Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards not encrypted

• 04-03-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I cant get onto boards.ie from my home computer.
    It keeps telling me that the website is not encryped.
    Is there a fast fix for this?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This sounds like a browser issue, not a boards.ie one.

Which browser is it, and can you post a screenshot of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Sorry chrome allows it through.
    Think ill give up on firefox.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I suspected as such, a Google search shows lots of occurrences of this going back some time, but with no clear fix. Just vague suggestions of starting a new profile, or removing plugins/themes.

If you want I can move this to the Comp+Tech forums to get the browser issue fixed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Think ill give up on firefox.
    I've used FF for years without any significant boards access problems from all sorts of venues; e.g., broadband, DSL, wifi hotspots, etc. Now using FF10.0. I really doubt it's a problem with boards. It may pertain to your configuration.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement