Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

romanians working in ireland

• 17-02-2012 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hi im Romanian i just a bit confused with work regulations
    my father has an irish born child in 2000 and done family reunification for me
    work in ireland then i should as well ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Hi, as a Romanian national you are subject to certain criteria around work permits.

(I am assuming you are 18 or above!)

Until 31st Dec 2013, all Romanian & Bulgarians must have a work permit issued in order to take up employment in Ireland.

After you have worked under this for a 12 month period, no further permit is required.

Unless you are living here five years (legally) & can apply for residency or you have been granted citizenship, you will need to obtain a work permit.

Contact the Department of Enterprise, Trade & Employment, the Garda National Immigration Bureau or the Department of Justice for more information.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 laser2122

hi mate iv been living in irelan since 2001 before romania joined the eu and the laws were brought in saing what you said but before that wernt the circumstances different ???

To the best of my knowledge, it is your nationality that is the key issue when it comes to working, not the length of time you have been residing in Ireland.

Unless you have Refugee Status, worked under a Stamp 4 for at least 52 weeks PRIOR to 1.1.2007, or have Irish Citizenship, I believe you will need a work permit.

But it would be best to get definitive information from the relevant authority!

Best of luck!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

the thing is i have worked before i have p 45 p60 dating back from 2007 when i started working and i never had this issue ther was a spot check and i got reefed out ov it and i just found out ther not doing the other lads that wer signin and working but ther investigating me for a work permit is that fair i dont think so :(

• Advertisement

If your Spouse or Dependant has been legally resident in the State prior to the 31st December 2006 on the basis of being your Spouse or Dependant and you have had a valid employment permit for an uninterrupted period of 12 months expiring on or after the 31st December 2006 then they will not require a work permit.
    However, if they enter the State after 1st January 2007 then they will require a work permit. Applications will be accepted on foot of a job offer from spouses or dependants provided some basic requirements such as minimum wage are satisfied but the applications will not require a labour market test i.e. advertising in the newspapers and with FAS.
    You should note that, in accordance with the Accession Treaties of Bulgaria and Romania, the spouse or dependants of a Bulgarian or Romanian worker who have lived in Ireland with the Bulgarian or Romanian worker legally employed in the State for an uninterrupted period of 12 months, or more, will not require a work permit from 01 January 2010.

OP, if your parent(s) comply with above then you will NOT need a permit!

But I would strongly advise that you confirm this with DJELR!

keredern wrote: »
    If your Spouse or Dependant has been legally resident in the State prior to the 31st December 2006 on the basis of being your Spouse or Dependant and you have had a valid employment permit for an uninterrupted period of 12 months expiring on or after the 31st December 2006 then they will not require a work permit.
    However, if they enter the State after 1st January 2007 then they will require a work permit. Applications will be accepted on foot of a job offer from spouses or dependants provided some basic requirements such as minimum wage are satisfied but the applications will not require a labour market test i.e. advertising in the newspapers and with FAS.
    You should note that, in accordance with the Accession Treaties of Bulgaria and Romania, the spouse or dependants of a Bulgarian or Romanian worker who have lived in Ireland with the Bulgarian or Romanian worker legally employed in the State for an uninterrupted period of 12 months, or more, will not require a work permit from 01 January 2010.

OP, if your parent(s) comply with above then you will NOT need a permit!

But I would strongly advise that you confirm this with DJELR!

thaks mate they do comply with it as my father has had numerous buissneses
    and was self employed for about 3 years so thats making me a dependant on him so based on the above i should not need a workpermit ?? :)

laser2122 wrote: »
    thaks mate they do comply with it as my father has had numerous buissneses
    and was self employed for about 3 years so thats making me a dependant on him so based on the above i should not need a workpermit ?? :)

ONLY if your father had a work permit expiring on or after 31st Dec 2006!

Self employment DOES NOT require a work permit AND does NOT confer EEA Migrant worker status protection either!

OP you need to get advice from the relevant authority to be sure you are exempted from a work permit requirement.

thaks lads i will on monday il let yz know wats up then

Contact Employment Permits

Phone: 01 4175333
    LoCall: 1890 201 616*
    Fax: 01 6313268
    Email: employmentpermits@djei.ie
    Full contact list
    Davitt House, 65a Adelaide Road, Dublin 2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement