Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin (blanchardstown) -> Cavan by bus

• 07-11-2007 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have to get to cavan this friday, i'm wondering can i get onto the dublin->cavan bus at any of the red bus eireann stops? Can i buy a ticked on board or can i book online?

Its just that i live fairly close to the stop at the blanchardstown round about on the N3, so it would be handy if i could get on there ( save the trip in and out of the city center...

I tried emailing bus eireann, but the web site doesn't even alow you add a "?" mark or punctuation into your request!!! so i'm not holding out much hope of a reply!

Thanks,
    DD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭vandermeyde

I think the Cavan buses go via Ashboure/Slane.

There's a bus that goes from the Blanchardstown Centre to Ashbourne so you could get that and hook up with the Cavan bus.

Don't know the timings mind so not sure as to how realistic it is to co-ordinate the two.

Actually...had a look there, and it goes via Dunshaughlin! my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Cavan BE buses go via the N3 to Navan, Kells etc.

You should be able to buy as you enter, remembering if the bus is full you may have to wait for following bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭armada104

Yeah, the Cavan bus stops just past the Blanch roundabout, but some of them will be full on a Friday afternoon, so you could be waiting a while. Bus Éireann generally put on extra buses when it's busy so keep your eyes peeled for a bus with an "on hire to bus éireann" sign, so you can thumb it before it flies past you. No problem to buy a ticket on board, it will be only slightly cheaper than the fare from Busaras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Just make sure the bus stop says "pick up point" on it or else the bus won't usually stop. Happened to me a few times with the ashbourne - dublin bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info!

i normally drive up, but the other 1/2 is picking up a car at the weekend, so i said i'd get the bus up and drive back down with her...

Thanks again,
    DD

Advertisement