Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are you a fan of alternative music?

• 07-02-2009 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I`ve checked out a truckload of gigs in Dublin during the past year (2008). Most of these were new and unsigned bands, playing in various toilets around town, and the standard ranged from very good to downright dodgy.

I saw a 4-piece indie-rock outfit called Lines Drawing Circles, or LDC, and I thought Radiohead, Elbow, and stuff that I like. The gig was in Whelans and others who were there liked what they heard as well - a band in search of their own signature sound instead of rock-by-numbers.

I notice that LDC are playing Crawdaddy tonight, (Saturday 7th), to launch their new single. I`ll certainly try to get along if I can and I look forward to hearing how tight they are since I last saw them. So if any of you LDC members are reading this, hey guys, I want a freebie at the door:)

Advertisement