Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Nations TV Coverage Poll

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

JustinDee wrote: »
    A gent who not only commentates fairly and with knowledge but actually does some research into how to pronounce a player's name.

He gets Donnacha right, kudos for that.

He also habitually adopts a French accent when name-checking French players. That's wholly unnecessary, primarily because he's Welsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

Having a quiet night in. Struggling to find anything to listen to on the wireless. When I noticed BBC 5 live had a Rugby programme on.
    It was looking back on last weekends games.
    The breakdown on the time taken talking about teams was
    England 25 mins
    Scotland 9mins
    Wales 1 min
    Ireland less than 1min
    Danny Ciprani 2 mins
    BBC in name only

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

France 2 HD for me now that I'm in Switzerland but in Ireland I preferred to watch RTE2 as I cannot stand the engerlish...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭HappyBalance

Why isn't Michael Corcoran moved to TV??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

OldRio wrote: »
    Having a quiet night in. Struggling to find anything to listen to on the wireless. When I noticed BBC 5 live had a Rugby programme on.
    It was looking back on last weekends games.
    The breakdown on the time taken talking about teams was
    England 25 mins
    Scotland 9mins
    Wales 1 min
    Ireland less than 1min
    Danny Ciprani 2 mins
    BBC in name only

Scotland got the best deal out of that. 1/10 of the population of England, and over 1/3 of the airtime. And, sure, what is there to say about Wales that hasn't been said already. And Danny Cipriani was talked about as the example of not to hype up a player like Farrell has been.....not because he is in fact a country!!

And last time I looked it wasn't B&IBC

And Steffano2002.....I'd say the feeling is probably mutual! (but just realised you were probably being ironic or something.....or maybe not!) Go Engerland....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

Steve,........Best read the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

All non Ireland games on BBC

For Ireland games i watch the build up on BBC, the commentary on RTE (only if its Ryle Nugent. Yes, i like Ryle Nugent). If Ireland are playing well i watch H/T, F/T on BBC, if they play poorly i watch on RTE. If Ireland lose similarly to the Wales game, i would watch on BBC.

Basically it depends on what mood im in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

steve9859 wrote: »
    And Steffano2002.....I'd say the feeling is probably mutual! (but just realised you were probably being ironic or something.....or maybe not!) Go Engerland....
    I'm not being ironic. I can't stand the english as a whole! I'm French, what do you expect? You hate us. We hate you. It's been going on for centuries! At this stage it's probably coded in our DNA... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

I'm not being ironic. I can't stand the english as a whole! I'm French, what do you expect? You hate us. We hate you. It's been going on for centuries! At this stage it's probably coded in our DNA... :D

nah, I don't really hate any particular nation tbh

Advertisement