Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

September 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭d4b

Thanks Karmella it was fab!!!

Is anyone getting really sporadic twinges down below, like pulling and stretching. Really started yesterday for me, book says growing pains ....

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I get them on and off, my doc says it's very normal and happens to pretty much everyone at one stage of pregnancy or another.

I had my booking appointment today and it went great, relieved and delighted. Almost 13 weeks now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

I get those twinges too. They seem to come in spurts, like I'll have a few one day and none for a while. The first sore one freaked me out but I guess it is just stuff growing and stretching in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Yes they are terrible amd those pains like u have just done the splits...
    I had them bad before starting early this time

14 weeks now for me. The last 7ish weeks have gone by faster than I expected, that's what sleeping all the time does! Thankfully the exhaustion and nausea are easing off a bit now. Here's to trimester number 2.

• Advertisement

14 weeks now for me. The last 7ish weeks have gone by faster than I expected, that's what sleeping all the time does! Thankfully the exhaustion and nausea are easing off a bit now. Here's to trimester number 2.

Thats great you are feeling a bit better . At last those early weeks are so hard

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Well ladies I've had an absolute roller coaster of a week, major moan ahead...

Had the scan and that was all lovely, and then on Saturday my husband and I pretty much split up. It's been a very very long time coming, we've both been in denial for ages. I'm so angry with myself for getting pregnant again, and with him for agreeing to even try. He's been out of the house since Saturday, and trying to find somewhere to stay now.

I'm devastated for our 3 yr old, as is he, he's the only reason he didn't leave before. He says I deserve someone better who will look after me, but that's a bit rich, like who am I going to meet at 40 with 2 young kids in tow?? I'm 38 now. We're not even married 4 years but have been together for 15. I feel like it's all been a waste and for nothing.

But we are trying to be calm and mature and not let it descend into bitterness & hatred. I don't know is there any hope for us. It just sucks really :-(

I've been a mess all week, I was only able to face going back to work today. But I have some great friends who really stepped up and looked after me and my son over the weekend. They are all his friends originally, but are all disgusted with him.

I haven't told my family yet - only just announced the pregnancy a week ago!! It's going to break my father's heart and I can't do it to him yet. He's had to deal with my brother go thru the messiest most horrible break up & divorce over the last 7 years, and now this will kill him. At 75 the poor man should be able to kick back and just enjoy his grand kids with no stress and he does for the most part (there are 8 so far!). I'm his youngest and the only girl...

Real life sucks :-(. Thanks for letting me tell my tale ... I'm going to try and enjoy this pregnancy but it's going to be so tough.

Wow that is a hell of a rough week, karmella. So sorry to hear that it's not working out with your husband. Life can indeed suck. It won't have been for nothing, come sept you'll have not one but two wonderful children from it. If it helps, then post here all you want. Take care of yourself and let your friends take care of you and your son too.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Karmella what a week from hell. I can't even imagine what you're going through coping with the pregnancy and husband issues at the same time. As madeinamerica said feel free to post here as we're all here to support each other.

Pregnancy is such a stressful for you and your partner at the best of time and can put stress on the strongest if relationships. Maybe now you're not under the same roof would be a good time to go for counselling? I came to the realisation a few years ago that sometimes we don't have the skills to solve problems ourselves which results in us following the same pattern yet expecting a different outcome. A fresh perspective from a professional may out you on a path you never expected, whether that be together or alone. Please PM if you'd like to chat or anything and hold on to the great support system you have x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Sorry to hear you're going through a hard time Karmella. It's great that you have support from true friends though during this difficult time.

• Advertisement

Thanks ladies for all your kind words ... In some ways it's like a fog has been lifted, and I am seeing clearly for the first time in a very long time. Deep down I think i knew he didn't love me (he finally admitted it on Saturday) but I just would not accept it - he also convinced me otherwise every time I brought it up. He is a coward who wouldn't admit it to himself even. And outside of all that, he is a wonderful dad, our son adores him, he's just a sh1t husband.

Anyway, just taking it one day at a time for now, have almost forgotten about the little bean inside me! Definite bump there now, I finally caved and broke into the maternity wardrobe on Sunday!

Maybe TMI but my boobs are itchy as hell today!!!!

Oh I'm the same, my boobs have been sore and itchy since day one. And I'm really struggling with fatigue, by 7pm I'm so exhausted my body goes numb and I can't move!

Oh I'm the same, my boobs have been sore and itchy since day one. And I'm really struggling with fatigue, by 7pm I'm so exhausted my body goes numb and I can't move!

