Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Super League Play-Offs and Grand Final 2014

• 01-09-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

It should be a great end to the season with Leeds, Wigan, Saints and Warrington all in with a shout and then the Giants and Castelford probably just a bit short of top top class to be able to win away from home a couple of times to make teh grand final.

I think after all is said and done I hope it's the four teams that I mentioned above in the semi finals.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

As a fan of the pie eating variety I feel that we should be top at the moment but don't deserve to be because of the recent run of stupid defeats to teams that (on paper anyway) are not as good. Lets hope that when the playoffs get going Sean has saved his best for getting us to the Grand Final. But look at Castleford coming on strong at this late stage of the season. The best is yet to come I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I'd love to see Tigers or Giants win it, but don't think they will. Had high hopes for Castleford particularly, until they were completely out played in the challenge cup final. Dragons are going to make the play offs again, fair play to them for that. Would prefer just the 6 team play offs though, 8 is a bit much in a league of 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Wide wide open this year..depends which warrington turn up in my opinion, completely inconsistent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Big game tonight. The winner goes second for the minute and the loser could drop out of the top 4 if Huddersfield beat Saints tomorrow

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Big game tonight. The winner goes second for the minute and the loser could drop out of the top 4 if Huddersfield beat Saints tomorrow

Warrington blow another lead ahhhhh!!! Tony smith must be so frustrated

• Advertisement

Right so....

Warriors Vs Giants

Saints Vs Tigers

Wolves Vs Vikings

Rhinos Vs Dragons

Plenty of room for surprises here so I ain't making any forecasts

PS. Wigan for the trophy....

Faing wrote: »
    Right so....

Warriors Vs Giants

Saints Vs Tigers

Wolves Vs Vikings

Rhinos Vs Dragons

Plenty of room for surprises here so I ain't making any forecasts

PS. Wigan for the trophy....

Really great lineup for the playoffs above there. As you say, there is a lot of wiggle room for upsets there. Hopefully they will be four crackers and we get a few twists!

Would like to see 4 away wins, but it aint going to happen so I less than boldly predict 4 home wins.

Would like to see 4 away wins, but it aint going to happen so I less than boldly predict 4 home wins.

Yeah 4 home wins seem the most likely to be sure but like in the NRL playoffs last week, there are usually one or two surprises at this stage of the year.

I think Castleford can put it up to Saints on Friday. They will be hurting after their loss to Catlan on Saturday and the travel back won't help them but I haven't been impressed with Saints in their last three games, especially against Leeds and Warrington.

Likewise I think Huddersfield are peaking at the right time too. I know they weren't impreesive when saints went down to 12 men but they should have beaten Warrignton 3 games ago and beat Hull FC comfortably in between.

I'm going to call two very close games between the top four and Warrington and Leeds winning a bit more cosily.

Well Wigan well and truly battered Huddersfield. Non event of a game.

• Advertisement

Thought huddersfield dire tonight. Wire v widnes will be similar also

Well Wigan well and truly battered Huddersfield. Non event of a game.

I was out so I recorded it and was looking forward to getting home and watching it. I could see after about 10 minutes that the Giants weren't going to be competitive when they couldnt get out of their own 40 after 5 tackles time and again.

Hopefully a better one tonight as Warrington and Leeds will more than likely win comfortably.

Another poor advert for the play offs tonight, Castleford didn't turn up against dominant Saints. Too one sided for the neutral, I lost interest anyway.

Good fightback from Warrington, thought Widnes might hang on, nearly a big shock. Best game of play offs so far.

Dragons 24--20 Rhinos now theres a half expected turnover. Leeds seem tired, Catalans are up for it!

Wire came back well I thought....big shock ref leeds though! No more FORWARD shouts from the headingley folk for another year ha

Huge win for Catalan, didn't realise that was their first win at Headingley ever. Not a bad time to break their duck. Never saw that result coming at all.

Well I got the nature of the games completely wrong then! Was expecting two close games between the top 4 and two "easier" wins for Leeds and Warrington, how wrong I was!!

Poor old Castleford's season ended with a whimper after so much promise. Convincingly beaten by Warrington who finally seemed to have woken up.

All took place at the Mend a Hose Jungle, what a name for a stadium.

Looking forward to tonights game, hope the French can keep it going but fancy the Giants to win by 10.

Gotta favour the Giants as well but them Dragons are pulling out all the stops and it wouldn't surprise me if its closer than 10pts DWW

• Advertisement

Fancy the dragons to cause a shock here....warrington won handy enough last night, daryl powell has to get coach of the year award for the job he has done..

Yeah pity about the Tigers alright but they had their chances even yesterday, especially when they brought it back to just two points.

The Giants should win with Brough back but I agree wit you guys, Catalan seem to have a serious amount of momentum with them at the moment and they could cause an upset.

Some brave performance from catalan there!!! Great effort however surely cant beat saints

Yeah, think Saints will be a game too far for Catalans, but a great run none the less. Especially as the are such notoriously bad travellers.

Will Saints be worried by this? They ought to be, I think all teams should be worried by them, they are playing unreal league at the moment.

Incredibly gutsy by the Dragons. Everytime you thought they had surely been beaten they came back again. They seem to just have massive confidence in themselves in the last few minutes and they have the confidence also of winning the tight games which is massive. Two intriguing games this week

Fair play to the Catalan Dragons for getting as far as they did, a terrific run, looked like their tanks were empty tonight though. Hopefully Warrington win tomorrow but fancy a Saints Wigan final.

Agreed. ..played some great rugby in the first half last night....tonights game should be a classic

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Agreed. ..played some great rugby in the first half last night....tonights game should be a classic

It could have been closer depending on a few questionable calls and obviously that late score going against them too.

I think it would have been closer but don't think Catalan would have won, they seemed out on their feet in the second half and you'd have to imagin that Saints would have had too muhc for them.

Really looking forward to tonight's game now. Watching last night's coverage I didn't realise that Michael Monaghan was retiring after this year. Been a great servent over the years and looks like he will get into coaching now.

• Advertisement

WHAT A FECKIN' MATCH!!!!!! GOD BLESS JOE BURGESS!!! LOOK OUT SAINTS WE ARE ON OUR WAY. Anyone else going over? Gonna be a classic final.

Advertisement