Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

Indiego wrote: »
    *shakes fist

It's a common misconception :L But now you know so don't make the mistake again, ill let you off this one time :P

Won't happen again.. I promise :P

May I ask what subjects you picked for fifth year?

I second that.

Balance between study and down-time is key.

Seriously, fretting and wearing yourself out from 'hours spent as a recluse studying in your room, (with blacked out windows), clad in fatigue' will get you nowhere...

Tóg go bog é!

Are you in TY too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

*shakes fist

It's a common misconception :L But now you know so don't make the mistake again, ill let you off this one time :P

Won't happen again.. I promise :P

May I ask what subjects you picked for fifth year?

We aren't being given out options till after the break (:'() but what I'm hoping for is biology, physics, Spanish and geography, and I'm doing chemistry (unofficially - not taking the exam) outside of school because by school is ghey and doesn't offer it, and I'm probably going to do applied maths outside of school, with the intention of taking the exam, because yet again my school doesn't do that either -_-

And yourself? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IloveConverse

Are you in TY too?

I am indeed.

If you need a hand with German or any other subject send me a PM! :)

I am indeed.

We only do French in my school... but some science tips wouldn't go astray. I got a C in the mocks with minimal study..

• Advertisement

Are you in TY too?

I am indeed.

How TY treating ya? :) haven't seen you around in a while :L

All of a sudden this thread is over-run with Ty-er's .. not that I'm complaining, I don't know if you've noticed but the JC forum is lifeless these days..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

JC forum is lifeless these days..
    true story,there's like 30/40 posts in each in thread.I say we make this thread the best :pac:

So where in the country is everyone from? :)
    I reside in wicklow :')

We only do French in my school... but some science tips wouldn't go astray. I got a C in the mocks with minimal study..

As has been said so many times before, 'do a little a lot'.

I made short concise notes at the end of every chapter with simple diagrams that helped me to remember the info. With this I jotted down all relevant exam questions to the chapter.

After studying a chapter, I tried the exam question under exam conditions and later marked it using the M. scheme. If something's wrong, mark it wrong, don't just mark it right because you know what you meant. Then with your concise notes keep track of errors made in the question you just did. Highlighting this will help to tattoo the mistake on the inside of your eyelids so you won't make it again.

Watch Science programmes like Physics of the Impossible, really helps you to get to grips with terminology.

Buy Focus! Great magazine.

When you're out and about think of all the Science happening around you. Mar shampla, why the grass is green; why the sky is blue; a child jumps out of a boat onto the pier, what will be velocity of the boat be on the water after the child steps out?

Think about the atoms that make up everything around you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Slow Show wrote: »
    That wasn't me, was it? :p

Into mod mode...: you can have this thread but be good, there is such a thing as going too off-topic (last year's thread was evidence of that). Godspeed.

Hello again! Yep, you did give me some well-heeded advice, but PianoLover99 was a big help during my time of need - has anyone heard from her in the last while? :)

Waterford :) be very surprised to find other people from Waterford in this exact thread.

I second that.

Balance between study and down-time is key.

Seriously, fretting and wearing yourself out from 'hours spent as a recluse studying in your room, (with blacked out windows), clad in fatigue' will get you nowhere...

Tóg go bog é!

ILoveConverse! It's been a while - haven't heard from you since the TY OT days :o how've you been? :D

How TY treating ya? :) haven't seen you around in a while :L

Best year of my life! :D YS was prob the biggest highlight!

Constant work-load, TY is not 'a doss' by any means.

You? :)

I tend to lurk about, posting randomly.

We're one of them now unfortunately.. the 'threadless' TY's XD

Suppose I should introduce maself, I'm Leia :') I technically should only be in 3rd year this year cos I'm young, so sure I fit right in here XD

But yeah, same goes as what SChique00 said, if anybody has any questions about anything feel free to ask, my specialities would be science and maths but I did alright in everything else too ^^

You're so modest!
    SHE GOT 10 AS, PEOPLE :D

SChique00 wrote: »
    ILoveConverse! It's been a while - haven't heard from you since the TY OT days :o how've you been? :D

Those were the days. :p Speaking of Top Gear if I remember rightly, hand-brakes and hills.

My gosh, it's so dead now.

How's TY treating you? :D

Best year of my life! :D YS was prob the biggest highlight!

Constant work-load, TY is not 'a doss' by any means.

You? :)

I tend to lurk about, posting randomly.

Well I'm glad you're enjoying it - I'm just started to get bored at this stage. I'm waiting for the year to hurry up and finish so I can get back into some proper work...
    What subjects did you pick? :)

Wicklow and Waterford, ya's aren't too far away from me. I myself hide away here in Wexford.

Wicklow and Waterford, ya's aren't too far away from me. I myself hide away here in Wexford.

There's a lad in my woodwork class who spent first year in a school in Wexford.He never has good things to say about it ;)

I'm in Fundalk or thereabouts :D

• Advertisement

Well I'm glad you're enjoying it - I'm just started to get bored at this stage. I'm waiting for the year to hurry up and finish so I can get back into some proper work...
    What subjects did you pick? :)

I like you will enjoy getting back to the old routine. :)

Were you at YS this year?

German
    History
    Physics
    Chemistry

You? :D

I like you will enjoy getting back to the old routine. :)

Were you at YS this year?

German
    History
    Physics
    Chemistry

You? :D

I shall - can't wait for fifth year - one year closer to getting away from the twits I only have an age in common with and finally going to college! :D
    Nope - I am in no way scientifically or logically inclined xP heard it was good though!
    Is anyone entering the CareerSkills competition? :)

Well, I have to do a European Language (French), and I chose Accounting, Business, History and Biology - a nice wee mixture, I think
    :p

I'm in Fundalk or thereabouts :D

How come everybody here seems to be from Dublin, Louth or Wicklow?

paddyzk wrote: »
    There's a lad in my woodwork class who spent first year in a school in Wexford.He never has good things to say about it ;)

Which school was it do ya know, btw I'm not suprised, apart form the sexy people, like myself :P .. wexford's reaaaaaaally boring.

IKR? People in the west still mustn't have electricity :rolleyes:
    I'd love if someone here was from Mayo :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

paddyzk wrote: »
    Waterford :) be very surprised to find other people from Waterford in this exact thread.

Try your moderator! :P

achem, WEXFORD

I shall - can't wait for fifth year - one year closer to getting away from the twits I only have an age in common with and finally going to college! :D
    Nope - I am in no way scientifically or logically inclined xP heard it was good though!
    Is anyone entering the CareerSkills competition? :)

Well, I have to do a European Language (French), and I chose Accounting, Business, History and Biology - a nice wee mixture, I think
    :p

That's a good spread. :D History buddy (Love it!)

Ah same, some people... :rolleyes: College will be great, finally get to meet more like-minded people.

That's a good spread. :D History buddy (Love it!)

Ah same, some people... :rolleyes: College will be great, finally get to meet more like-minded people.

Exactly.

• Advertisement

IKR? People in the west still mustn't have electricity :rolleyes:
    I'd love if someone here was from Mayo :D

I don't know how this computer is working so! :p

C'mon the West!

Advertisement