Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Out of Work..

• 31-12-2013 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

I'm just looking for a bit of advise here...
    So in work while walking down a couple of steps I landed awkwardly and have injured my knee (neither work nor my fault, just unlucky). I have been out of work since the start of october and have to have an operation in Feb and another 6-8 weeks out after that.
    I have been claiming injury benefit since then €188 a week and just wondering am i entitled to get anything off the work place? I have paid for doctors visits, prescription tablets, physio, surgeon consultation and will be paying for surgery which is a couple of grand!
    anyone with any advise? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

If the steps were in good safe order, seems as if it was your fault, sorry. You might talk to your employer and ask if they would be willing to help with your medical bills, but I think they are within their rights to say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

Yeah as i said i was just unlucky!! I was hoping because it happened in work I would be entitled to something!

Advertisement