Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I'm pretty sure during The Great Gamepass Free For All of 2013 that Hard Knocks was up on it. Maybe it wasn't broadcast live or anything but past episodes and seasons were definitely on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

past episodes don't seem to be up there now at all unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

nerd69 wrote: »
    past episodes don't seem to be up there now at all unfortunately

Received my auto-renew notice this morning, and it states
    New! Archives of hit shows from NFL Network including Hard Knocks and A Football Life
    Is anybody currently subscribed and can see these shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

corblimey wrote: »
    Received my auto-renew notice this morning, and it states Is anybody currently subscribed and can see these shows?

I am and hard knocks was there but no episodes were up but a football life was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    corblimey wrote: »
    Received my auto-renew notice this morning, and it states Is anybody currently subscribed and can see these shows?

This is what I've got: Top 100 players, Football Life, Coaches Show, Gameday, NFL Presents, No Huddle, Playbook, Superbowl Archieves, Sound FX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 scallion.eater

Well lads. Does anyone know if the black out post season games show on red zone on gamepass? Is it just that you can't watch a black out game continuously live? Wouldn't be too bad if the main plays for black out games were shown on red zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well lads. Does anyone know if the black out post season games show on red zone on gamepass? Is it just that you can't watch a black out game continuously live? Wouldn't be too bad if the main plays for black out games were shown on red zone.

Red zone isn't on during the playoffs so the answer would be no.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 scallion.eater

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Red zone isn't on during the playoffs so the answer would be no.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Redzone is the work of the gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

BKWDR wrote: »
    Redzone is the work of the gods.

There is talk about scrapping it because the networks are loosing to many viewers to it.

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    There is talk about scrapping it because the networks are loosing to many viewers to it.

SERIOUS!?

Talk about a backwards step. Although no ads, no revenue etc.

Imagine they blacked out Redzone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

BKWDR wrote: »
    SERIOUS!?

Talk about a backwards step. Although no ads, no revenue etc.

Imagine they blacked out Redzone!

You'd imagine the subs would make up for loss if ads etc. to the NFL anyway. But it was only something I saw in passing at start of summer. Don't know how strong the talk was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    While I like RedZone, it's only something I watch occasionally. I much prefer to see a complete game and it's only if there aren't any good match ups on or a game's a blowout that I switch to it.

Having said that, I would be annoyed if it was taken away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

gufc21 wrote: »

Where did you hear about this, gufc? I thought other US sports (NBA, NHL, etc) were considering similar programming for their channels, so I figured it was something of a success. Honestly, I probably wouldn't sign up for GamePass if they stop doing RedZone - it's my Sunday evening must-watch. I'll then usually follow up during the week with compressed games of the matchups I want to see again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I don't see how it would work with NBA or NHL. They're end to end sports with possession and attacks changing every few seconds so it would be hard to follow the RedZone idea.

Also NHL/NBA games are on every night with local time zones dictating the start times as opposed to the set times and days the NFL uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    You can get Gamepass for €95 if you use a Portuguese proxy/vpn to sign up. It might work with an Irish billing address, might not. You'll have to check that yourself.

Not free in the Netherlands/Argentina/New Zealand anymore. Oh well :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Oat23 wrote: »
    You can get Gamepass for €95 if you use a Portuguese proxy/vpn to sign up. It might work with an Irish billing address, might not. You'll have to check that yourself.

What!? Since when??

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    What!? Since when??

New for this season unfortunately. Tried all 3 and they all bring up subscription pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

For anyone puchasing gamepass the code REP15 gives 15% off the price

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

wawaman wrote: »

Awesome gonna do it this evening so I have it for the HOF game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

67 quid to follow the Titans, will take that, cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Awesome gonna do it this evening so I have it for the HOF game.

Ah feck. Didn't look here this morning. Bought it with a ten percent off code earlier. :o

Also there is cashback from topcashback.com. Just saw it on the NFL UK gamepass site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

wawaman wrote: »

**** it anyways - auto-renewed on me this morning.

New for this season unfortunately. Tried all 3 and they all bring up subscription pages.

Yeah Argentina seemed to be the last of them, they seemed to have pulled the plug on this altogether.

Is this Portugal price thing a nod and a wink thing or waht? i dont wanna sign up and them pull my account?

Or do i have to use a Portugal IP everytime i connect?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone know where the free countries were listed officially on the site before?

Not holding much hope of it occurring this year again anyway but still wouldn't mind knowing, because despite how great of a service it is, even with the blackouts, I don't think I'll be getting it this year.

going to splash out and get the Titans only version, will watch the good games on sky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

You can get Gamepass for €95 if you use a Portuguese proxy/vpn to sign up. It might work with an Irish billing address, might not. You'll have to check that yoursef

Do people reckon that if you were to successfully purchase it, that you'd have to use a Portuguese proxy to then use and watch it also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Really enjoyed this last year. Have picked it up again.

Roll on the Season!

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Do people reckon that if you were to successfully purchase it, that you'd have to use a Portuguese proxy to then use and watch it also?

I asked my friend in the UK to give me the login to his account (bought in the UK with a UK IP) and it works fine with my Irish IP. I don't see it being any different if you buy with the Portuguese price to be honest. It is easy enough to get a refund anyways if you request one before the games start.

Should work out at about 80 euro for the season pass if you use the discount code posted by wawaman.

• Advertisement

I asked my friend in the UK to give me the login to his account (bought in the UK with a UK IP) and it works fine with my Irish IP. I don't see it being any different if you buy with the Portuguese price to be honest. It is easy enough to get a refund anyways if you request one before the games start.

Should work out at about 80 euro for the season pass if you use the discount code posted by wawaman.

Just actually tried to do this but it gives a real weird error message...no product or soemthing...can someone else try this?
    316942.jpg

Also when does that 15% off code finish?

Advertisement