Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Magic the Gathering groups in Dublin?

Options
  • 24-07-2014 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I've played Magic for many years now I'm stuck within the online game and would like to get back on the card game. I also have a friend who plays the online game and is crazy about it. Would be anyone available in Dublin area for a few games tomorrow night?

Oh, btw, really hard to be taken seriously here being a girl :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jhon boy

women mtg players now ive seen it all :D what part you from

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

vsantos wrote: »
    Hi,

I've played Magic for many years now I'm stuck within the online game and would like to get back on the card game. I also have a friend who plays the online game and is crazy about it. Would be anyone available in Dublin area for a few games tomorrow night?

Oh, btw, really hard to be taken seriously here being a girl :(

There's a shop up by jervis called gamers world. They run drafts every Tuesday and constructed standard events every Thursday. There's often people around playing more casual games too. If you pop in and talk to any of the staff (andy, Derek or Gus the manager) then they'll be able to give you a better idea. There are a few girls who play there regularly so I don't think you'll have anything to worry about on that front. It literally makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CactusGinkgo

Hi !

I'm a french dude in Dublin for my job, going to work here for a long while I think.
    I played a lot of MTG 4-5 years ago, and as I played the Online game a bit recently I really want to play the card game again.

I'll come to the shop indicated by Pyjamarama, but is it opened on Sundays ?
    Else if you're still interested Vsantos we could meet around to play some games. I live in the center, closed to Stephen's Green, and you ?

Seeya !

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Quinzy

There's a new shop opening in St Stephen's Green soon that will be doing MTG as well I think.

There's a Facebook page called This Is Irish Magic that you could check out. 800 or so members, so you'll find some groups to play with I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

It's open every day Catcus.

Late night Tuesday to Friday.

This Facebook link should be able to assist you with any other questions.
    https://www.facebook.com/gamersworld.dublin?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 JackGM

Pyjamarama has the right of it. Gamers World are the only ones I know that do scheduled games.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Quinzy

Just got some more information- the new shop in Stephen's Green will be called Hidden Treasure, and it's a comicbook shop that also does boardgames and cardgames. They already have a shop in Maynooth and do FNM there. The shop in the Green will be open in a few days/weeks and it's right next to Asha upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Odorin

There are actually several shops in Dublin. You have Gamer's World in the city centre doing scheduled events, Sub City also in town doing FNM, Maynooth just out of Dublin has a shop, and there's also a popular shop to the south of the city in Dun Laoghaire called The Warchest. Wherever you go, there'll be people there to play games with. :)

Advertisement