Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your miracle beauty products?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

moonflower wrote: »
    UDPP
    Aussie Miracle Moist
    Burts Bees cleanser
    FCUK sugar scrub
    UD Heavy Metal liner
    MAC paint pots
    MAC fluidline
    Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker
    Shockwaves curl mousse

All brilliant

+1 for fluidlines. They're wonderful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

Yves saint laurent Touche Eclat
    St. Ives products - shampoo, conditioner, apricot scrub, collagen moisturiser
    Vaseline - lips, slather on feet overnight (with socks ;)) for baby-soft skin in the morning.
    Olive oil - with sea salt/sugar for body scrub, on hair before washing or for really dry skin

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

borgois 1 second nail varnish - so easy to use
    John Frieda volumising spray - this stuff is brilliant really works ive long hair but it gives it a bit of volume
    mark hill dry shampoo (cant find that batiste stuff anywhere?)
    barbara daly for tesco face lift and eye base
    barry M black kohl pencil
    +1 for aussie three minute miracle

im dying to try the eve lom stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭peanut66

I love Dermalogica products for great skin mine can be tempermental at the best of times and this stuff has really cleared it up. Huge range of products to choose from and the dermalogica facials are amazing.
    Love ysl touch eclat
    Nars Primer
    Smashbox photo finish primer
    Smash box o glow blush gel
    Pout lip plump (cant get them anymore :(
    Urban Decay heavy metal for eyes
    erase paste by benefit
    lancome virtuose mascara
    clinique black eye liner cream in a pot
    high beam
    miss popluarity by beneifit
    two faced carribean bronzer
    MAC liquid last eyeliner
    Dior Air Flash foundation, light and goes on easily for perfect coverage

dying to try UDPP now after reading all the comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

YSL Faux Cils mascara - I've tried every single good mascara out there (no joke) and this is the single best one that I've ever found. Chanel's Inimitable and Lancome's Fatale are close runners-up but YSL is still king.
    Benefit Boi-ing concealer - Awesomeness in a pot.
    Chanel Rouge Allure Passion lipstick - Gorgeous, perfect, film-star red lips.
    Armani Hydraglow foundation- I've tried loads of others but this still remains the best, both in terms of coverage and matching my natural skin tone
    Lancome Juicy Tubes in Lychee - Gorgeous shade which looks pretty and natural
    Original Source Lime or Mint shower gel
    - only discovered this recently but I love it. Smells gorgeous and tangy. Muchos <3.

Loads of other stuff that I really like (High Beam, Realness of Concealness, Garnier body moisturisers) but they're the things that I can't do without.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Boots essentials curl cream. It's 1.80 a tub, bright pink and works wonders and is often and 3 for the price of 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

bare minerals make up ... got it as a gift .. never going back to normal make up .. its amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

KlodaX wrote: »
    bare minerals make up ... got it as a gift .. never going back to normal make up .. its amazing

Can I ask what's so good and different about it KlodaX? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Can I ask what's so good and different about it KlodaX? Thanks.

I use Everyday Minerals and I think mineral makeup in general is incredible because it provides excellent coverage, doesn't feel heavy, and has never once caused me to break out. It's simply fabulous. I would never go back to anything else, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

can anyone recommend an all day lipstick with a plumping action?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

Just discovered another one:
    Diorshow iconic mascara. Bought it last week its amazing!
    and the loreal mineral powder is great stuff it lasts ages too

• Registered Users Posts: 30 godeas

A must is the Beauty Bible - its a book u can get in any book shop. They've tested thousands of products over a long period of time on a huge no of people. Ive gone and bought loads of their top rated products and they're excellent.

Clarins Beauty Flas Balm
    Lancome L'extreme mascara
    Estee Lauder Night repair - in brown bottle.

Mac Studio fix is excellent esp over studio tech and their primer underneath. Love Estee Lauder's double wear founation too is great

For easy eyeliner, Mac's blacktrax with their slanted brush is so easy to put on and looks like a pro did it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭willy wonka

Bare minerals makeup. I wear make up everyday and the foundation pot lasts about 6 months, no exaggeration!
    I have gotten so many compliments after changing to this make up too.

Dermalogica is brilliant - I especially love their Gentle Cream Exfoliant. Use this twice a week for the softest skin.

Nice n Easy hair conditioner - the one you get with the hair dye kit is brilliant, leaves my tatty hair really soft, much softer than Aussies 3 min miracle I find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Baby Oil for my hair overnight, wash it out, gorg. Just not on the roots.

Also bio-oil on my spots or blemishes.

Favourite foundation by a mile is Chanel Airbrush.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Bio Oil and Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream are lifesavers for me
    Any eyelash curlers
    Beauty Flash Balm
    Touche Eclat
    Body Shop eye makeup remover gets every last scrap off
    Diorshow mascara
    Aveda pure abundance is the best volumising product ive found

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Springroll

Benefit You Rebel tinted moisturizer - feels so great going on and looks so natural. I am fair-skinned so I use the light shade.

I know it's a cliche but Touche Eclat is something I never leave the house without. It really is worth the hype.

YSL Rouge Pure Shine lipstick. They are very light for day wear and come in loads of lovely shades. I hate using gloss as my hair sticks to it and it always gloops on my lips. This is a fab alternative without a heavy lipstick look.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭WhoseView: Michael

Wild Rose products from Sephora are amazing and unbelievable. I use the 24 hour moisturizer and the weekly brightening mask and under eye syrum. I can actually see a dramatic brightening change in my face and my skin has improved 100%.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Springroll

Whoseview wrote: »
    Wild Rose products from Sephora are amazing and unbelievable. I use the 24 hour moisturizer and the weekly brightening mask and under eye syrum. I can actually see a dramatic brightening change in my face and my skin has improved 100%.:)

Where can you get Sephora products - I have never heard of them. Are they in major department stores, or pharmacies? Also, what kind of price range are they in? I could do with a face brightener! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭WhoseView: Michael

Sephora is an American company so your best bet would be to order it from www.sephora.com. I got the wild rose package that comes with the moisturizer, brightening mask and under eye syrum for around 50 dollars or a little more. It honestly was the best money i have ever spent and i will never use anything else. I love this product and it really works wonders!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kellsum

+1 on bareminerals foundation i find it great especially if u have a few laughter lines it does not accentuate those like all other foundations

Love da barminerals buxom lip gloss also

+1 John Frieda's frizz ease serum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Whoseview wrote: »
    Sephora is an American company so your best bet would be to order it from www.sephora.com. I got the wild rose package that comes with the moisturizer, brightening mask and under eye syrum for around 50 dollars or a little more. It honestly was the best money i have ever spent and i will never use anything else. I love this product and it really works wonders!
    I don't think sephora.com deliver to Ireland but you can get the Korres Wild Rose products on www.hqhair.com

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

I can't believe it hasn't been said yet,
    Max Factor Masterpiece Max mascara!
    It's absolutely amazing, everyone I know who's tried it has bought it and will use nothing else no!
    its not too expensive either! I know it sounds like I work for max factor, but I actually just love that mascara!

Advertisement