Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parkour Free Running Classes

• 25-09-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

Interested in Learning Parkour/Free Running? Want to start, but don’t know where? Or are you just looking for a fun way to get into, and stay in shape? If so, then the Weekly Classes run by Irish Parkour Instructors may be just the thing for you! Taking place in Excel Gymnastics Club, Celbridge, each class has a maximum capacity of 14 people (first come first served), and is structured to give the most benefit in the time allotted.

Parkour/Free Running is a brilliant discipline where you use the natural capabilities of the body to overcome any obstacle in your path, in whatever way you wish, be it as efficiently or as expressively as you like…it’s all individual! It’s a great way to not only stay in shape, but to get into it as well. It’s all progressive…you crawl before you walk, and that is the very premise of our Classes; Progression. We cater for all shapes, sizes and levels of experience…so if you’ve always wanted to give it a go, feel you’re not progressing or just need that little push, come on down! Although our classes are run on a first come first served basis, we allow people to book/confirm their places. To avail of this (free) service, all you have to do is send an email with your Name, Age and the Date of the class you’ll be in attendance. One of our Instructors will get back to you ASAP to confirm if a place is available. Details are found below:

Classes
    Days: Fridays and Sundays
    Times: 20.00 – 21.45 (Friday) & 12.00 – 14.00 (Sunday)
    Cost: €10 per class

If you’re interested, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! You can contact us at any of the following:
    Email: irishPKinstructors@gmail.com
    Phone: 00353868707030
    Bebo: http://www.bebo.com/IrishP74
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/irishPKinstructors

I'll be watching over the thread, updating where necessary. So if you have any questions you can also post 'em here.

Thanks,

Irish Parkour Instructors,
    ~Kev.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭emmetcummins

are ye coming to cork??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

At some point it is entirely possible, however at the moment we only run weekly classes in Celbridge. However, we run workshops all around Ireland...most are hired events, which means that dates can't be predicted, others we organise ourselves and can post the dates a good bit in advanced.

We are supposed to be teaching and performing in Limerick on Saturday October 3rd, if that's any good to you. That is not 100% definite yet, and are still waiting confirmation...but if we are, it's as a part of the Graffiti Festival going on there. It was said to be taking place in the Skate Park.

UPDATE!

We’re currently expanding, updating and improving our classes. Lots of changes and some upcoming stuff too!

- We'll be in Limerick this Saturday, as part of the Graffiti Festival. If you're in the area, come on down to the Skate park between 13.00 and 18.00 and say hi!
    - We’re acquiring a better time slot for our Sunday classes, as such they are now on hold until we have a definite (new and improved) time slot
    - Due to popular demand, class capacity is being increased to a maximum of 15 people per class
    - Receive Text (SMS) Updates; if you would like to receive news & updates on the classes (Promotions, Bookings etc) direct to your phone, then all you have to do is send an email to irishPKinstructors@gmail.com with your name and mobile number
    - Receive Email Updates; if you’d like to receive email updates on our classes, you can subscribe by sending an email to irishPKinstructors@gmail.com with your name and chosen email address
    - Special offers, Prizes and Promotions COMING SOON

So, come one come all, tell your friends and have a ball! Give Parkour/Free Running a shot!

Thanks,

~Kev.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭DKILLER12

sounds cool im interested if my da would drop 4 the classes.
    and is there any age limit cuz im 12

Nah, there's no age limit! Excep of course the obvious i.e. before walking and talking etc.

The gym has a viewing area where parents can stay for the class and have a look at what their kids or doing, or in some cases...to see if they're interested in it as well.

• Advertisement

ohh ballz da said its too far to drive to cellbridge

if u come more near north dublin id still be interested:cool:

Irish Parkour Instructors:
    News & Updates - November

UPDATE!

News in Brief;
    - Sunday Classes start back November 8th…new & improved time-slot!
    - Special Offer – Savings to be had
    - Aesthetics Workshop; Sign up and reserve your place/s!
    - Mailing List – Sign up to Receive updates straight to your phone/email account

As previously mentioned, Sunday classes are back (Starting November 8th) which means we now run two weekly classes; Fridays 20.00 – 21.45 and Sundays 17.15 – 19.00. To celebrate the return of the Sunday classes, for the month of November if you book a place in both Friday and Sunday classes before, it will cost just €15!

To kick off the month of November, we will be running an intensive Aesthetics based (Flips, Spins & Tricks etc) workshop on Sundays. Classes start on the 8th of November at 17.15. To sign up and reserve your place/s, send an email to irishPKinstructors@gmail.com with your name, age and one of us will get back to you as soon as possible!

Last but not least, we have set up a Class mailing list for news & updates. To subscribe send us your name, mobile number and email address in a private mail message, or to irishPKinstructors@gmail.com

As per usual…if you have any questions, or are looking for any further information, please don’t hesitate to ask! We will get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks,

~Kev.

New Video

30 second clip from Irish Parkour Instructors' Video shoot with Fireworkz for ZozzyTv.com. Featured athletes:
    - BCB (Brian)
    - Everest John (Jonathan/John2)
    - FlyBoy (John)
    - Inari (Kev)
    Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10mjrKIAiwU

If you have any questions about the Weekly Parkour/Free Running Classes, please don't hesitate to contact us either through this thread, irishpkinstructors@gmail.com, Bebo or Facebook. Remember, for this month only, if you book your place in both Friday (20.15 - 21.45) and Sundays (17.30 - 19.00) Classes before Thursday @ 17.00 it costs just €15 for both.

