Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Macdara Ó Fatharta, what a legend! Tadhg Ó Díreán is the greatest soap villain, while also managing to be a soap hero. He can be an evil bastard the majority of the time, but when it actually comes time for him to step up to the plate and do something heroic, he pulls it off very well.
    Did it ever come out that it was Vince who ran Micheal off the road there a few years ago, Vince drove away, Tadhg showed up and then beat Micheal into a coma? I remember them touching on it, but don't think the whole story ever came out. It'd be interesting to see that unfold this year - the 3 of them together there at the end just reminded me of that whole storyline.

I think they intend to bring some new teens in again this year, with Lee, Molly & Mo all grown up and Katy back in Donegal they need some new youngsters. Evan must be into his early teens by this stage - did he appear at all last year? Would be a shame if the actor has left, because he's a talented kid. I hope he's not gone though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Cherry_Angel

Micheál and Realtín are leaving R na R!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I've been avoiding this thread all week til I watched the omnibus , It's just over and OMG it was fantastic.
    Very uncomfortable scenes with Breandain and Realtin but I have to commend all the actors and writers , it was wow.
    Really happy that they picked up where last season left off cos I had worried we would just see the aftermath of what happened.
    Anyway , I loved it. Well done Ros na Run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Only started watching last April, so I just saw a few weeks before the cliffhanger. Needless to say, I was back to watch the new season :D

Totally surprised by the quality of the acting! You never really hear people raving about Ros na Rún, but from what I've seen, they should be. The scenes with Bréandáin and Réailtín were brilliantly done - very uncomfortable viewing but that's because it seemed so realistic. And to think of the budget RTE waste on the actors in Fair City...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Karen23 wrote: »
    I've been avoiding this thread all week til I watched the omnibus , It's just over and OMG it was fantastic.
    Very uncomfortable scenes with Breandain and Realtin but I have to commend all the actors and writers , it was wow.
    Really happy that they picked up where last season left off cos I had worried we would just see the aftermath of what happened.
    watched it like you op this morning when kids were gone to school. i recorded last nite. my god ive seen acting on other soaps , but this was par up there with excellent,s. the writers done a great job. breandain done good job, im sure he felt very uncomfortable playing the scene,s as much as us watching it. but did he realy shoot himself? it showed him just lifting the shot gun at his shoulder..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

forgot to record the omnibus last night, now trying to watch it on tg4 online but it's not working! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Only caught the end of the show on Thursday Night, took a look last night, impressive acting. No offence to the actress who plays Grainne but I wasn't a fan when she first appeared but last night she really did an excellent job. Mícheál was also very good as the worried and angry father.

Brilliant opening episode to any drama. Definitely wiped the floor with all the other soaps. <<< there is a pun in there but I am not sure if it is work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Beamobhoy

Micheál and Realtín are leaving R na R!!!

What?? Tell us more! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Only caught the end of the show on Thursday Night, took a look last night, impressive acting. No offence to the actress who plays Grainne but I wasn't a fan when she first appeared but last night she really did an excellent job. Mícheál was also very good as the worried and angry father.

Grainne used to irritate the hell out of me; I only started watching ros na run shortly before this storyline (I watched it years ago too though) and Grainne seemed to be a less serious character; one that was always jibber jabbering on, I think she was intended to be a little irritating....
    Brilliant opening episode to any drama. Definitely wiped the floor with all the other soaps. <<< there is a pun in there but I am not sure if it is work

I agree with this big time. Its almost a shame to call it a soap because you automatically associate poor acting, poor scripts, coronation street rubbish to it. This was a level above that. There were some minor plot holes [ the phonecall to Vince for example], but it was real edge of the seat stuff. And for me, it was amongst the best Irish television that I have watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭julyjane

Where has Eithne disappeared to? :confused:

Am I the only one who suspects that
    Catriona changed her mind about the abortion and is still pregnant?

And why does your one Martina have to be so annoying?

• Advertisement

julyjane wrote: »
    Where has Eithne disappeared to? :confused:

Am I the only one who suspects that
    Catriona changed her mind about the abortion and is still pregnant?

I was wondering about Eithne too, she just vanished!

