Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Thunderdome

• 02-02-2014 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭

Degsy, CreepingDeath, Sergeant, CaptainDarling, Pighead, Bronte, Slidey, Flutterinbantum, Fulton Crown.

They'd something special going in the Dome at one time. I was only ever an observer but I used to laugh my ass off at their interactions, especially the Degsy, CreepingDeath feud.

Boards Hall of Fame material surely.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I concur. I used to get great craic giving them stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Am I African American in origin or something?

*sheds a solitary tear for my Band of Brothers*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

keelanj69 wrote: »
    Am I African American in origin or something?

*sheds a solitary tear for my Band of Brothers*

The in fighting you witnessed, began many many years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Itzy wrote: »
    The in fighting you witnessed, began many many years ago.

I have the Thunderdome itch, Itzy. Its all come flooding back.

Great days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Degsy, CreepingDeath, Sergeant, CaptainDarling, Pighead, Bronte, Slidey, Flutterinbantum, Fulton Crown.

They'd something special going in the Dome at one time. I was only ever an observer but I used to laugh my ass off at their interactions, especially the Degsy, CreepingDeath feud.

Boards Hall of Fame material surely.

Thanks ;)

That brings back memories... I haven't looked into the dome in a few years now. Now I regret not writing a web spider to copy the entire post(s) of the insult threads over the years.

I left it (voluntarily) I might add, a while back due to increased network security policies at work and issues with the mods letting posters quote the street where the company I previously worked in, was located.

I crossed the line as did other people, in a retaliatory war over time.
    If the mods had been more strict over letting people leak personal info, it may not have escalated, but you get what you pay for !

It was funny as hell at the best of times and we all knocked seven shades of shite out of each other. Near the end of it, we all knew our real life identities, a few of us had met up a couple of times.

I didn't join the new private forum thunderdome, so I was shocked (well somewhat) to read only a few days ago that it closed down completely.
    I thought it was only Degsy and I who were the bitter ones who took it too far in the past.

But good times, sometimes savage looking to the outside observer, but really it was like a consensual trolling fight club.

A bit too many hidden real life links between posters at times though.

regards,
    CD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I'm honoured to be the last ever poster in the Thunderdome. Sort of a fitting end really.

Advertisement