Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stockists of Ripcurl, Quiksliver etc in Dublin

• 20-09-2006 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm heading off travelling real soon and need to get some practical (but nice! :) ) shorts and 3/4 lengths etc.
    After looking in the usual shops I've found there's no summery clothes like shorts etc left, eek.
    So does anyone know where I'd find those longer surf style shorts in Dublin, like ripcurl or quiksliver, or any similar cheaper ones!
    I just need practical, nice comfy ones really.
    Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

So does anyone know where I'd find those longer surf style shorts in Dublin, like ripcurl or quiksliver, or any similar cheaper ones!

They stock Quiksilver (Roxy if your a girl), Ripcurl, Gravis & Billabong in Arnotts. They are all a tad pricey though. They also stock that sort of gear in Tribe on the second level of Stephans Green SC. Again, if you are a girl then you will find Tribe Girl on the top floor. (I think they have a sale on now too!) :cool:

Hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Trespass in the Dun Laoghaire shopping centre carry some of that stuff along with their own brand and had a sale on last time I was in there (just before Electric Picnic).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Arnott's selection of Quicksilver and Roxy is rubbish! Try The Great Outdoors on Chatham st off Grafton St.

But they're pretty expensive.

If I were you i'd order online, somewhere like shore.co.uk is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Spider_Baby

Thanks! I'll check out Arnotts and the one in Stephens Green.
    Yeah those brands are quite pricey but hopefully I'll pick up one or two bargains, and then buy the rest while I'm away.
    Thanks for the replies! :)
    Keep posting any more suggestions :)
    Thanks!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

tk maxx always have loads of surf brands dirt cheap..
    there is also a new tribe in liffey valley and that outlet
    mall in kildare has a quiksilver outlet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

has the outlet actually got any shops heard they werent advertising because they had got retaillers in . any one be there.

tvr wrote:
    has the outlet actually got any shops heard they werent advertising because they had got retaillers in . any one be there.

they have loads of shops there, about 2/3s open I'd say when I was there about 6 weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Theres a shop in Liffey St who sell those "surfer" brands. I cant for the life of me remember the name of the place but its down near Abbey Discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Tk maxx always have loads of surf wear, i swear they have pretty much everything in that store. Think if i went in every week i would be bankrupt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

I seen some ripcurl in elverys?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Ripcurl and Quicksilver are pricey but they last really well compared to the usual "designer" brands. Tribe have a good selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

is that aproper outlet store opening in kildare, if so where abouts, or just the name of a shop?

ta

is that aproper outlet store opening in kildare, if so where abouts, or just the name of a shop?

ta

yeah it's a smallish quiksilver only store in the outlet village, it's just off the motorway. kildarevillage.com or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

eth0_ wrote:
    Arnott's selection of Quicksilver and Roxy is rubbish! Try The Great Outdoors on Chatham st off Grafton St.

But they're pretty expensive.

If I were you i'd order online, somewhere like shore.co.uk is great.

i just tried that website you mentioned and it doesnt work. u got the right address?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

My advice is to wait until you are in Australia. There are so many surf stores here and there is always gonna be much more selection of Aussie brands than what you get in Dublin. Not only that but you will get much more bang for your buck and you will find that Billabong and Rip Curl is hella cheaper here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭colm_c

There's a new surf shop just off grafton street - can't remember what it's called, but there was a guy holding a surf board with an arrow and sign for it a few weeks back, I think it was opposite HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Tk maxx always have loads of surf wear, i swear they have pretty much everything in that store. Think if i went in every week i would be bankrupt.

or just melt. i swear to god they have the heating on 24/7 even during the summer. i'm surprised they don't try and pester you into buying water whilst shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Tribe, Liffey Valley shopping centre.

Advertisement