Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 yummymummy1979

Still no sign of money, hopefully next week :-)

Hi All,

Has anyone dated round 16th/17th November got any update on there application yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 yellbell

Payment was is my bank account today. My acknowledgement slip was dated 15 Nov and was told my date was 18 Nov. I hope you don't wait too much longer.

thanks yellbell. Glad yours came through, i'm just worried we be turned down and thats why nothing in bank yet. Il ring tomorrow if no word.

Rang them again. My app is with the deciding officer and lady said its hard to tell how much longer. is app going to deciding officer usual? Anyone know how long this could take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Rang them again. My app is with the deciding officer and lady said its hard to tell how much longer. is app going to deciding officer usual? Anyone know how long this could take?

Every claim goes to a deciding officer,you will know the decision before the end of the week.

Thanks for answer, fingers crossed we are entitled to a payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

got through to the deciding officer, she wont let me send the details to her directly, have to re-apply.... gutted. atleast i know we are entitled...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 nasher 1982

Does anyone know do they go by the payment dates or daily dates. When they say what date they r working on. Thanks :)

Does anyone know do they go by the payment dates or daily dates. When they say what date they r working on. Thanks :)
    daily dates for first time applicants.

• Advertisement

Thanks :) they r on the 17th the last 7 days now. I'm the 24th. Hopefully it will be soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Liz23

Just rang them. All I get is that they are working that date now. Won't be this week. We actually can't take anymore! I'm so upset now.

They are working on 17/11/11 and its nearly impossible to give an exact date when a persons claim will be processed because every date will have different amounts of claims.It all depends on how many people applied on that date,it could be anything between 300 to nearly 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cheyni

We applied for FIS on 24th November and STILL waiting on a decision. My husband rang last week and was told they were on 18th Nov so should hear back soon. Today he rang to be told they were dealing with 18th Nov (?) and will be another 2-3 weeks before we hear anything !! Has anyone applied on or around the same date and recieved theirs already (It was a new claim) ??

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

yabadabado wrote: »
    They are working on 17/11/11 and its nearly impossible to give an exact date when a persons claim will be processed because every date will have different amounts of claims.It all depends on how many people applied on that date,it could be anything between 300 to nearly 1000.

Anyone know what date the FIS renewals are on now

midlands1 wrote: »
    Anyone know what date the FIS renewals are on now
    See the other FIS thread,its for the renewals.

Mine's the 11 th nov. I've been told for T least 2 weeks that they are working on that date! Lots of applications around then obviously!!

cheyni wrote: »
    We applied for FIS on 24th November and STILL waiting on a decision. My husband rang last week and was told they were on 18th Nov so should hear back soon. Today he rang to be told they were dealing with 18th Nov (?) and will be another 2-3 weeks before we hear anything !! Has anyone applied on or around the same date and recieved theirs already (It was a new claim) ??
    I'm the same date as you. Can u let me know if u hear anything . N il do the same :)

Im the 16th November, told its with the deciding officer on Monday, but still no word or money so far, will let you all know if I hear anything.

Im the 16th November, told its with the deciding officer on Monday, but still no word or money so far, will let you all know if I hear anything.
    You poor thing. Its horrible isn't it. Waiting and not knowing. The government need to sort this mess out. Its the same every yr. The people working on applications must be so stressed

• Advertisement

Thanks Nasher 1982. it is a complete mess, this is supposed to help people, but actually the whole process is so stressful, the wondering and the waiting. At least coming on here you get proper information and can get some idea of what dates there on. Not sure with tomorrow being Good Friday will it be Tuesday before anything could go into my account, have to wait and see and prey :)

Thanks Nasher 1982. it is a complete mess, this is supposed to help people, but actually the whole process is so stressful, the wondering and the waiting. At least coming on here you get proper information and can get some idea of what dates there on. Not sure with tomorrow being Good Friday will it be Tuesday before anything could go into my account, have to wait and see and prey :)
    Doubt it being honest. Payments r usually in the account on a Thursday. I haven't had my Fis in over a yr now. Was refused last yr because my hrs were cut to 17hrs per wk for 3wks the previous yr again.had a communion lst yr to.as a single parent it was hard. This yr my bro is getting married in santorini.can't afford to save for it.bills r paid thank God. But need Fis to see my only bro get married

Anybody been in touch with FIS. Are they still processing claims from the 17/11/11?

Liz23 wrote: »
    Anybody been in touch with FIS. Are they still processing claims from the 17/11/11?

24/11/11

Did u get ur money yet . Just reading ur post. Ur 11th.if they r on the 24th. Should u not have got it by now

Did u get ur money yet . Just reading ur post. Ur 11th.if they r on the 24th. Should u not have got it by now[/Quote]

My confirmation letter was the 11th. I've been told that actually means the 17th, the following Thursday! I sure hope so. Last maternity payment went through last week. I won't get paid from work until the end of the month. So u can imagine how important this is! Payment has to come through this week!

Did u get ur money yet . Just reading ur post. Ur 11th.if they r on the 24th. Should u not have got it by now

My confirmation letter was the 11th. I've been told that actually means the 17th, the following Thursday! I sure hope so. Last maternity payment went through last week. I won't get paid from work until the end of the month. So u can imagine how important this is! Payment has to come through this week![/Quote]
    Congrats on the baby :) hope yas r both doing well :) hopefully this wk for you. Let me know how u get on

Thanks Nasher! It's been a tough one! The little one is great, can't believe it's time to go back to work! Of course I'll let I know!!!

Rang just now. Was told they r on the 22nd of November

• Advertisement

Hopefully tomorrow!

Advertisement