Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heath Ledger is dead

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 QesQnr

There's some sick, sick people in this world. I don't think that anyone could argue against that massacreing these sort of people would be a good thing.
    http://www.godhatesfags.com/written/fliers/20080122_heath-ledger-brokeback-mountain.pdf

edit: you'll have to copy and paste the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

RIP Heath Ledger

He was a great actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

That is a big shock. I always felt him differnet to the usual holywood glitterai,In the fact that he could act and seemed like a decent guy.
    v.sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

RIP Heath Ledger and Brad Renfro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

I still can't believe it..... R.I.P Heath xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

panda100 wrote: »
    That is a big shock. I always felt him differnet to the usual holywood glitterai,In the fact that he could act and seemed like a decent guy.
    v.sad

Yeah, that's what I thought.

So sad :( The best was yet to come Heath. RIP x

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

RIP Heath

May he go down as a cult legend with the next Batman movie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I still cannot believe this :(
    He was so talented

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 crunch_n_munch

It's so tragic. I just couldn't believe it when I found out. He seemed like such a genuine young man..so talented..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Eire 4Ever wrote: »
    RIP Heath Ledger and Brad Renfro

:eek: what happened Brad Renfro???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Cazlou wrote: »
    :eek: what happened Brad Renfro???

He died last week too...

http://www.eonline.com/celebrities/profile/index.jsp?uuid=222886d4-ab3a-470d-92e7-8f1b936af84d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

misslt wrote: »

Thanks for that!

:( Sleepers is one of my fave films

Stars Fight To Keep Ledger Drug Video Off TV

Sarah Jessica Parker, Josh Brolin and Natalie Portman were among the stars who bombarded the producers of news show Entertainment Tonight and urged them to drop a damning Heath Ledger video. The footage, taken at a Hollywood party in 2006, reportedly features the late actor drinking and taking drugs. The news show aired teaser footage during its Wednesday night broadcast and producers planned to show the full tape on Thursday. But angry phone calls from the stars and harsh criticism from Ledger's publicists made them think again - and eventually axe the news item. In one angry open letter, Ledger's representative Mara Buxbaum wrote, "This is not journalism, it is sensationalism. It is a shameful exploitation of the lowest kind."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Can you add links when you're posting articles like this? And wrap them in quote tags place - it just makes it clearer to the reader that it's coming from another source. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Twinkers

Apparently the clip didn't show him taking any drugs, just drinking a beer. There is evidence of someone else on tape snorting coke but he is not seen partaking in anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭sam69

Sometimes we find ourselves lost for words & it's hard to express exactly what we feel,
    I felt like this when I heard the tragic news of the late Heath Ledger. I was thinking about his all too short but brilliant life, his family and loved ones... and then this sort of happened in my little bedroom studio.
    It features Gustavo Santaolalla's 'The Wings' vs Charlene's 'I've Never Been To Me'.
    I hope he would like it.

God Bless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWVMDi3nKA8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2008-02-04/

Stars Turn Out for Ledger Memorial

10s.jpg Hollywood stars Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, Sienna Miller, Ellen DeGeneres and director Todd Haynes were among attendees at a memorial service in Los Angeles for late actor Heath Ledger. The private service to pay tribute to the 28-year-old, who was found dead in New York last month, took place at the Sony lot in L.A. on Saturday and also included a variety of figures from the movie industry and Ledger's agency CAA. Attendees included Cruise and Holmes, who co-starred with Ledger's former fiancee Michelle Williams in TV show Dawson's Creek, and British actress Sienna Miller, who worked with Ledger on 2005 film Casanova, according to People.com. The memorial comes a week after relatives and close friends of the tragic star gathered at a smaller service at the Westwood Village Memorial Park cemetery in the city. A service also took place in New York which attracted close to 1,000 mourners. Ledger was found dead in his New York apartment on January 22. An autopsy failed to reveal the cause of death, and police are still awaiting the results of a toxicology test to asses if drugs found in his apartment played a part in his demise. His body has been flown to his native Australia, where a private funeral is expected to take place in his hometown of Perth.

Nicholson Misquoted on Ledger Warning

Hollywood veteran Jack Nicholson insists stories claiming he warned Heath Ledger about the dangers of sleeping pills are not true - stating he never even met the tragic star. The Departed legend was asked how he felt about the Brokeback Mountain actor's death last month by photographers in London and he was quoted as saying, "I told him so." However, the 70-year-old star, whose role as the Joker in Batman was reprised by Ledger in The Dark Knight just before his death, states he was misquoted and was simply warning everyone against using that brand of pills. He says, "What I actually said was, 'I warned them.' I had a bad experience with those sleeping pills (that Ledger apparently took). I took one of these pills and had just gone to sleep when I had a phone call to go to an emergency at a friend's house. I jumped up, went outside and some time later woke up on the driveway. It sounds amusing but I live in the mountains and it could of been worse. I didn't know Heath Ledger, but I know those pills." Ledger was found dead in his New York apartment last month at the age of 28. An autopsy failed to reveal the cause of death, and police are still awaiting the results of a toxicology test to asses if sleeping pills found in his apartment played a part in his death.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7231084.stm

