Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

best 1 din stereo with touch screen

Options
  • 09-02-2014 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Ladies and gents

I'm looking for a good value 1 din touchscreen head unit (must have an aux in for a rear parking camera)

i've got a ripspeed halfords special which is awful so i want to replace it

I cant fit a 2 din as much as i've tried does anyone have any recommendations ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do you mean one that flips out?

What car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭hairypigeon

84 defender it only has 1-din slot

you can fit a 2 din if yo use a mud console but its made of poor quality plastic the only decent option is a 1 din

Flip out ones generally suck. Especially on a defender where there's vibrations and bumpiness.

Is there no way you can get a double din in, even by relocating switches or whatever?

Will you stick up a pic of the dash as-is now?

Do you just need this for the camera?

I got a single din from ebay years ago with a smaller screen, worked well for what it was

4_Inch_Touch_Screen_Single_Din_Car_DVD_Player_4003_with_GPS_Navigation-Bluetooth-AM_FM_MPX_Stereo_Receiver_3302251_b.jpg

this is what looks like

we''re in the process off refurbing the car so its less agricultural and doesnt vibrate ass much

• Advertisement

This one is a custom job

38.jpg

Is the screen just for the camera?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    This one is a custom job

38.jpg

Is the screen just for the camera?

Screen is pretty much just for the camera but the PIC above is the mud console is was talking about its made of cheap abs plastic apparently so the raptor console is a better call abeit only 1din

Have you seen these?

2508208-front-large.jpg

Advertisement