Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singer/songwriter in Galway area

• 02-02-2009 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sibh

Hi lads, I'm a songwriter and singer and have been scribbling away solo for a few years. I've decided to put the feelers out there to see if my songs/voice might be of interest to any bands out there. I'm 31 and based in the Galway area. I've just uploaded a couple of my songs on myspace www.myspace.com/sibhdonn ...as ye'll hear fairly quickly I'm no guitar player :o but hope ye might enjoy the songs anyway. Cheers folks!!

Comments

• Hey...just dropped you a pm there..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Those are a couple of nice tunes. I had them on as background music while I typed out this reply and they fitted nicely :). Also I wouldn't be too critical of your guitar-playing skills. If what you're playing fits the song then isn't that all that matters? We can't all be Jimi Hendrix!

Is that style of music what you are interested in playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sibh

Hi Lads,

Thanks for taking the time to write/listen...its not necessarily the kind of music I want to do Malice. I'm pretty much into everything, this just happens to be the kind of thing that comes out when I write as I'm a bit restricted as regards the kind of music I can play on guitar....I was hoping the search for a band/other musicians to maybe mix it up a bit...I love the likes of Snow Patrol, The Killers, Reindeer Section, Jimmy Eat World, pretty much everything and anything. I'd love to be able to experiment with more of a band sound than the easy listening stuff I'm doing myself at the moment....are you a musician yourself? Any tunes uploaded?? Would love to have a listen!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Sibh wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Thanks for taking the time to write/listen...its not necessarily the kind of music I want to do Malice. I'm pretty much into everything, this just happens to be the kind of thing that comes out when I write as I'm a bit restricted as regards the kind of music I can play on guitar....I was hoping the search for a band/other musicians to maybe mix it up a bit...I love the likes of Snow Patrol, The Killers, Reindeer Section, Jimmy Eat World, pretty much everything and anything. I'd love to be able to experiment with more of a band sound than the easy listening stuff I'm doing myself at the moment....are you a musician yourself? Any tunes uploaded?? Would love to have a listen!!:)
    Ok then, I've sent you a PM. :)

• yeah, two nice tracks..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sibh

Cheers for the feedback Dana Colossal Sextant, much appreciated :)

Advertisement