Thanks,

~Kev.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Are ye coming to the midlands!!! Or know of anyone teaching in the midlands as Im from Athlone!!!

• Advertisement

Hello,

At this time, there are no classes in the Midlands area. The closest ones to you would be the ones we run in Celbridge, co. Kildare (outskirts of Dublin). Although it seems far, if you were to drive it would only take an hour to get to. Classes are on Friday nights (20.00 - 21.45) and Sunday evenings (17.15 - 19.00).

Since you'd be coming a long way, if you're coming up be sure to get in touch so we can reserve your place/s in the classes. You can reach us at irishPKinstructors@gmail.com or 0868707030.

Thanks,

~Kev.

Heads up folks, Classes are now on a break for the Holidays. Classes resume on Sunday 3rd January (17.15 - 19.00). As usual, any questions just send them to irishpkinstructors@gmail.com

Thanks,

~Kev.

First class of the New Year is Sunday the 3rd of January...so this year make your New Year's Resolution and keep it! We are now taking bookings, so get in touch to reserve your place/s...you can reach us at irishPKinstructors@gmail.com

If you have any questions, or just want further information, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks,

~Kev.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

any more about cork classes kev?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lfcrush9lfc

is this indoor or outdoor???

Classes are indoors in a full gymnastics gym (Excel Gymnastics Club)

Classes are back on and in full swing now that the weather has cleared up. They're on Fridays (from 20.00 - 21.45) and Sundays (17.15 - 19.00) every week, unless otherwise stated. If you'd like to receive automatic updates, then PM/Email your number to us (irishPKinstructors@gmail.com) and we'll add you to the mailing list.

If there's any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

~Kev.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Sattwa69

if i can get the car goin I'll be there :o)

sill goin in march, yeh ???
    can ya just turn up ??
    and pay for one session at a time ?

better tie the laces again........ he he

Classes are on weekly, Fridays (20.00 - 21.45) and Sundays (17.15 - 19.00) and are definitely on through March. We only take 15 people per class, so you can just turn up, but it's at own risk. What we do is offer people the chance to book/reserve their place in class. It's free to do so, and is basically a way of guaranteeing people their place who know that they'll definitely be there. All you've to do is get in touch with your name, and the date of the class you wish to attend, and one of us will get back to you ASAP.

You can get in touch with us through here, Facebook, Email (irishPKinstructors@gmail.com) or Phone (0868707030).

PS: If you're interested, we have a mailing list (SMS/text) to remind people of class, and to notify of any changes. Just email/pm your number and we can add you to the mailing list.

Thanks,

~Kev.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Ill be there sunday always eanted to give it a shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Went today first time to do anything like it.
    Was really nice to have somewhere to try out stuff like this and not worry about hurting myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Is there any chance if classes coming to Galway? I'd love to give this a go, seems like something I would enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 summer_buzz

heya ehh i live in tallaght and im interested in free runnin bu im not able ta go to celbridge so i was jst wonderin if der was any classes nearer ??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 freerunforlife

I love freerunning.Im 15 now and ive been doing parkour for a while.I got many of my friends interested in it and we do parkour every day now.though the problem is where we live theres not much places to climb around,except the places we aren't aloud go but we never get caught anyway:D.i was going to ask would you be coming anywhere near limerick to teach free running.Me and my friends would be interested to join and I only know two flips and they..dont know any yet :D.some of us still need to improve so would you be coming to limerick anytime or are you already there now???

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BexXx

Hi, I'd love to do free running classes but you guys are pretty far away is there any chance yas would be headin dublin or meath? Either would probs do. Or would anyone know where i can find Parkour classes in the area?

News & Updates:

We run two weekly drop in Classes; Mondays (DP Gymnastics, Rush, North County Dublin: 19.30 - 21.15) and Fridays (Excel Gymnastics Club, Celbridge: 20.00 - 21.45). Each class takes a maximum of 15 people, and costs €10 per class. Although run on a first come first served basis, we allow people to guarantee their place. To do so, all you have to do is contact us with your name, age and date of the class you wish to attend. One of us will then get back to you to confirm your place.

Starting on Sunday the 5th of September in Excel Gymnastics Club in Celbridge, we will be running our Back to Basics Course - an 8-week long course which deals exclusively with the fundamentals of Parkour, and aims to provide a solid grounding/foundation for training Parkour. The course will build the technique, strength, power and endurance needed to deal with the stresses and strains of Parkour. It is suitable for beginners and experienced practitioners alike. So whether you're interested in learning, or just revising the basics, this course is for you. The course €80 for the 8 weeks, and is payable in either 1 lump sum, or in 2 installments of €40. Fees are payable before, or on the 5th of September, with the second installment due on October 3rd.

If you have any immediate questions, you can contact us via email (irishPKinstructors@gmail.com), Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/IrishPKinstructors) or Phone (0868707030)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 speedernestas

Are you coming to Longford please come I love free running parkour I do it at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ricochet_Chloe

I am very very interested! Will you be coming to Kilkenny?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 davio123

Sorry I'm a bit late, but do these lessons still go on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 oisinmcdonagh

Inari wrote: »
    Classes are indoors in a full gymnastics gym (Excel Gymnastics Club)

what county is the freerunning/parkour in

Advertisement