Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WildStar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Along with ESO this is definitely 1 to watch this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Along with ESO this is definitely 1 to watch this year.

ESO?

Looks interesting,Is it out this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

ESO?

Looks interesting,Is it out this year?

ESO: Elder Scrolls Online http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

Both due this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Interesting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ESO: Elder Scrolls Online http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

Both due this year.

Should have known that,thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Looks interesting so might as well sign up for a chance in the next beta.

Also, TotalBiscuit put a pretty lengthy preview out yesterday on this which is worth a watch.

Just watching the preview, One thing I seen that I think is really interesting... The way loot appears!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Skiddies

Really looking forward to this game.

It seems that there will be a stress test this weekend with an additional 15000 invites being sent out over the coming days so anyone who has already registered for the beta keep an eye on your email inbox.

Edit: Seems all the invites were sent out... :(

5000 more stress test keys being sent out over the next few hours.

There is still hope for us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

No joy here anyway. Mad to get my hands on a key and see if its as good as I hope it is!!

30000 more stress test keys going out!

These keys will only allow access to specific stress test dates rather than the current beta program but should be updated to full beta keys once CBT5 starts.

fun facts:
    Estimated 570,000 beta applications
    1 person made 4000 beta applications

30000 more stress test keys going out!

These keys will only allow access to specific stress test dates rather than the current beta program but should be updated to full beta keys once CBT5 starts.

fun facts:
    Estimated 570,000 beta applications
    1 person made 4000 beta applications

It might seem crazy but beta accounts are selling for €300+ so he probably made some good money from it and got access himself which would be well worth the time invested. Yep he's an arsehole!! :p

Business model reveal and the release date has been pushed back to spring 2014:(

http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/news/the_business_model_of_wildstar.php

Business model reveal and the release date has been pushed back to spring 2014:(

http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/news/the_business_model_of_wildstar.php

This is bad news indeed. :(

Have been so bored lately I went back to WoW after 6 years away. I have to admit I'm enjoying it a lot right now as it's basically like a new game as everything has changed dramatically but it's just to tide me over until Wildstar so was hoping for a 2013 release!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Big Knox wrote: »
    This is bad news indeed. :(

Have been so bored lately I went back to WoW after 6 years away. I have to admit I'm enjoying it a lot right now as it's basically like a new game as everything has changed dramatically but it's just to tide me over until Wildstar so was hoping for a 2013 release!

Good news is that its not a F2P or B2P! Im so glad they went with the sub model. I will gladly drop 14 Euro a month on a game that i enjoy that gives me access to 100% of the content right off the bat. Im so hype for this game i can't put it into words.

Have any of you seen how they are handling CC? Check it out

After the last few months being void of any big reveals it seems the flood gates are being opened(soon)!

Here is the link to all the goodness

Sorry for double posting but can not edit the above!

Carbine is sending out surveys to anyone who has applied to the beta, Some have already been sent and they will be sending out more over the coming few days/weeks. Filling out the survey will greatly increase your chances of getting into the Wildstar beta in December so don't forget to do it =)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Been researching this game for the last hour. Very interesting to say the least.

Anybody know what they mean when they say ''you can claim land''? Is this claiming land for your faction? Or is this your own personal land that you can build on?

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Been researching this game for the last hour. Very interesting to say the least.

Anybody know what they mean when they say ''you can claim land''? Is this claiming land for your faction? Or is this your own personal land that you can build on?

There will be two methods of "claiming land".

One will be personal housing:

The second method will be warplots.

http://wildstar.gamepedia.com/Warplots

Neither of these methods will claim an area of the world but rather they will be instanced and reached by some form of teleportation however there has been some dev discussion relating to personal housing neighbourhoods which would allow you to see other peoples houses from your personal plot.

I would recommend watching all the dev speaks such as the one I just linked, They are really informative and also entertaining:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

There will be two methods of "claiming land".

One will be personal housing:

The second method will be warplots.

http://wildstar.gamepedia.com/Warplots

Neither of these methods will claim an area of the world but rather they will be instanced and reached by some form of teleportation however there has been some dev discussion relating to personal housing neighbourhoods which would allow you to see other peoples houses from your personal plot.

I would recommend watching all the dev speaks such as the one I just linked, They are really informative and also entertaining:D

Nice! I'm watching the youtube videos now. This game has a ton of new concepts that are starting to get me hyped for this. Only thing is nobody i know has even heard about this game yet! Hope they do some serious marketing before spring.

On a side note, dominion is going to have about 90% of all players me thinks. The dominion are portrayed as being way too uber!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Tiz looking appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Man this looks good, looks like the game i've been waiting to sink my teeth into since i gave up WoW 3 years ago

New Devspeak out today!

This marks the start of the boatload of information releases that are planned leading up to the winter beta with the final 2 class reveals at week 5 and 6:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I love the whole look of the game, so i signed up for beta. I love the personal home set up looks exactly like what i have always wanted.

http://www.twitch.tv/wildstar

Wildstar official livestream starts at 8pm for those that are interested.

Good news!

First round of beta invites have gone out to previous testers and some lucky individuals that have completed the survey. The emails have apparently been sent from a new address so check your spam folders just to be sure:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Good news!

First round of beta invites have gone out to previous testers and some lucky individuals that have completed the survey. The emails have apparently been sent from a new address so check your spam folders just to be sure:)
    Nope not me :( just the usual locals wanting to have sex with me

Week 2:

There is also reports of the beta going live much sooner than expected(Such as tomorrow!) however if you are like me and have not gotten a beta invite yet then this may not be so good.

Edit: Seems it has started... Hope whoever got in is having fun! I'll just sit here and hope they send out a few hundred thousand beta invites to ensure I get a place:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭superMarco

Btw, some people who got their beta key can also invite 2 friends to play to the beta..

And I don't know who actually received some, I was wondering if someone could maybe give me one key to play this beta ? :D

That could be definitely awesome !! <3

Thanks you very much ^^

Advertisement