Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Snake_Doctor

yabadabado wrote: »
    I was told by a dermatologist to use glycerine as part of my pre shave routine.Anyone in particular ye would recommend ?
    I suspect you have similar skin to me...
    I find the Musgo pre shave oil (its glycerine based as well) better then the soap - I've tried both.
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/musgo-pre-shave-oil.html
    When you first start using it - make sure you do a good prep routine on the face to get the skin and beard nice and soft and use it before every pass, after a while you can back it off to applying it once.
    I use a nice mild razor when my skin gets sensitive,
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/feather-popular-razor.html
    or I have the Merkur adjustable that I back off fully.
    I find these good in it as well, gives a nice shave without going too close
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/polsilver-razor-blades.html
    Afterwards you need a proper moistureiser - A big tub of Haldens emulsifying base in most chemists or something like this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aveeno-Moisturising-Natural-Colloidal-Oatmeal/dp/B003VZNOSG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399794263&sr=8-2&keywords=aveeno+daily+moisturising+lotion
    Lash it on while the face is still damp after you have toweled off the cold water rinse.
    Hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Dammit, I get paid on Thursday and was going to purchase the Feather Stainless Steel ASD2. Now it's out of stock. When are you due to get more in?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Dammit, I get paid on Thursday and was going to purchase the Feather Stainless Steel ASD2. Now it's out of stock. When are you due to get more in?

You just missed out. I don't have an exact time yet but I will let you know once I have the info..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Hey, any Trumpers Sandalwood cologne there? Seems to have disappeared recently. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Chris, I'm intrigued!

You have three different versions of the Black Silvertip Special in New Products. They have all the same dimensions so there must be a difference in the backbone or hair type.

Do tell :)

Edit: careful scrutiny shows slightly different handles. Is this it?

• Advertisement

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Hey, any Trumpers Sandalwood cologne there? Seems to have disappeared recently. Thanks!
    Yes, more on the way.. probably at the end of next week.
    Rosahane wrote: »
    Edit: careful scrutiny shows slightly different handles. Is this it?
    Correct! Same knot.. just different handles. The knots do look different in colour but that is my fault for using sunlight as the primary light source when taking the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    ?..

Correct! Same knot.. just different handles. The knots do look different in colour but that is my fault for using sunlight as the primary light source when taking the photos.

Is there a difference in the height of the handles?

Rosahane wrote: »
    Is there a difference in the height of the handles?
    I just updated the product details to show handle height for each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What's that Arko soap like?cheap crap or a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Arko makes great lather with very little effort needed to do so. It's the smell of it that really divides opinion. Some like the lemon/citronella smell while others find it reminds them of urinal cakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭TeRmInAlCrAzY

On your home page, towards the bottom

Simple shaving advice

links to

http://www.shaving.ie/shaving.pdf

404 file not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Is anyone able to buy anything on their website now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Peace wrote: »
    Is anyone able to buy anything on their website now?

They are on holidays until next Thursday, so no orders being processed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Uriel. wrote: »
    They are on holidays until next Thursday, so no orders being processed at the moment.

Is it like a three man operation?

kneemos wrote: »

I don't know tbh. Small business though I am sure. Maybe family run. I have a small family run business and to take holidays as a family we'd have to shut up shop. We don't though and as a family take separate holidays, or none. Sometimes it's not worth it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

kneemos wrote: »

i imagine it's a one man operation. i doubt the market for these type of products in ireland warrants much more. vast majority pick up their supplies in Dunnes on the weekly shop

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Pretty sure its just Chris running shaving.ie,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Hi Chris, I bought some Valobra shave soap the other day and man is that good stuff. Is there any chance you can get some of their body soaps. http://www.valobra.com/english/toilet-soaps.html

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Is the firm functional? Shaving.ie is not responding to calls nor replying to any mails.

mac.in wrote: »
    Is the firm functional? Shaving.ie is not responding to calls nor replying to any mails.

how long are you waiting a reply? I got a delivery about 10 days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Just received my two new Semogue brushes, 1305 and 620, along with 50 Astra SP blades.

Quick delivery, just over a week to Tokyo!

Thanks shaving.ie!

Uriel. wrote: »
    how long are you waiting a reply? I got a delivery about 10 days ago.

I wanted a clarification about something. I called their number (mentioned on their website), an automated reply to use their email facility for contacting them. So I sent a mail too around a week back; there is no reply yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

I wanted a clarification about something. I called their number (mentioned on their website), an automated reply to use their email facility for contacting them. So I sent a mail too around a week back; there is no reply yet.

My recent order was shipped on the 23rd of July. So there was someone there at that time.

Maybe the guy is on holiday or something.

jebidiah wrote: »
    My recent order was shipped on the 23rd of July. So there was someone there at that time.

I too presume the same. Anyway I ordered a product from Amazon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

jebidiah wrote: »

Don't they usually announce it on the website if they're going to be away for a while?

Hi Chris, I bought some Valobra shave soap the other day and man is that good stuff. Is there any chance you can get some of their body soaps. http://www.valobra.com/english/toilet-soaps.html
    I have had a few requests for the Fougere so I think that is on the cards next time around.
    there is no reply yet.
    mac.in. looks like you are sorted but having checked through emails I can't find your query that was unanswered. It would not make sense not to reply so if you would like to pm me your email I can see if something went amiss on my side.

@dmc17: Yes you are correct. When on holidays it is announced on the main page and also in the terms at checkout... unfortunately no holidays for me in the immediate future :)

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    I have had a few requests for the Fougere so I think that is on the cards next time around.

mac.in. looks like you are sorted but having checked through emails I can't find your query that was unanswered. It would not make sense not to reply so if you would like to pm me your email I can see if something went amiss on my side.

@dmc17: Yes you are correct. When on holidays it is announced on the main page and also in the terms at checkout... unfortunately no holidays for me in the immediate future :)

I have sent a PM that has my email details from which I sent a mail to 'info@shaving.ie' seeking some clarification. :)

Thanks mac.in, I have found your email. Sorry.. I will put it down to an error on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭baldbear

Any aftershave lotions recommendations lads for sensitive skin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

baldbear wrote: »
    Any aftershave lotions recommendations lads for sensitive skin?

I like the Jack Dean balm a lot.

Advertisement