Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Dossy wrote: »
    36pts off 23 , scratched 2 holes aswell :mad:

On the other hand i was playing with my club handicap sec and he was joking during the round saying and your off 23 we'll see about that,

After the round he came over to me and said that he was going to cut me to 18 or 19,

I dunno should i be happy or pissed off in the sense that i did want to get cut to 18 by the end of the year but wanted to progress through Comps, now just feels like i was half robbed

Confused.com :(

Think he was having you on Dossy, doubt it very much he can cut you on observation over one round

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

He's only winding you up Dossy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He's only winding you up Dossy.

I'm fairly sure Dossy doesn't have an official HC yet.

Seem to recall he has given himself the 23!?

Gross 74 (+3)
    11 pars
    2 birdies
    5 bogey's

Short game excellent today only 25 putts required, a few good putts made but thankfully a good day with the wedge left me with a lot of tap in's.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

I have an official handicap of 22.8 at the moment, i got my handicap in April 2013 and it was 24.1
    Prob would have had around 30-32pts off 18

• Advertisement

mafc wrote: »
    Think he was having you on Dossy, doubt it very much he can cut you on observation over one round

I also handed in an away score with winter rules for 42pts in the Castle Course in Lahinch early December

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I have an official handicap of 22.8 at the moment, i got my handicap in April 2013 and it was 24.1
    Prob would have had around 30-32pts off 18

Sorry thought you were waiting on an official one. You seem to give your scores off both 23 & 18 sometimes?

If you had 36 off 23 then 31 is the minimum you had off 18.

The 42 would have been a minimum 37 off 18, time to adjust your goals :)

PARlance wrote: »
    Sorry thought you were waiting on an official one. You seem to give your scores off both 23 & 18 sometimes?

If you had 36 off 23 then 31 is the minimum you had off 18.

The 42 would have been a minimum 37 off 18, time to adjust your goals :)

Ya im starting to think that but its winter rules at the moment and forward tee's,

Its just now im thinking i wont really see if im inproving now through comps getting cut,

I put up my score off both 23 and 18 because 23 is my official HC and 18 is my Goal HC

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

Playing of 18.0 and today I played in a 14 hole stableford competition and scored 25 points
    For the 14 holes which I was delighted with as it's the first non team event comp since I made the change from kack handed to normal grip last year . Plenty to improve on but I'm delighted with the start .
    3 pars
    6 bogeys
    4 double bogeys
    1 scratch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Played ten hole comp twice 2over each time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

2nd round today in over 3months-not a lot of time with new arrival last July. Mother and baby gone visiting this weekend so was looking forward to two rounds but alas, weather ruined those plans. Was delighted to finally get out today round lunchtime- we only had one shower for 5mins. 'twas a nice day for golf if a little windy. Fourball was the competition and was I brutal for first six holes! Partner was playing unreal stuff and I finally got on card on 7,8,9,10,11,12&13. We dove tailed nicely and finished with 46pts. Hopefully we'll get a podium finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

1 under gross on the Monty course in carton today. Bunkers out of play and placing everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Best ever 9 holes today, 23 points off 16. 3 over, 6 pars and 3 tap in bogies from inside a foot. I'm building on my late summer form when I went from 23 to 16 in space of 5 weeks....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Nice steady round today. 13 holes competition at Moate and I had 30pts off 15. Pars on 1,3,5,7,8,9,10 and 13 with a few near misses for birdies.

Very happy overall as I only had one ropey hole where I had a double bogey on the 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Out yesterday afternoon. Lovely weather bar a bit of wind at the end. Soggy in spots but greens were very good.

Off 18. Winter rules.
    1 Bird
    7 Pars
    6 Bogies
    3 Doubles
    1 Scratch

40pts. Short game was good. Hybrids were outstanding. Driving cost me all my big scores, bar going into the drink on a par three with a fat 6 iron for a double bogey. Finished with a par on 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I just checked my 'stats sheet' and found that I equalled my best ever front 9 score of 37 yesterday. +3 for nine holes isnt bad at all considering that I was +5 after the first hole the previous week :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

I just checked my 'stats sheet' and found that I equalled my best ever front 9 score of 37 yesterday. +3 for nine holes isnt bad at all considering that I was +5 after the first hole the previous week :eek:

Well Done

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

was -2 for 14 holes yesterday - 3 birdies, 1 bogey

and then the 15th happened :(

still 33 points for 15 holes and level par :)

12/15 GIR
    11/12 FIR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Had another good round yesterday. 40 points.

