Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aritech alarm

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Hi , back again. Had 3 people lined up to look at alarm and only 1 called. He was man that installed it 12 years. Thank god he wasn't dead and gone. The bad news is that the circuit board is blown and I will have to get new one and 2 key pads. I have been asking around and people say I should get hard ware that allows my phone to ring when alarm goes off and I can also switch off alarm this way. Would you have any advice on this as its expensive

Its an obsolete system. If you have a look on adverts you may be able to pick on up second hand.
    Just depends on how you do it. Using a GSM you will have remote access plus be able to monitor the alarm by text. For apps have a look at this thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

altor wrote: »
    Its an obsolete system. If you have a look on adverts you may be able to pick on up second hand.
    Just depends on how you do it. Using a GSM you will have remote access plus be able to monitor the alarm by text. For apps have a look at this thread here.

Thanks a lot for reply. I have an antique phone which has no aps. I was told that if alarm goes off my phone will ring and I can turn off alarm via my phone and re activate it again with phone. I was told that cost of this will be 250 plus about 20 euro a year depending on how many times I am notified

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It is possible to get notifications & remote control using IP without any annual charges
    See the Sticky here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057394782

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for reply. I have an antique phone which has no aps. I was told that if alarm goes off my phone will ring and I can turn off alarm via my phone and re activate it again with phone. I was told that cost of this will be 250 plus about 20 euro a year depending on how many times I am notified

By the sounds of it they are talking about adding a GSM to your system. This can also be done with older systems with a zone set up as arm/disarm. The €20 per year is the amount of credit you top it up with. Just to note, you need to top up some sims to keep them active.

Advertisement