Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

greenwell hulk

Options
  • 10-05-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

I have being following this dog through the gain 600 and he is gonna be a huge contender for the derby.
    a massive dog at 87 pound and is only starting to fit his frame I wish him the best of luck. he's in good hand with james melia
    At the moment we don't have a super star running but I reckon this dog could be the next college causeway!!
    get him in the ante post folks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

he's 50/1 with powers at the moment to win the derby. I just had a few quid on at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I have also backed this one for the Derby and did so before I saw this thread. Looks like a lovely dog and although there's a long way to go until the derby the 50/1 does seem like value for a dog that starts, stays and runs Shelbourne well.

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    I have also backed this one for the Derby and did so before I saw this thread. Looks like a lovely dog and although there's a long way to go until the derby the 50/1 does seem like value for a dog that starts, stays and runs Shelbourne well.

Exactly. He is improving all the time and hopefully come August he is gonna be in this prime.
    So far this year I haven't seen anything in his class yet fom any of the big trainers.
    sugar ray days are numbered now he wont stick 6 rounds of the derby.

Greenwell Hulk's price of 50/1 is on the front page of the Sporting Press. It's the main headline.

I see greenwell hulk runs in the cox cup in newbridge on friday night.
    I dont know about that move. The short run to the first bend wont suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

I see greenwell hulk runs in the cox cup in newbridge on friday night.
    I dont know about that move. The short run to the first bend wont suit

Definitely a value bet for the derby. Surprised about the cox cup entry though?

Was also amazed to see sugar ray over 6 bends last night thought ran well

Brgds
    Johnny

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Definitely a value bet for the derby. Surprised about the cox cup entry though?

Was also amazed to see sugar ray over 6 bends last night thought ran well

Brgds
    Johnny

I just hope he comes out sound. A big dog like that as always more likely to pick up an injury I would say.

disaster in newbridge tonight, the hulk was leading all the way around but has finished 5th by a distance. reports are not looking good for him.

just looked at the race from last night and the hulk was 5 or 6 lengths ahead coming off the last bend and he just stopped. it looks like he lost sight of the hare. bizarre for such.
    but looking at the other races he's probably better off not in newbridge as many a dog got knocked over at the first bend last night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Greenwell Hulk distracted by a dog who turned back after falling

in england this would have been a void race or when the dog ran back up the track should the hare have been stopped then?

• Advertisement

Nowso wrote: »
    Greenwell Hulk distracted by a dog who turned back after falling

in england this would have been a void race or when the dog ran back up the track should the hare have been stopped then?

I am unsure, it's a long time since I have seen the hare being stopped in Ireland, it happens a lot more frequently in England, I am not sure exactly what needs to happen for it to be stopped over here but it seems like absolute carnage is required.

I don't know if anyone saw him run on Saturday night but he was pretty impressive. Handed out a hammering to Vanrooney and Sugar Ray and broke the track record at the distance as well. The 50/1 has been all hoovered up now, best price 33/1. Let's just hope he makes it to the Derby injury free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

25-1 now on PP

the hulk is after getting in as a reserve at shelbourne tonight in the 12th race trap 2 over the distance of 550 yards.

it should be interesting to see in how he runs this distance if he is gonna be a real contender for the derby. will there be another track record broken???

Up the hulk wins in 2967

I love how he ran as well. He seems to be able to avoid trouble very well. I am very happy with my bet at 50/1. I am tempted to jump in again at 33/1 but I am not going to be greedy. He looks exceptional though.

He did run an absolute stormer of a race he broke out last and minded himself and then took off going past the 750 box.
    I havent seen a dog like him since adfert mick. He won the cox cup champion stakes and derby all the one year and also nearly won the Scottish derby only to have a injury that finished his racing.
    This dog has serious pace he is constantly fast every night he runs. I only hope he stay sound for all the connections.
    Gerry melia always had good dogs over the years but this one is the one we all dream about.
    25/1 now with pp.

He's 25-1 now

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    I love how he ran as well. He seems to be able to avoid trouble very well. I am very happy with my bet at 50/1. I am tempted to jump in again at 33/1 but I am not going to be greedy. He looks exceptional though.

Where is he 33/1. I'll wouldn't mind having a score on at that price

Where is he 33/1. I'll wouldn't mind having a score on at that price

http://www.oddschecker.com/greyhounds/ante-post/irish-greyhound-derby/winner

Bet 365 and others.

• Advertisement

the hulk is running tonight in the derby trial stake at shelboure.
    looks to be a handy enough race for him wouldn't expect anything else bar a win tonight

greenwell hulk gets his ticket to the derby. wins tonight in 29.59 by 4.5 lengths. broke well enough and kinda slid into the first bend but then started to take off.

greenwell hulk gets his ticket to the derby. wins tonight in 29.59 by 4.5 lengths. broke well enough and kinda slid into the first bend but then started to take off.

Nice run alright, would have liked to see him being quicker away but there's no doubting that he runs on really well. It is so hard to see him being out of the first 3 in any race at present. 25/1 is the best price now.

The Hulk runs on Saturday night at Shelbourne. It's a very decent race but I think he's well worth a bet. I might head up to watch the race if I can.

nice race for him it be interesting how he runs from trap 3.
    I see he done 28.14 for a 525 last week before racing. he's a dog that needs to be racing week in week out and that will suit come derby time.

I see the hulk is gone fav with paddy power at 12/1.. well done whoever got him at 50s..

Result for the Shelbourne race:

3rd Trap 3: Greenwell Hulk 4/5

GoodBridge wrote: »
    Result for the Shelbourne race:

3rd Trap 3: Greenwell Hulk 4/5

Heard he did a toe. Anyone else hear that?

Jesus I hope not. Time will be against him to be fit for the derby if that's the case.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's looking dodgy now, no surgery apparently but experience tells us that it's not looking good for him now.

Advertisement