Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Introduce yourself / Roll call 2011-2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DanielL

yeah he was a good teacher and absolutely hilarious could break you down to pieces when needed to many a run ins with him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Aww I didnt get no waste of time classes like Sudoku. =[ Im in 2nd year computing now. I'm the guy in green you all probably see going around the labs/canteen. =P

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

I'm Lisa. Getting stuck into 3rd year AV (if anyone calls it CDM, we are in the practise of shooting them ... with chair guns)

I plan on getting properly involved this year - watch this space; I'll probably end up procrastinating like a boss

You'll find me in The Mezz. ALWAYS in The Mezz. With a coffee, on my latop, among a loud group of nerds. I'm the one blonde chick amongst the madness - Linoud being one of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Devilman

now now Lisa..the 4th years in that group arent loud :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Im finished in IT Tallaght, but graduated in 2002 Applied Chemistry. Now doing PhD in University Bordeaux, and will finish in 2 months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NS_Southsider

Hi,

Graduated in 2004 with a Degree in Manufacturing.

Back P/T in Feb to do a Masters in Pharma Production

Anybody doing (or done) this course?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

Hi,

Graduated in 2004 with a Degree in Manufacturing.

Back P/T in Feb to do a Masters in Pharma Production

Anybody doing (or done) this course?

Cheers

yeah i'm doing it, finishing in jan, good course, big thing is getting your thesis project up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bren_C

Hi,

In 3rd year BBS (Managment) part time, was in DIT when I did the full time course (Chemistry) and think ITT isn't too bad at all

Bren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭moonstreet

hi all, Im one of the oldies (gosh cant believe Ive just typed that....ugh shivers, dont feel THAT old) I did the Professional Cookery /Chef Training course way back in 1996/1997. Im from Tallaght but now Im living in London, and still working in the catering industry, just not as a chef anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 quinny24

Im a third year computer student out on work experience in RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

I'm going in to first year Energy and Enviornmental Engineering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I'm staring a level 8 degree in DNA and Forensics :) can't wait to start was in on tuesday and wednesday for the workshop and i love the IT so far :D people are so friendly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Generation Terrorist

First Year in European Studies

Really like the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Just started into second year of Computing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

3rd Year computers, first year in ITT. Handy enough so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭AdolfHipster

xdsefwr

• Registered Users Posts: 9 menina_raquel

3rd year in computing as erasmus

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

well HELLLOOOO there. I am me! and today (well yesterday now!!) i got my CAO offer of Culinary Arts in ITT so I shall be joining ye fine ppls in September.

Cannot wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 menina_raquel

Hi !!

Are you an erasmus student too ? Did you find a house ?

i'm not an erasmus student. i live in wicklow, so i don't need somewhere to stay, good luck though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭ Chloe Gigantic Percussionist

Thread title updated.....just so it makes more sense for people new to the forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

Hi I'm starting the part-time Bsc in IT mngt. this year. Anyone on the forum doing this course!? Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Heading into second year computing in september, if any new students have questions about the computing course or the college feel free to ask here or pm me. Best of luck to those hoping to get in this year

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭theGavin

Heading into second year of Computing in September, hopefully its as fun as first year.

Tips for incoming first years:
    1 . Do Not waste your money on the food in the canteen. That place is evil, and the food is terrible and overpriced (no offence to the cooks..actually, yes, offence intentional)

2. If you drive a car, be wary about driving to the college after 9am. The carpark fills up quicker than a €10 prostitute.

3. If you do decided to drive to college, and are left waiting for a car spot, DO NOT trust the first student that walks out of the college and says "Ah yeah, my mo-mo is just over here, I'm leaving now". These people will make you follow them, they will run away, and you will lose you place in the queue.

4. Trust NO ONE in your class. If you are required to do a project which is a lot of marks and very important, keep that $hit safe. No-one will ever like you in your class. This is the truth. Everyone is out to get you. Even the lecturers. Especially the lecturers. Maybe even your parents.

5. Deadlines aren't important. It's just a number that your lecturer likes.

6. The good news is that the ATM on the second floor hands you out €10 notes. Bad news is that it charges you for €20.

7. The janitor doesn't have sweets in his utils room. Don't believe him.

8. If you are ever bored, feel free to visit the Student Union. It can now fit up to 7 people :)

Hope ya'll enjoy your stay.

theGavin wrote: »
    Heading into second year of Computing in September, hopefully its as fun as first year.

1 . Do Not waste your money on the food in the canteen. That place is evil, and the food is terrible and overpriced (no offence to the cooks..actually, yes, offence intentional)

2. If you drive a car, be wary about driving to the college after 9am. The carpark fills up quicker than a €10 prostitute.

3. If you do decided to drive to college, and are left waiting for a car spot, DO NOT trust the first student that walks out of the college and says "Ah yeah, my mo-mo is just over here, I'm leaving now". These people will make you follow them, they will run away, and you will lose you place in the queue.

4. Trust NO ONE in your class. If you are required to do a project which is a lot of marks and very important, keep that $hit safe. No-one will ever like you in your class. This is the truth. Everyone is out to get you. Even the lecturers. Especially the lecturers. Maybe even your parents.

6. The good news is that the ATM on the second floor hands you out €10 notes. Bad news is that it charges you for €20.

8. If you are ever bored, feel free to visit the Student Union. It can now fit up to 7 people :)

Classic!

I had heard that the canteen food sucked rocks, so whenever someone finds a nice new place to get sambos (now that there is no londis) i could do with the heads up.

couple q's - does the atm REALLY charge you if you take out a 20? wtf for.
    - the parking thing, do you gotta get some sort of student parking permit or something from the college if you plan on parking there?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

hdowney wrote: »
    Classic!

I had heard that the canteen food sucked rocks, so whenever someone finds a nice new place to get sambos (now that there is no londis) i could do with the heads up.

- the parking thing, do you gotta get some sort of student parking permit or something from the college if you plan on parking there?

I dont know about the ATM thing, but you dont need a student parking permit, well you didnt last year but the college should bring one in, too many people just park in the college and go away for the day.

hdowney wrote: »
    theGavin wrote: »

Classic!

Haha no, the ATM doesn't charge you 20

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I dont know about the ATM thing, but you dont need a student parking permit, well you didnt last year but the college should bring one in, too many people just park in the college and go away for the day.

The SU were trying to bring in the carpark permit, not sure if anything has come of that mind you.

sugarman wrote: »
    No, it charges you FOR €20.

I meant it doesn't charge you 20e for taking out 10e

• Advertisement

The SU were trying to bring in the carpark permit, not sure if anything has come of that mind you.

Not being funny or anything , but what has the SU done recently apart from organize a party here and there?

Advertisement