Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's happening on campus?

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Dare I ask but is there karaoke on in the SU anytime soon? The flatmates want to do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 quaverlou

hey everyone the music society are having stars in their eyes on 22nd February if anyone is interested email music@nuimsu.com to enter! and go anyway even if you aren't entering last year was so funny :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Next week, the Mental Health Society are running Random Acts of Kindness Week!! There is going to be lots of fun events including massages, free tea and cupcakes, free hugs, and basically just trying to make the atmosphere around college as sparkly and positive as can be!

Here is a link to the Facebook event page. The finalised event timetable will be put up there over the weekend :) If anyone is interested in helping out, please email us at mhs@nuimsu.com, find us next week, or you can send me a PM either!

Tonight, FemSoc will be screening the documentary, Miss Representation. There will also be a panel discussion on the film afterwards with Ailbhe Smyth (feminist activist and author), Sinéad Kennedy (lecturer - NUIM English dept), Claire McGing (PhD student - NUIM Geography dept) and Emma Regan (Irish Feminist Network). Please do come along if you're around this evening!

More info on the Facebook event page :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

irish_goat wrote: »
    Dare I ask but is there karaoke on in the SU anytime soon? The flatmates want to do it...

I know it's an old post, but it doesn't surprise me one bit tbf :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

There's Kareoke in the chinese(Oriental?) restaurant on main street.
    Heard it on Tuesday night, someone was butchering a Living on a Prayer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

When I sing Like a Prayer at karaoke I do it in a fake opera voice to annoy people like you Noredeth. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

When I sing Like a Prayer at karaoke I do it in a fake opera voice to annoy people like you Noredeth. :P

Ohhh, ya, eh, sound. Ye divil!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 quaverlou

someone should organise one in the creative arts center!

Hey guys, the Mental Health Society will be holding our AGM this Tuesday (April 17th) at 6pm in Classhall C.

More info on the FB event page.

MHS is an amazing society, so make sure and come along if you want to get involved (or if you just want free pizza and wine ¬___¬). I seriously think I'm going to start crying at this :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I see the new Library is coming on, great to see the investment, however putting it where it is I believe is a mistake, should have been more inline with the JP2 Library parallel to the road, and removing the bridge will result is the hassle of crossing a busy road.
    Should have had a covered bridge across from it to the Science Building.
    Also to cycling through the south campus to the north should be permissible since going round by the shopping center to the North Campus is longer, awkward and more dangerous.
    And why not open an entrance beside logic house, and parsons street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

+1 for the entrance beside logic on parsons street . The amount of people I've seen nearly kill themselves trying to jump that wall I've lost count ! Also it's a pain in the ass when you want to get to logic the other side of the wall but have to walk an extra 8 mins to get there just because there's no proper entrance >:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Does anyone know it this club is still active? I posted about it here last year too, but got no response. I've not seen them about on any clubs/socs fair.

girlonfire wrote: »
    Does anyone know it this club is still active? I posted about it here last year too, but got no response. I've not seen them about on any clubs/socs fair.

They were at last years fairs day and are still active. Though not very mind you compared to other clubs/socs anyway!

They have about 3/4 lessons per year (all in very big groups so it's not really worthwhile tbh) and have the tetrathlon in Oct/Nov an inter-varsities in Feb along with agm and egm's at the start and end of year. But that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Thanks a million for that:-) It definitely wouldn't be worthwhile then. I'd rather stick to my own routine. Appreciate the reply!

No problem =) It defiantly wouldn't be, even if you were to do the lessons they're all the way down in Gaffneys in Kill so it's approx a 30 min drive each way and the lessons don't usually finish 'till 9/10ish so you'd be pretty late getting back tbh. It's a shame the club isn't more active though , it could have great potential and be a great club. :(

Advertisement