And
    I also thought that about Catriona. Maybe she still is pregnant and after last week's episode, she'll say it's Dara's? (only speculation)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

There's a new actor playing Evan

branie wrote: »
    There's a new actor playing Evan

Did he jump in age from 5 to 14 overnight? :eek:

I think I may have been wrong about Catriona but I guess time will tell.

Was just going to ask about two things but they've already been mentioned - Eithne disappearing & Evan mutating into a teenager , whats going on there ??

And I think Lanuagenerds spoiler is correct
    I think Caitriona will pass the baby off as Dara's so it doesnt grow up with the stigma of having a paedophile for a father

I was wondering about Eithne too, she just vanished!

And
    I also thought that about Catriona. Maybe she still is pregnant and after last week's episode, she'll say it's Dara's? (only speculation)

Spot on there :D Although I'm sure there are a few people in Ros na Rún who can do some simple maths!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Can this episode be seen anywhere????

I think you just missed it , it looks like today was its last day on the tg4 player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

I think you just missed it , it looks like today was its last day on the tg4 player.
    Damn..can anyone explain to me what is happening. I have got into this in the last week or so and I find it very interesting..

P.S. I am really only watching it because of Roise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Can someone fill me in? I only started watching Ros Na Run a few weeks before the end of last series. I then went onto watch the repeats of the series 2 from 1998 that were shown over the summer.
    What I want to know is where did Evan come from ?
    There was no sign of him with Berni in 1998 and surely he is about 16 or so? Was he some secret left back on the Island Berni was from?

Also how come Jason gets on so well with Tadgh , He hated him as a teen as he was supposed to have assaulted his mother.
    Its been doing my head in.

Evans father's name was Liam (I think) , he was Peadar and Máire's son so they are Evan's grandparents. Liam and Berni weren't together at the time but he died in a fire a few years ago

• Advertisement

tishandy wrote: »
    Can someone fill me in? I only started watching Ros Na Run a few weeks before the end of last series. I then went onto watch the repeats of the series 2 from 1998 that were shown over the summer.
    What I want to know is where did Evan come from ?
    There was no sign of him with Berni in 1998 and surely he is about 16 or so? Was he some secret left back on the Island Berni was from?

Also how come Jason gets on so well with Tadgh , He hated him as a teen as he was supposed to have assaulted his mother.
    Its been doing my head in.

Evan was about 6 or 7 the last time we saw him, suddenly he's in secondary school. It doesn't really make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

lizt wrote: »
    Evan was about 6 or 7 the last time we saw him, suddenly he's in secondary school. It doesn't really make sense.

Thhink theres some term for this when kids in soaps age far quicker than they are supposed to; same happened Ben in Eastenders & Duncan in Home & Away!

Can anyone explain the whole Katy thing please? :) I wasn't watching at the time and don't know why everyone's so angry with her.
    Thhink theres some term for this when kids in soaps age far quicker than they are supposed to; same happened Ben in Eastenders & Duncan in Home & Away!

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_Opera_Rapid_Aging_Syndrome

Happens a lot in the Australian soaps! They also adjust older characters ages when they feel like it (cf. Charlie in H & A went from 26 to 30 overnight).

Can anyone explain the whole Katy thing please? :) I wasn't watching at the time and don't know why everyone's so angry with her.

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_Opera_Rapid_Aging_Syndrome

Happens a lot in the Australian soaps! They also adjust older characters ages when they feel like it (cf. Charlie in H & A went from 26 to 30 overnight).

She was basically bullying Coilin, stealing his money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Evan is taller than his mother and cousin [EEK!]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Just started watching this since the beginning of this season and enjoying it so far. Does it take a break for the summer or something? Or the new season begins in September? Just wondering.

Learning a lot of Irish phrases too which brings back good memories!

Just started watching this since the beginning of this season and enjoying it so far. Does it take a break for the summer or something? Or the new season begins in September? Just wondering.

Learning a lot of Irish phrases too which brings back good memories!

Yeah, it's usually off the air for summer and comes back in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

lizt wrote: »
    Yeah, it's usually off the air for summer and comes back in September.

Thanks, much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

John Joe the handyman has an awful taste in women! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dominus

Whatever about John Joe... Love Johnny... Ha ha he's great with the ladies! Not in it enough this season so far... Wanna see more of his antics, brings a lot of comedy and fun to the show! :cool:

Advertisement