shown in the last few weeks when they stole the urn of ashes of a young mother who had died and they took that too . You either believe in security and protect your self and your home or you don't there is no middle ground .

Advertisement