Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society - CAPTAINS DAY 20th September 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Looks like I won't be able to Mount Juliet. :-(
    Charlie, I tried to amend status on Teamer but it's an upgraded app which I can't seem to be able to change my status.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

shane 007 wrote: »

Juliet will be disappointed you're not Mounting her I'm sure....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Lol. I must read my text before clicking the post button!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

shane 007 wrote: »
    Charlie, I tried to amend status on Teamer but it's an upgraded app which I can't seem to be able to change my status.

Thats a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bobster453

Hi all
    Whats the name of the app we use and is it on playstore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

bobster453 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Whats the name of the app we use and is it on playstore?

teamer, and yes

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.teamer.android

Doing a head count here again - all 14 that voted above definitely staying? Can everyone who is staying PM me and I'll start making a list? (Should have made the poll public!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Was just reminded that it's my little girls 6th birthday party on the Sunday morning, 28 kids coming do can't get out of helping out.

So won't be able to stay over but will stay as long as I can on the night a drive home late.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

I'm definitely interested in staying but depends how much, can get b&b's in Kilkenny town for 35 quid, any idea on the price of the hotel per person?

dar_cool wrote: »
    I'm definitely interested in staying but depends how much, can get b&b's in Kilkenny town for 35 quid, any idea on the price of the hotel per person?

Hey Dar,
    When we checked everywhere is booked up that weekend but if want to have a look at alternative accommodation fire ahead. The more thats there the merrier.

The place we're staying is €60 for the night

• Advertisement

Hi all
    I will be there late but not staying over..working sunday

Right lads, we have 22 confirmed with one or two to let me know for next weekend. That leaves 5 /6 slots available if anyone wants to play. There's also a few spots left in the hotel if you want to stay for beers after as well.

Benny Cake and PHKK expressed an interest in playing so they get first refusal, after that its first come - first served!! The green fee for the day is €60 (best rate we could get) for non-members and €50 for members. We have the tee from 12:20pm so loads of time to get there.

Looking forward to the last event of the year.

Edit - 6 slots available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Guys, this years GOY the year's prize is Golf for 2 with buggies, dinner & BB at The Heritage in Killinard.

Hope you all aggree its another nice prize and thanks to Nial Carroll the GM at The Heritage.

See you all next week.

J

Thanks very much J, appreciate it. We'd be lost without your generosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Really looking forward to this outing. Just wondered if those going would do me a favour if possible and bring a scorecard from their home clubs preferably not folded. Sorry for the slight hijack and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this outing. Just wondered if those going would do me a favour if possible and bring a scorecard from their home clubs preferably not folded. Sorry for the slight hijack and thanks.

I'll bring one along from Grange Castle buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,713 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

About what time you want us there Charlie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,713 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I'm intrigued - I'll bring one from mine - a links - a rare breed in Boards golf soc .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I suppose if everyone is there by 12, we can set the order of the groups ? :)

As early as possible to get the groups organised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

bring a scorecard from their home clubs preferably not folded

still no home club just yet :(

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Right lads, we have 22 confirmed with one or two to let me know for next weekend. That leaves 5 /6 slots available if anyone wants to play. There's also a few spots left in the hotel if you want to stay for beers after as well.

Benny Cake and PHKK expressed an interest in playing so they get first refusal, after that its first come - first served!! The green fee for the day is €60 (best rate we could get) for non-members and €50 for members. We have the tee from 12:20pm so loads of time to get there.

Looking forward to the last event of the year.

Edit - 6 slots available

Last call lads, we have 21 confirmed now as a few had to pull out due to personal circumstances. I want to let the club know at the very latest tomorrow how many we have going. If you want to go please let me know here or via pm or I'll be handing slots back to the club.

I will b there..no fear

Confirmed so far are:
    1. charlieirl
    2. holeinone
    3. ballyk
    4. dar_cool
    5. roadrunner
    6. paulos53
    7. spacecoyote
    8. stevieob
    9. tigerwood1
    10. fixdepitchmark
    11. scrubber72
    12. 3putt
    13. macker1
    14. the big easy
    15. rollotamasi
    16. bobster453
    17. ben1977
    18. Rikand
    19. Golfgraffix
    20. scubapro
    21. denisoc
    22. Benny Cake

22 Confirmed - if we drop below this we have to still have to pay for 22 unfortunately, normally we have to pay for what's booked but they are letting us away this time.

I was just talking to the pro in MJ there now and he said the course has never been in as good condition and they have postponed the hollow coring & thinning due to the good weather. Hopefully the weather will stay kind to us and all will enjoy the last outing of the year.

Looking forward to it.

For Captains Day, ff we want to go out in groups as per GOTY positions, then we go out in the followin in reverse order:

GROUP 5
    • phkk
    • dar_cool
    • denisoc
    • rollotamasi

GROUP 4
    • the big easy
    • scubapro
    • bobster453
    • roadrunner

GROUP 3
    • ballyk
    • Rikand
    • holeinone
    • Golfgraffix

GROUP 2
    • stevieob
    • fixdepitchmark
    • scrubber72
    • paulos53

BIG GUNS!!
    • spacecoyote
    • 3putt
    • tigerwood1
    • macker1

PADDY LASTS!!
    • charlieirl
    • ben1977
    • Benny Cake

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

good work Charlie... see we are up to 23 now :)

getting close now, am really looking forward to the weekend

stevieob wrote: »
    good work Charlie... see we are up to 23 now :)

getting close now, am really looking forward to the weekend

Yupp, good numbers alright. If we had one more then it would even out all the groups as we have to go out in 4 balls.

First Tee time is 12:20 so can everyone be there at least 30 minutes before we go out?

I'll be on the 18 hole putting green for a while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Would it be an idea to put a 3ball out first instead of last Charlie? Could be slow for them behind groups of 4balls. You could still have them in order of GOTY of course...............just a thought

denisoc16 wrote: »
    Would it be an idea to put a 3ball out first instead of last Charlie? Could be slow for them behind groups of 4balls. You could still have them in order of GOTY of course...............just a thought

can do, but i was leaving the last group as a 3 ball as ben1977 will be one of the last there and I'll be tidying up in the pro shop as well so we might be a little later going out.
    I don't mind either way. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Can't wait!

@the big easy @scubapro @bobster453 << just wondering if any of our group has played MJ before?

Advertisement