Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Sligo - New Students Thread

• 22-08-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

This thread is for New IT Sligo students to post any questions they have to each other about accommodation, courses , etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Moved to IT Sligo forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 blahblahblabla

When is everybody moving down? And where is everyone living?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Daniel L

gateway opens 1st september ill be moving in 2nd so i dno bout everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

I heard Letterkenny and Galway advertising accom for students on the radio, nothing for Sligo. Heard Maynooth is packed to the rafters and people still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chuckin

A quick question - I'll be living on the Clarion Road and I want to be getting to the School of Engineering and Design (walking) in the mornings and I was wondering is there any short-cuts without either walking the full length around the campus or through the drive-way to the other buildings at the corner of Clarion Road and Manorhamilton Road? I see there's an access road on the Clarion Road to an IT canteen but i don't know if there's a way to cut through there and into the main cark-park/whatever from the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Chuckin wrote: »
    A quick question - I'll be living on the Clarion Road and I want to be getting to the School of Engineering and Design (walking) in the mornings and I was wondering is there any short-cuts without either walking the full length around the campus or through the drive-way to the other buildings at the corner of Clarion Road and Manorhamilton Road? I see there's an access road on the Clarion Road to an IT canteen but i don't know if there's a way to cut through there and into the main cark-park/whatever from the back.

There are a couple of ways.
    1 cross at the zebra crossing and head into the college there in the D block and work your way round or you can come on to the main concourse if you do not go into the building but pass between the Porto cabin and the main building. And keep left following the fence.

2 enter at the apprentice block which is further down the clarion road. Enter at the road that is blocked by gates. Handier for M And F blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

Is freshers week the week of registration or the first week of classes? i doubt i will be moving down til the 11th :( .. hopefully i'll get things sorted before that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SweetShyGirl

well last year... fresher's week wasn't actually until October! don't know about this year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Daniel L

what is freshers week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Daniel L wrote: »
    what is freshers week?

It's a week of events in and around the college, live entertainment etc.
    Also, the bars in town have offers on as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gipo3

When is 1st year registration?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

Gipo3 wrote: »
    When is 1st year registration?

I registered online. There should be login details with your welcome pack that came in the post. induction starts tommorrow 9am but you can probably register then as well I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

Is there anything on in the college on friday?
    or are we all not back in until wednesday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

Is there anything on in the college on friday?
    or are we all not back in until wednesday ?

I didn't even bother going in on Thursday. Tommorrow is when my course starts properly anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Thought that I should mention that the timetable will probably change a few times in the first few weeks. It's been the case for the last 2 years so watch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Well all. I'm just wondering could anyone fill me in on why the fisheries management course by Frances Lucy is not being run this year? Is it due to lack of demand or has it just been suspended....?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 j21egan

hey has anyone started creative design and innovation course if so what is it like so far. Hoping to start monday I was a late applicant and waiting on sligo to post all of the details. Can't understand why it takes so long to post stuff out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 s00150104

Hi everyone i'm just come from France and I would like to know what it of beautiful there has to see or has to visit near Sligo.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 s00123386

Theres a lot of lovely places..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 s00120749

:):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

As the previous posts put it so shortly - there are some beautiful places. Quite a bit depends on if you have a car or access to one. Knocknarea, Dooney Rock, Hazlewood, Rose boat on Lough Gill, Streedagh, Strandhill, Rosses Point, surfing SUPing flying lesson paintball art gallery gigs etc, etc. Perhaps best to join an IT society like Stones and Bones - they can give you lifts to places on arranged visits.
    Welcome and the best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

you should consider joining some of the clubs and societies as many have activities that will bring you to some of these places.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Yabazza

Bumpity bump hey there

Just wondering if there's anyone looking for a mature student to share with? 40, non-smoker, easy-going but I don't want to live in a party gaff.

Also, are there any trad sessions in town at the weekends?

Cheers.

Advertisement