Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nintendo Wii for under €200

• 22-03-2009 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

Has anyone seen the Wii advertised for €199.99 in Xtravision,I was in the store in phibsbourgh last night and seen a poster in the window,it seems to be just the console but even so it is a good buy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Nice price for the deal but it does only come with three games rather than 96 and the refurb does not come with any wires nor does it come with a wiimote/nunchuck combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

samhail wrote: »
    i would hit ebay.
    New UK Wii CONSOLE + Wii FIT + 96 Games & 4 Controllers

96 games on 4 discs.. I don't think they should count the 35 mini games in Carnival as 35 games. That's a rubbish game btw. As is Wii Play. So you get Wii Sports (free anyways), Wii Play, and Carnival and they are all really cheap in HMV etc

Still a good price for the Wii and Wii fit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Lets not forget the £60 P&P there charging too, not exactly a bargain once you factor ALL the costs in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Has anyone seen the Wii advertised for €199.99 in Xtravision,I was in the store in phibsbourgh last night and seen a poster in the window,it seems to be just the console but even so it is a good buy.

Yes I saw that in The Independent newspaper last Friday. Good price, if anyone looking for onw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

good to see a decent price for the console by itself, too many offers are bundles with games in it that you don't really want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

samhail wrote: »
    i would hit ebay.
    New UK Wii CONSOLE + Wii FIT + 96 Games & 4 Controllers
    being bidded on. 65 euro now with 22hours left. very likely to get that for less than 200e
    Currently 340 euros (incl postage) with 10hrs left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Drakar wrote: »
    Currently 340 euros (incl postage) with 10hrs left

That makes it a very bad deal! Better go with the OP's one, buy Wii fit seperately and a 2nd controller with free Wii Play and ignore that last game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Otaku Girl

Not bad.I picked up Resi 5 for forty quid there. Xtravision are getting pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

just to add i seen the Wii and Sports pack in Powercity as well for €199.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

€199 in Curry's aswell now.

Worth bearing in mind that Nintendo released a new firmware for the Wii last week that apparently fixes the Twilight princess hack, so if you're interested in running homebrew on a Wii this might be the time to buy one before these fixed consoles start appearing on the shelves.

Not my area, so i'm open to correction on this*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

Arg&s are selling
    the wii console with wii sports t
    he wii mega accessory pack
    and the wii docking station and a
    ny one new release game for €294.96 not sure if thats a major good deal but sounds ok to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

danois wrote: »
    Arg&s are selling
    the wii console with wii sports t
    he wii mega accessory pack
    and the wii docking station and a
    ny one new release game for €294.96 not sure if thats a major good deal but sounds ok to me

I haven't seen the accessory pack but I bet ya it just a load of plastic tennis rackets, golf clubs etc which are just a pile of crap that you don't need and will never be used after the first day. Docking station is handy tho.

As well as having the Wii @ €199, Xtravision have a bundle - Wii & Wii Sports + Any Game (exc Wii Fit) + Extra Wii Remote + Extra Nunchuck for €299.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

€199 in Curry's aswell now.

Worth bearing in mind that Nintendo released a new firmware for the Wii last week that apparently fixes the Twilight princess hack, so if you're interested in running homebrew on a Wii this might be the time to buy one before these fixed consoles start appearing on the shelves.

Not my area, so i'm open to correction on this*

I second that and especially now that there is a USB loader out for the Wii that will allow you to play all your games from a Hard Disk Drive or USB pendrive.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

What are these retailing for in the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 adamleigha

not if the Wii is running on V4.00 firmware it wont!! which all new wii's will most probably be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

There are bound to be some Wii's out there running a fimware less then 4.0, that is if your quick to get it.....

Pre owned wii's are your best bet,Game stop are doing a good deal at the moment,wii console,wii fit and a geame of your choice plus a 3 month warrranty and you can check the version revision instore before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

adamleigha wrote: »
    Pre owned wii's are your best bet,Game stop are doing a good deal at the moment,wii console,wii fit and a geame of your choice plus a 3 month warrranty and you can check the version revision instore before you buy.

I was thinking about getting one of the used Wii's from gamestop as it seemed like a good deal, €189 for the wii, remote and nunchuck, wii sports and a used game of your choice(excluding wii fit of course). Also they said it has a years manufacturers warranty on it. Anyone esle bought one of these used one?

yeah I've got one from thee wilton store in cork but only a 3 month warranty on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

HMV now selling the Wii with a second wii-mote (normally about €45 anyway), for €210. Saw an ad in The Sun today.

Advertisement