My boobs and around my mid area can get mad itchy too. I've tried using dry skin moisturiser but it's only ok. My other half was in Ireland for a fortnight recently and a very thoughtful friend who is a new mum sent him back over with some great cream for me, "Palmers" for stretch marks I think. It feels really good! (And she also gave him some Sudocream for when the baba arrives, in case we can't get it here, she is such a dote).

Oh yes the palmers cocoa butter is just yum, I must get some more. Unfortunately I was too lazy about using cream last time, but had no marks to speak of and in the last 2 weeks I just ballooned and got covered in them! :-/. I had a big baby, he was 9lb6 and 5 days early!! And it's funny cos he's a tiny little fella now, it's only in the last 6 months that he's been able to wear 2-3 pants, they were falling off him! He's 3 since January.

I presume this little babs will be big too...

How are ye all feeling? I'm still waiting for the exhaustion to go away, it's not happening and my house is like a bomb hit it :-/

9lbs 6 is HUGE!! :)

How many weeks is everybody now? I am almost 14 weeks. Had my booking app last week and consultant said that baby looks perfect and all is well. I still have moments of anxiety though. Sometimes I wish we could have a daily sneak peak inside us to check up on the baby!

I'm 15 weeks today. Got a bit of a bump, although it looks more like a bit of a fat belly but it is hard :eek:

I'm with you on the anxiety thing. I nearly wish I had a window in my belly so I could see in. You know, like one of those ovens with a window in the door so you can see what's cooking without opening the door!

14 weeks tomorrow and house is a disaster area too, I can manage my days work but I'm confined to the sofa come evening. I have three energetic dogs who are being very patient with me, they normally get walked an hour and a half each day but down to an hour atm as just can't manage it in the evenings. Really wish we all had that little oven door, 21 week scan seems miles away!

Wow, you're going to have 4 babies to look after so come September ;-) fair dues for even getting an hours walk in! I haven't walked anywhere in weeks!

I'm starting yoga tomorrow though, loved it last time.... Would highly recommend!!

Ooh let me know how that goes Karmella, where I am you can do either pregnancy yoga or aqua aerobics - annoyingly they are on the same night so you have to choose one or the other. Thinking about starting with the yoga next week so would love to hear how people find it!

Yeah a window on our bellies would be great, just to have a little look sometimes. Glad to know I'm not the only one :)

• Advertisement

Got our 15week check up, just took my weight, blood pressure and listened to the heart beat on a little hand held thing (dunno what it was called). Pretty quick really. Heart beat was flying it! I've recently got a rash on my hand and shin, doc reckons it's fungal (ewww) and recommended a cream. the joys of pregnancy immune system. All good though!

Happy Mothers-to-be Day! How is everyone doing?

Happy Mothers-to-be Day! How is everyone doing?

Happy mothers day!!
    Feeling better 17 weeks.
    Off to worknow ......

Thanks madeinamerica, same to you :-) although I have been insisting I'm not technically a mother yet I know there's a card and a little pressie coming from my OH later. Scary to think this time next year there will be a little person in the house too...

Hey ladies, hope ye all enjoy the day :) May as well take advantage even if ye are mommies to be!!!

Daddy has just taken the small man out for the day so I can relax and do nothing. Bliss!

(must not look at all the house work that needs to be done .... Must not look) Will probably try and catch up with a couple friends later...

15 weeks tomorrow, the energy is starting to return finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

What time do you ladies stay awake till in the evening?

17 weeks in & I'm still struggling to stay awake past 10pm.

Will this pass?

Will this pass?

:-) probably not !!!
    Is this your first second third or ....

Im on no 3 and i do be struggling at 10 but i feel now its best to go when the body says its tired as if u get overtired you suffer next day .
    I find with two young girls who are non stop too and dont let me sit for a minute so i wish then at those times i went to bed early !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Will this pass?

Oh god make the most of it!

When I was pregnant, I used to go to bed around 7pm, and sleep 12 hours! I'd love that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Will this pass?

Even before getting pregnant I'd head for bed at 10pm. I'm up early though, usually at 06:30 so I need to. I'm in my 14th week now and am in my bed at 10 pm every night.

• Advertisement

Oh god make the most of it!

When I was pregnant, I used to go to bed around 7pm, and sleep 12 hours! I'd love that now!

Jesus really ??
    From the moment of conception im up and down 2-3 hourly aaah a disaster

Went for reflexology last night i slept from 10.45 till 5 am

That for me was the best night sleep ive had in months n months

Advertisement