Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can I volunteer?

• 17-07-2014 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

I want to volunteer abroad in Africa for example. Is it always a costly affair?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

WhiteWalls wrote: »

Nope. Can be cheap if you're skilled and willing to go for 1/2 years. Unskilled and much shorter times are often called voluntourism, and organisations rarely need unskilled people for a short time, so they ask you to fundraise for them to give you the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 krystyna

Hi I would like to get some volunteer job to get experience and improve language, I have experience in personal care assistant in Europe, but now I would like to get job in Ireland. Anyone has any info? I can do personal assistant, just my language is basic, can be disabled or ederly person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jayocam

Hi there

Nurture Africa is an Irish founded Internationally registered Non-Governmental Organisation that works in Uganda with a targeted focus upon Healthcare, Education, Child Protection & Gender Equality and Economic Empowerment through business training and micro-finance projects. We are a non-denominational and non-political organisation.

We facilitate structured & tailored short term overseas volunteer placements for Third Level Students & Professionals who are willing to offer their invaluable time, skills and energy in order to assist our work.

Typically we have executives, students, nurses and teachers, but all are welcome to volunteer

We are now recruiting for our Summer 2015 placement. You will be required to raise a small amount towards your trip. (and fund your flight). Its an incredible life experience.

For more details please see here have a on the Nurture Africa website (i cant post a link)

I hope this helps

Thanks

Jason
    WhiteWalls wrote: »

Advertisement