Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Archos 101 G9 system UI error

• 03-09-2012 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, im crap at all this but I have an Archos 101 69 tablet that I use to read books and comics etc. recently its been coming up with "unfortunately, System UI has stopped" I can bypass it but the system options dont come up so I cant exit anything that I open without rebooting the system.

any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Also, I have done all the system restore options a million times. but no use.

No idea?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Does it come up only in one application or in several? Have you installed any apps just prior to it starting?

happens the second it turns on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You don't need to exit apps anyway so what is this problem stopping you from doing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'd try flashing the default ROM if I were you.

There seems to be an official ICS ROM for it (and an unofficial Jelly Bean if you're feeling adventurous)

Try here for download/instructions:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1468925

If none of that makes sense, there is a step by step guide here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1653566

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

It sounds like something is corrupt. I got the same error on my HTC Desire some time ago but that was because I was installing custom ROMs and restored some system data from a different ROM. it basically corrupted something in the system folder.

backup what you can from it and do a factory reset would be your best bet. If you can root it and install a custom ROM you can do that either. Either way your going to have to wipe everything from it.

Advertisement