Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

weight loss classes dublin

Options
  • 01-09-2013 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi all
    I just recently moved to Dublin 7 and am looking for local enough nutrition weight loss classes. I'll be joining a gym this week and just want something to compliment it on the diet side of things.
    I'm not terribly overweight, just a little bit extra on the love handle side of things, and I'm definitely not looking for any crash diet meetings. I want something healthy that I can see myself sticking to.
    Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
    Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

Oh also, another thing... Went low carb a couple of years ago and that worked out really well. If there are any meetup groups that are based around a low carb eating plan even better.
    But I'd appreciate any suggestions other than that too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

You're going to be told to read the stickies, educate yourself re: nutrition, and save your tenner. There's a bit of a lack of tolerance for any kind of classes, that "support" weight loss around here. If you do want to go to something though, maybe try slimming world? (I've never heard of weightloss classes other than ww, unislim, slimming world, but maybe there's something else a bit less commercial that you'd prefer). It's not exactly low carb, but maybe it would suit you. I don't know about classes in your area, but have a look on their website.
    You could also look at getting a few sessions with a personal trainer who'd look at diet- that may well be more worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

Thanks for the reply JLM. I know some of my friends have had great success with Slimming World but I just want to make sure it's a sustainable healthy eating plan rather than a quick fix.

I thought personal trainers were solely for exercise? Also, are they not very expensive? Would I find one through a gym or somewhere else?

Thanks,
    Tufty

Advertisement