1 birdie
    8 pars
    7 bogies
    1 double
    1 scratch

Played really well. Putter was absolutely on fire (for the most part). Had 5 one putts in a row on the back 9 and nearly all of them were 12 feet plus!. However I did 3 putt three times, in all cases had a very long first and left it well short. Chipping was good as well and irons were really good. Driver was absolute muck though, not one good one all day.

Considering I put a ball in the lake on the 2nd and had an out of bounds on the 7th, it's something of a miracle that I scored so well!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Had another good round yesterday. 40 points.

1 birdie
    8 pars
    7 bogies
    1 double
    1 scratch

Played really well. Putter was absolutely on fire (for the most part). Had 5 one putts in a row on the back 9 and nearly all of them were 12 feet plus!. However I did 3 putt three times, in all cases had a very long first and left it well short. Chipping was good as well and irons were really good. Driver was absolute muck though, not one good one all day.

Considering I put a ball in the lake on the 2nd and had an out of bounds on the 7th, it's something of a miracle that I scored so well!

Only a sign you'll be at single figures very soon. Scored 40pts with 2 bad holes is great in anyone's books. Keep her light!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Only a sign you'll be at single figures very soon. Scored 40pts with 2 bad holes is great in anyone's books. Keep her light!!!

That's the dream alright... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

30 points in castleknock today, drove the ball very well, hit alot of fairways but anything under 100 yards i was blading and duffing, rustyness is showing!! hitting the new mp3 fli hi mizuno iron very well and the new 3 wood but not much to shout about, was just happy to get out as it was a lovely day with no rain at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,736 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

dar_cool wrote: »
    30 points in castleknock today, drove the ball very well, hit alot of fairways but anything under 100 yards i was blading and duffing, rustyness is showing!! hitting the new mp3 fli hi mizuno iron very well and the new 3 wood but not much to shout about, was just happy to get out as it was a lovely day with no rain at all!!

how was the place dar - water wise in Waterworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Was grand, ive always found it to be in great condition all year round, rough was a bit swampy but grand when compared to most places this time of year,few of the members are a bit worried theres a meeting on Thursday to discuss the future of the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Another average day with the usual drop penalties that are plaguing me lately.

Handed the card in as part of my HC so I can't remember the exact amount of triples,doubles or bogey's but there was a good few of each plus 2 Pars and a Birdie.

Best shot of the day was on the 18th. 60° over 60ft of water to pitch 6" from the pin a roll in for Par after a drop shot.

Gross 79 today +8
    10 pars
    8 bogey's
    Played really well & felt I should have scored better ...... a few putts and one chip hung in the jaws would definitely have helped.
    Great to get out as forecast for the next few days is not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Played yesterday and today.

Played 9 in claremorris yesterday, had 15 points for the front nine. Couple of one pointers. No playing on fairways tho was a bit if a bum.

Played castlebar today, course is in great condition, still winter rules but fairways were in play. Had 28pts for 13 holes. Was happy with how I'm playing, chipping and putting very well. Great day for it too, overcast but dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

26 for 14 off 18.

3 pars
    8 bogies
    2 doubles
    1 scratch

Drove like a clown. Putting not much better.

15 Holes in Shannon today,

31pts off 18

6 Pars
    5 Bogey
    3 DB
    1 scratch

The scratch was after a lovely 3w straight up the middle of the fairway and strong wind against me 130yds out, normally PW went up to 9i , over the back of the green to bogey area and 3 duff chips later putt on and another 2 putts - mare of a hole, shame

Other then that good enough scoring on a very windy day and didnt play well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭inthehole1

15 Holes in Shannon today,

31pts off 18

6 Pars
    5 Bogey
    3 DB

The scratch was after a lovely 3w straight up the middle of the fairway and strong wind against me 130yds out, normally PW went up to 9i , over the back of the green to bogey area and 3 duff chips later putt on and another 2 putts - mare of a hole, shame

Other then that good enough scoring on a very windy day and didnt play well

how is the course holding up after the weather we have had
    Thought it would of have been closed

Advertisement