Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One of Ireland's top Bowlers unable to play the Irish Open 2015

• 26-10-2014 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

So it seems that some how one of Ireland's best Bowling Talents is not able to participate in the Irish Open next year. Apparently he's not allowed to enter Leisureplex Stillorgan so it curtails him from participating.
    Do you agree with this and is it common place in other countries? It seems very harsh to me. I totally disagree with it. Is there no mediator that can resolve such issues when they arise?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Hard to form an opinion without reason for the ban..?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

If the bowler has been barred from the centre because of behavioural issues/abuse of staff/assault in the past then fair enough. If it's because of something else then that should be looked at again imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Any news as to why he can't bowl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

He's not allowed enter the Centre in Stillorgan. It should be lifted for a couple of days for the tournament. Jesus wept its 2014 and it's not a life or death situation

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

bbability wrote: »
    He's not allowed enter the Centre in Stillorgan. It should be lifted for a couple of days for the tournament. Jesus wept its 2014 and it's not a life or death situation

You're still alluding to the fact as to why he isn't allowed in..?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

You're still alluding to the fact as to why he isn't allowed in..?

I tried googoloogling but can't find anything other than on the irish bowling Facebook page. I'm very curious now.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Just tell us why he isn't allowed into Leisureplex and then you'll get some replies back.

To be honest I'm not sure what happened but I believe this person has been treated incorrectly. You don't ban players in any sport for incidents without just cause. The cause and reasons I'm not sure of. I thought by posting it here the reason might appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭tariqbutt

To be honest I'm not sure what happened but I believe this person has been treated incorrectly. You don't ban players in any sport for incidents without just cause. The cause and reasons I'm not sure of. I thought by posting it here the reason might appear.

If they banned him Im sure they knew the reason why. I can think of many causes which would mean they should keep the ban in place.

tariqbutt wrote: »
    I can think of many causes which would mean they should keep the ban in place.

So what are the many reasons? Has he been banned by the ITBA or banned from entering Leisureplex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,011 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Top sports stars have been banned from entering competitions before - why is this different?

What bowler are we talking about (if you're allowed to say)? That might provide clues as to why he or she is banned.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭h2005

Without knowing what happened how can you believe he was mistreated?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭tariqbutt

So what are the many reasons? Has he been banned by the ITBA or banned from entering Leisureplex?

I dont know the actual reason. Im saying there are many possible reasons why someone would be banned, of varying degrees of severity, and at the more severe end of the scale I would agree that the ban should remain.

Since we dont know the reason why it is unfortunately impossible to make a judgement. Which is why Im curious as to why you are so sure the ban should be lifted.

Any updates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Did anyone find out anything more about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Closing this thread because the individual has been named and some nasty things (true or otherwise) said about him. Please don't start any more threads on this topic. Sorry folks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement