Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourself

• 22-11-2003 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This is now an introduce yourself thread -- the need to declare conflicts of interests is now gone!

Given the recent rows, I have concerns that some users of this board are abusing it to unfairly promote their own business or other interests.

Consequently, I would like all users, whether involved in the transport industry or not to declare their conflicts of interest.

This means if you work for or have a material interest in or membership of:
    • a transport service provider,
    • a transport infrastructure provider,
    • a council organisation involved in transport,
    • a state, semi-state or QUANGO organisation involved in transport,
    • a transport equipment (including vehicle sales) supplier,
    • a construction organisation involved in transport,
    • a road fitting supplier,
    • a transport consultant,
    • a public relations consultant,
    • a politician or political organisation (formal or informal),
    • a trade union, professional organisation or employer’s organisation or consultancy representing any of the above,
    • a campaigning or lobbying organisation and
    • any person or organisation unduly affected by the work of any of the above
    that you should declare so here and/or at any point where you reach a conflict of interest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Quantity Surveyor

Memberships:
    Dublin Cycling Campaign (former treasurer)
    Rail Users Ireland (Local Liaison Officer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭West Briton

Employment: Accountant in the private sector

Memberships:

Fine Gael (foot slogger and door knocker)
    The Irish Railway Record Society (aspiring to write a suitably learned paper for the Journal at some point)
    Light Railway Transit Association (read a nice magazine from them every month)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭P11 Comms

Platform11 - Ireland's National Rail Users and Development Lobby.

Hi folks, and anything info you need on rail transport issues in Ireland just ask. Cheers. Please feel free to visit our website www.platform11.org.

Thomas Sheridan
    Communications Officer - Platform11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bossman

Great to see someone praising our effeorts here in Dublin bus.I work in the maintenance dept. in Conyngham road.Have a look at Team conyngham road depot and you will get some info might be of use to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bossman

That should have been www.dublinbus.org then go to Team Conyngham Road Depot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I'm in CIE.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭P&L

I'm employed by the RPA, but am in no position to make any communications on their behalf, all my posts here are purely my own opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Employment:Aer Rianta part time administrator.

Currently a UCD arts student

Memberships:Labour/Labour youth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭MDR

Work in IT in the city ...
    Used to work for an IT & Transportation consultancy.
    Fine Gael supporter ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Now that i know its relevant,Im also a member of SIPTU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Employment: Signalling Engineer for a UK railway consultancy company
    (I am here purely to get some informed debate/opinions in a personal capacity) I may be moving back to Ireland in the future (if I can afford it).

Chartered Engineer and Member of the Institution of Electrical Engineers
    Member of the Institution of Railway Signal Engineers
    Member of the TSSA

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

Robert Fitzsimons, I'm an active member of Dublin Cycling Campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I cycle commute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Welfare officer 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 for the Union of Secondary Students.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I am a regular victim of CIE/Luas

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I was about to say keep it relevant. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Genghis

I work in financial services in a capacity that has nothing whatsoever to do with transport.

I am not a member of any transport or public policy related organisations.

However, I commute 40 miles by train each day, cycle through Dublin and use Dublin Bus maybe once a week. I am also a motorist, but not for commuting.

*takes a bow*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭daz42C

Occupation: Updating My Website, http://www.freewebs.com/daz42c/index.htm
    Other Than That I Am Completely Neutral. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

robfitz wrote:
    Robert Fitzsimons, I'm an active member of Dublin Cycling Campaign.

Along with other members of the Campaign, i've been attending the Dublin Transportation Office, Cycle Forum meetings.

I've also just been accepted to represent the Campaign on Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council's, Transportation Strategic Policy Committee http://www.dlrcoco.ie/cllrs/Transport.htm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

I'm the technical advisor for Platform11.

aka the guy who wrote the report

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I'm a member of Platform11, rail lobby group campaigning for better services to the general public. For more information please feel free to visit Platform11 , visit the forums at Hyperboards

Have a nice day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭SeanW

Well, I'm also a member of Platform 11, and a big believer in the Irish Rail Dublin Railway Plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Thomond Pk

I'm a regular visitor to the Platform 11 site, apart from guys constantly playing with crayons on maps they do run a good board. Their press releases are good not that it would be hard finding fault with the Irish Transport Investment record and resulting system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭PandaMania

Thomas Sheridan - PandaMania - P11 Rank and File member
    Location Sligo
    Occupation: Professional Artist/Illustrator and Part-Time Comedy Writer.
    Birthsign: Libra
    Favourite Bollywood Star: Monasisnfroguti Kahn. starring in the 1975 Blockbuster Musical "The Punjabi Connection" about a cop who infiltrates a Naan Smuggling ring.
    AGENDA: skanger and professional West of Ireland whinger hater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I work in the CIE Holding Company.

My opinions are my own but the computer & Internet connection belong to the company!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

I am not a member of any political party, not employed by any transport body or company, not a member of any transport lobby group (except in terms of posting to messageboards where "membership" is required).

I speak for myself, my opinion are my own. I support the concept of rail as the future of transport in Ireland. I support the reopening of the WRC from Ennis to Athenry (definitely), Athenry to Tuam (very probably), Tuam to Claremorris (possibly) and Claremorris to Sligo (sceptical but open minded). I hope rail is the mainstay of transport development in Dublin but am not familiar enough with it to comment much. I support the Midleton and Navan Projects etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Used to live in: Cork (and for a while Glasgow, Limerick, Dublin).
    Now live in: Toronto

No political affiliations or memberships in lobby groups or other conflicts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭arrietty

I'm not a member or active participant in anything. I'm an ex-bus/dart-commuter who now cycles six miles each way to work through the city centre. That makes me an angry chick with a bike. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

"That makes me an angry chick with a bike"

And that sounds positively terrifying! ;)

Occupation: Software Patenter (come ye Penguin-lovers, bring it on :D )

Affiliations: None that would interest posters very much...

Hobby: French

'Transport' issues: no official, semi-official or professionnal links whatsoever, but very opinionated all the same :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Aquavid

Hello all.

I formerly posted here as Steve Conway, but wanted to re-align my identity to the one I am known by on other transport forums, for more transparency.

My connections or conflicts of interest are as follows:

Irish Correspondent for Coach & Bus Week (CBW) - a UK-based trade magazine, owned by EMAP. I usually contribute between 500-1000 words per week on the Irish transport industry, covering both public and private sector. Any opinions expressed on these forums are my own personal opinions, and not those of CBW or EMAP.

Founder of Bustravel Ireland - a non-profit website which aims to increase public transport usage by visitors to ireland, by giving them practical tips and ideas on how to get around by scheduled public transport, particularly in Dublin.

Founder member of Garaiste - a discussion forum for transport enthusiasts and those employed in the industry.

Also a lifelong observer of transport, and a passionate user of public transport!

Aquavid

Advertisement