Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork rock band

• 05-01-2009 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone lookin to start a band in Cork, influenced by the good rock/metal bands from the 80's? I play bass.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Rusty Knight

Hi there,

30+ drummer from the old days, coming out of retirement and looking for like-minded guitar types to get together - would love to jam and arrange a few gigs, but no 'take over the world' stuff!
    Into Lizzy, ZZ Top, Gary Moore, Deep Purple, Police, Huey Lewis, Steely Dan, Quo, AC/DC etc

Into it for fun and the music - reliable guy.

Let me know where you are and if you're interested.

All the best,

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 vantasic

hey i could be interested, have a look at my post to see what i'm into, its easier then writing it up here again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 curtin747

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Hey man, 23yo guitarist here based in bishopstown
    Looking for a bass player. I play with a drummer. We've been playing for 6+ years together as rythm guitar and drum outfit but never had any success with bass players as we're quite serious (have 17 songs done) and need commitment from a player (obviously only if they are feeling it and we're on the same wavelength)....
    Here's a link of some stuff we recorded about 2 years ago. We've since splashed out on more recording and playing equipment. We both play bass but don't have any concrete ideas of what to do.. the bass in the demos is done by me primarily in like 1 take just messing so thats not the final lines

We need a bass player and singer. there will also be keyboards and synth fills but i'll handle those a will be able to trigger them live using a sampler.
    So bass is the next area. we jam about 6 - 8 times a month and are hoping to start recording a 4 or 5 track demo in march/april (we can record a fairly good quality cd in my house).
    Cheers for the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Hey guys i too have been advertising here for the past 12months trying to get a band together.im 29 from southside of city.
    Im playing guitar on and off since i was 15.unfortunately i only got serious about it in the last few years and have no proper gigging experience but ive all my own equipment,am a fast learner and am looking to get gigging before i get too old ha ha!

check out my thread if you want to know more and get in touch.im not the unreliable type either as seems to be the way with alot of wanna be musicians these days.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055394511

• Advertisement
Advertisement