Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

motorstorm RC is very tempted at only a fiver! played the demo and really enjoyed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

padair wrote: »
    Anyone up for a bit of a competition on MotorStorm RC. Maybe setup some sort of league. Any takers?

Aye. I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Probably a stupid question but what's the slot beside the game slot used for? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Probably a stupid question but what's the slot beside the game slot used for? :confused:

accesories apperently

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LazyBaker

Anyone up for a bit of a competition on MotorStorm RC. Maybe setup some sort of league. Any takers?
    Yeeeep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

cloud493 wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips for the wipeout time trials? Trying to get the very first one for the elite pass, need to do it in 2 minutes 30 seconds, best I can get is 2 minutes 32 seconds >.<

Don't airbreak unless you need too, mainly on very sharp bends. You shouldn't need to come off the acceleration until class A so keep it pressed down even when air breaking. Also usually a tap of the airbreak is enough to get you around most corners.

Use boost pads whenever possible but dont go out of your way to hit everyone of them. Try get a good balance between hitting boosts and maintaining a good racing line.

Also every track has short cuts and alot of em are hard to find so spend some time checking them out but be careful they are generally harder to navigate than the normal route and if you find yourself using one but constantly hitting the wall it might be better avoiding it.

Also give the "wipeout" control scheme a go. It's classic wipeout with X to accelerate and the shoulder buttons to air break. I much prefer it. You just need to press the shoulder buttons to airbreak but it gives you better control when you get used to it. Just remember only press the left airbreak when turning left and vice versa don't press them both together.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianmcdon

Absolutely!

Everyday we should set a "track of the day" where everyone has 24 hours to set their best time. Then gives points based on position and have a leaderboard that gets updated daily!! Would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Count me in too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

Big Knox wrote: »
    Everyday we should set a "track of the day" where everyone has 24 hours to set their best time. Then gives points based on position and have a leaderboard that gets updated daily!! Would that work?

A track of the day would definately work. I guess we can decide upon points when he have some numbers.

The current contendors on the 1st Annual daily MotorStorm RC championship are as follows.

1. padair
    2. caspa307
    3. ghostchant
    4. grahamer666
    5. LazyBaker
    6. brianmcdon
    7. Big Knox (I am assuming is interested)
    8. mise
    9. Darksaga87
    10. NotorietyH
    11. RedXIV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

all this talk of motorstorm has made me download it. bring on the competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Count me in too. Until Mass Effect 3 takes over my life at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm in for Motorstorm!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I'm up for MotorStorm...but only when I get to fill up my wallet on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 captainkrusty

i have €350 to spend on vita(dont want tot necesairly spend all of it) i live in cork city. could anyone recommend a good bundle with vita,memory card and at least one game but 2 would be great?????

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i have €350 to spend on vita(dont want tot necesairly spend all of it) i live in cork city. could anyone recommend a good bundle with vita,memory card and at least one game but 2 would be great?????

i would go for this:

ps wita wifi + 16gb card + rayman origins, then spend whatever you got on psn credit.

in gamestop it costed me 314eu for wifi + 16gb + raymon origins.

trust me, its better to have bigger card m8. it fills in very fast. you will be drooling all over PSN m8. plus i personally enjoy having my games on vita itself , then swaping out games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

RedXIV wrote: »
    I'm in for Motorstorm!

+1

PSN: livelyjojo

ya i get what you mean bout the memory card. and is there any way of getting uncharted and another game with the vita and mem card for the price. p.s is uncharted any good and is it worth the price tag????

ya i get what you mean bout the memory card. and is there any way of getting uncharted and another game with the vita and mem card for the price. p.s is uncharted any good and is it worth the price tag????

well... there is a bundle for 329eu in gamestop which is wifi + 16gb + uncharted.

honestly, i would skip on uncharted now and wait for it to go down in price. it will be very very soon m8. its not bad game, but it is uncharted with no WOW moments. just basic platforming and shooting. there are way bhetter and cheaper release titles m8.

thanks shadowhearth. so could you or anybody else do me a huge favour and list your top must own games for the vita retail or ps store only for someone about to buy. it would be great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you are buying the Vita Game have a bunch of games for 30 euro (when you buy the console) F1 and a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Wipeout 2048 for me is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

thanks shadowhearth. so could you or anybody else do me a huge favour and list your top must own games for the vita retail or ps store only for someone about to buy. it would be great

Must own for me would be:

PS Store:
    Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
    Super Stardust Delta

Other than that, I'm really enjoying Lumines, Rayman and FIFA. The back touch screen works really well on FIFA. Rayman you could skip if you have it already, but if not it's a fantastic platformer that's really good in short bursts.

I'm playing a lot of Everybody's Golf too and enjoying that. Also have Motorstorm RC but haven't played a whole lot of it. Seems very good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I love wipeout, its brilliant. Amazing soundtrack as well.

i got:

lumines - love it!
    Rayman origins - ORGASMIC!
    Monster Hunter freedom unite ( PSP ) really good.

MvsC is a carbon copy of PS3 one, if you liked one there, you will like it here too.

to be honest there are tons of great ps vita titles and even more psp ones to keep ya busy m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianmcdon

Just to be clear. You guys are buying on the PS3 and transferring over for Monster Hunter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

seeing as I can't add funds to my wallet with my o2 visa card is there any other way to add funds to my wallet?

While personally I think Monster Hunter is fantastic so far it's definitely not for everyone. There is alot of grinding / farming involved in it to make little progress.

And there is ALOT to it, it can be very overwhelming. Definitely not one you can jump into for quick sessions it needs a lot of time and thought to get anywhere.

It has that Dark Souls level of difficulty and actually a similar style of combat but has alot of MMO style qualities that go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LazyBaker

seeing as I can't add funds to my wallet with my o2 visa card is there any other way to add funds to my wallet?

The easiest way is buying a PSN voucher from a store. gamestop and xtravision have them, in €20 and €50 variations. 3V cards also work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Have you tried adding funds through a PS3 or PSP yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement