Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JK2 patch and stuffs

Options
  • 04-05-2002 6:12pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Just read that a JK2 patch release is imminent, apparently one of the changes will be the heavy stance on the saber being toned down :(. The force powers are the ones that really need balancing i think.

On an unrelated note, just downloaded a remake of the old JK1 map Canyon Oasis, its pretty good, although its only loosely based on the classic version at best.

canyon1.jpg

You can get it here

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Came across another good map worth getting:

screenshot1.jpg

Bespin Towers CTF
    It's a small CTF map that would be will suited to 3v3 or 4v4 CTF with reduced force powers and guns on (the guns are relatively spare and seem to be well distributed). Its a nice little map with a simple layout in the ol' 2fort style. Unfortunately the bots seem to like to jump to their deaths repeatedly so it's only really suitable for LAN or Net play with other people :(

Grab it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

They need a few more skins for M-player. I luv'd usin the old Vader skin.any1 know if its easy to mod JK2. might consider making a few skins then.
    Also the Old Cloud City map and the otherone that I cant member the name off.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I downloaded the JK2 tools, only took a quick look but it seems pretty simple to mod it, especially in making your own skins.

Advertisement