Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Graffitti on house in Holywell

Options
  • 30-07-2014 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Just noticed there a few days ago some graffitti on a house in Holywell (south side) Just wondering whats the cause of it, hope its not the start of some nastiness around here, as it's usually so quiet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

see it a bit in Tyrellstown. Signed by some 'artist' called Benz. pity this so called 'Benz' as an 'artist' doesnt have any respect for people's property!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Good, kill the bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Bob.Carcass - Banned for a week.
    Such comments are not acceptable in this forum.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

I certainly wouldn't like him living near me or mine and can understand where the frustration must be on the vandals part
    Molesting a seven year old girl and gets three years suspended?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

suspended

Ah here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Huh, how did I miss this? O_o its only a few houses down from me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Just walked past there. Probably about 20 people outside the gaf. I would say they aren't even from this estate to be honest.

And who brings kids to protest outside a paedophiles house??

Theres people outside there now? There wasnt a half hour ago :/

Meesared wrote: »
    Theres people outside there now? There wasnt a half hour ago :/

I say now but I mean 20 mins ago. Just back at house now. Saw family heading over........from Melrose!

• Advertisement

peteb2 wrote: »
    I say now but I mean 20 mins ago. Just back at house now. Saw family heading over........from Melrose!
    Yeah theres a load of cars around I dont recognise alright

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drag0n79

Huh, how did I miss this? O_o its only a few houses down from me

Don't know how you missed it - 3 nights in a row. Lots of people not from the area, especially last night.

Surely this kind of mobbing/lynching behaviour just forces the person to go from somewhere where their location is known and their face is recognised, to somewhere where their location is unknown and their face is not recognised, i.e. they go underground and can't have an eye kept on them.

Shouldn't any protests in this regard be aimed at the judges decision and better guidelines for judges?

No one is going to want to have a paedophile living in their area. But the fact of the matter is that unless he's housed by the council, which I doubt these protests are worthless. He's hardly going to think "i've had enough, lets rush out and put the house up for sale". And no one is going to rush to buy it. Because no doubt, the same mob hanging around would be stupidly quick to point out to prospective buyers who they were dealing with and shoot themselves in the foot.

Its also more likely the Melrosians will get bored before he does.

What I find hilarious is the parents going up their bringing their kids. The sense of irony appears lost on them.

The Gardai were at his place this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

The Gardai were at his place this morning!

They were there most of last night too, his windows were smashed and his front door kicked in.

dylbert wrote: »
    They were there most of last night too, his windows were smashed and his front door kicked in.
    No way, really? Much as what he did was beyond terrible, noone deserves that in their own home

No way, really? Much as what he did was beyond terrible, noone deserves that in their own home

Afraid so. As far as I can see it started as a peaceful protest on Monday, got a bit more heated on Tuesday and then all hell broke loose last night. I'm all for peoples right to protest but vandalism and breaking entry is a step too far, the Garda were getting allot of abuse too.

As mentioned through-out this thread, its not even residents. Its the usual rent-a-mob crowd who'd show up at anything where there's a good chance of lively "debate".

peteb2 wrote: »
    As mentioned through-out this thread, its not even residents. Its the usual rent-a-mob crowd who'd show up at anything where there's a good chance of lively "debate".

I figured that alright.

So the door and one of the Windows is boarded up from outside. So he's obviously not there. No one about this evening. But guards popped in about 7pm . One van and one car.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Sounds as though the house is empty. Hopefully that'll be an end to the lynch mob gathering.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

I wonder why this is only getting attention now. I read about this weeks ago. Don't live in Holywell, just curious.

http://http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-who-sexually-abused-family-member-avoids-jail-30371440.html

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drag0n79

I wonder why this is only getting attention now. I read about this weeks ago. Don't live in Holywell, just curious.

http://http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-who-sexually-abused-family-member-avoids-jail-30371440.html

A combined campaign from the victim's family and the Mirror newspaper ramping it up in the last week (as the News of the World used to do with the mobs in the UK housing estates in the 1990s).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Yeah, it broke when I was on holidays and I was expectant that he had fled the scene as I didn't hear of a witch hunt.

Seems like somebody was out to mark him hence the Graffiti. Once that happened I suppose it was game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Friend of mine who lives nearby has said that people who caused the criminal damage to his house were arrested. Also that one of the female protesters who was the most 'vocal' of the mob was off her face drunk with her own 6month year old baby locked in her car while she screamed abuse at the house. She then went to leave when it died down and got arrested for drink driving by the Gardai that were there. That explains the intelligence of some of the crowd that turned up.

What that man did was disgusting but so is mob rule. I would agree with previous posters, they should protest outside the Judges house.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

It was on Adrian Kennedy so it's probably why the rent a crowd turned up. There's also a private Facebook page set up to try and "get him out".
    The people don't seem to grasp he owns the house, no one can "get him out".
    I have a young child, tbh I'd not like him living near me, but at least you'd know who to keep an eye on. I'm not thinking were surrounded, but I'd rather know about one and have him watch then others who aren't known to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Advertisement