Ledger took lethal mix of drugs

Hollywood actor Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of six different types of prescription drugs, New York authorities have revealed.
    The Brokeback Mountain actor, 28, was found dead in January in an apartment he had been renting in Manhattan.
    The city medical examiner's spokeswoman said Ledger died "as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects" of the different drugs.
    They include painkiller Oxycontin and anti-anxiety drugs Valium and Xanax.
    Some of the prescription drugs were found near his body when it was discovered by his housekeeper.
    Ledger's body has been flown home to Australia for a private burial, while a public memorial service is planned in Los Angeles.
    Film suspended
    Last week, his former partner Michelle Williams spoke publicly for the first time since the star's death, saying: "My heart is broken."
    The pair met on the set of their Brokeback Mountain, in which Williams played Ledger's wife.
    The couple, who had a daughter Matilda, now two, split up last September.
    The makers of Ledger's most recent film, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - directed by Terry Gilliam - have suspended production.
    Ledger had completed filming in London just before his death.
    The star also plays The Joker in yet-to-be-released Batman film The Dark Knight.
    Also last week, US TV shows Entertainment Tonight and The Insider pulled a video they had planned to show of Ledger at a Hollywood party saying he used to smoke cannabis. The star is apparently heard saying he "used to smoke five joints a day for 20 years". The shows released a statement saying the footage, believed to be have been recorded in January 2006, would not be shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

so the coroner said it was an accidental overdose, ie they were legally prescribed and he didn't take 20 at a go but a few that he reacted badly to.

but you can abuse and misuse pills without taking a bottle full

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Mena86

I was disgusted by all the news coverage of his death! The toxicology report confirmed that he died from misuse of prescription medicine. So many people have written him off as an addict who deserved his fate, but I truly hope that story will serve to show the world his death was, an accident. Good bless his daughter and loved ones. :(

http://www.pagesix.com/story/matilda+s+godfather+jake

Now that 2-year-old Matilda Rose is left to grow up without her doting dad, the responsibility to keep Heath Ledger's memory alive falls partly on her famous godfather, Jake Gyllenhaal.

Jake, Heath and Matilda's mom Michelle Williams, bonded on the set of their Academy Award-winning hit Brokeback Mountain, for which they all received Oscar nominations.

"Heath and I are best friends now — making the film was very intense for us," said Jake, 27, who played Heath's sheep-herding love interest in the Blockbuster hit. He described being Matilda's godfather as "an amazing honor."

"I remember being in rehearsal, and the two of them had googly eyes with each other," he has said of the romance between Matilda's parents.

After Matilda's birth in October 2005, Heath described loving every minute of fatherhood. "It's a pleasure waking up to your daughter," the self-described Mr. Mom said. "I love it. I actually adore it."

Needless to say, Heath lavished gifts on his only child. He regularly brought Matilda to the high-end SoHo store Calypso Kids where he spoiled the little tyke, buying her life-size stuffed animals and anything she wanted, especially ice cream, a saleswoman told the New York Post.

Despite her unimaginable loss, Matilda should expect to have an extended family in the Gyllenhaals. Jake's sister, Maggie, befriended Heath during the filming of their upcoming Batman sequel The Dark Knight. Maggie, 30, and Peter Saarsgard, whose daughter, Ramona, is one year younger than Matilda, also own a Brooklyn brownstone nine blocks away — a mere five minutes on foot — from the Hoyt Street townhouse Heath and Michelle formerly shared.

Meanwhile, at 3 a.m. this morning Matilda's godmother Busy Philipps (left), who Michelle befriended on the set of Dawson's Creek, arrived at the 30-year-old's Boerum Hill home in anticipation of Matilda and her mom's return from Sweden.

While information about Heath's will is still unclear, Matilda stands to inherit millions. He was paid well over $3 million per role and sold his Australian home in a beachside suburb of Sydney for a reported $7 million.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2008-02-19/#3
    Ledger Joker Doll To Go On Sale

Late actor Heath Ledger is set to be immortalized in the form of a toy doll - with his grieving family's blessing. Ledger had recently finished playing The Joker in the forthcoming Batman film The Dark Knight when he was found dead in his New York apartment last month. However, only a week after the Aussie star's funeral, a range of The Joker dolls have been revealed by toy giants Mattel. The action figures are set to be marketed alongside the new movie - tipped to be this summer's major blockbuster. Two versions of the Heath joker doll will hit stores in May - one comes with a rocket launcher and the second is armed with a knife. A spokesman for the star's family says, "Heath was very proud of his work in the film and his family is aware and supportive of the plans for the movie." Toxicology results released earlier this month revealed Ledger was killed by an accidental overdose of prescribed medications.

His death is going to be so used as a marketing tool for the movie

I find it weird and freaky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I find it weird and freaky

You do realise these dolls were in production way before his death? So they are just going ahead with original plans to release his as part of the full range and ain't 'cashing in'

Once it has his familys blessing I don't see the problem with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Y2J IS GOD

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20183058,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Michelle Williams and their daughter Matilda Rose were not included in his will but his parents will take care of them

Advertisement