Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

See what happens when the Chinese DONT copy someone else ...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I tell you what I've been told that a luxury Taiwan car maker has been assessing the uk and Irish markets recently as a launch pad in to Europe. I'm told the cars are ACTUALLY good but I don't foresee many buyers myself. Luxgen is the manufacturer in question.

If anyone has any interest in this random info I'll dig out the car they are thinking about bringing over as it doesn't appear on the site from what I can see but I think it was called the Luxgen 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 brnlghln

Saab Ed wrote: »

I drove a Chery QQ last month. A little animal of a 1L.
    It was a rental, on the flat, straight roads of Uruguay.

Took her to 140kmph at times over about 500km of road.

Besides the decidedly clunky gearbox and plastic trim I really couldn't fault it. That said, the Uruguayans don't hold Chinese cars in the same regard as European/Japanese, and they should know better than most as Chinese cars are the norm down there these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I tell you what I've been told that a luxury Taiwan car maker has been assessing the uk and Irish markets recently as a launch pad in to Europe. I'm told the cars are ACTUALLY good but I don't foresee many buyers myself. Luxgen is the manufacturer in question.

If anyone has any interest in this random info I'll dig out the car they are thinking about bringing over as it doesn't appear on the site from what I can see but I think it was called the Luxgen 5

looks kind of like an accord to me. Looks good but it will never sell here , 1.8 and 2.0 - no povpaddy will buy it unless they develop a 1.2 version

Advertisement