Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

seligehgit wrote: »
    There's another version in the Google Play store.

It will be soon when it's upgraded to 4.3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

numorouno wrote: »
    It will be soon when it's upgraded to 4.3

My firmware is android 4.1.2 and the phone is rooted, how will it be possible to install the app in the link which is only compatible with android 4.3 without undoing the root??

My firmware is android 4.1.2 and the phone is rooted, how will it be possible to install the app in the link which is only compatible with android 4.3 without undoing the root??

Could you not upgrade your firmware with the Cyanogenmod nightlies

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

numorouno wrote: »
    Could you not upgrade your firmware with the Cyanogenmod nightlies

Know this is the wrong thread but any chance you could pm me how one does that or a link to same?

Know this is the wrong thread but any chance you could pm me how one does that or a link to same?

You'd have to unroot the phone and install a custom rom but it can damage your phone. You might be better off waiting for the official release. it can't be too far away with the announcements this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

This post has been deleted.

Are these still working?
    I'm still getting " program un available ,try again later " on everything I try to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Have you chacked to see if your VPN is actually fooling it into thinking you're in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

You know that Buzz Launcher on the previous page, I have the Apex Launcher set up just as I like it, if I try out the Buzz Launcher does anyone know if all that will be reset to default, icons rearranged etc or will the Apex app remember these things for the next time I launch it if I dont like Buzz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Thargor wrote: »
    You know that Buzz Launcher on the previous page, I have the Apex Launcher set up just as I like it, if I try out the Buzz Launcher does anyone know if all that will be reset to default, icons rearranged etc or will the Apex app remember these things for the next time I launch it if I dont like Buzz?

I use Nova so i'm not 100% sure with Apex but most launchers have a "Backup" option that you can use if you have an SD card. With Nova, all I have to do is change it back to the default launcher and it keeps all my icons/wallpapers etc. they were before I switch launchers.

• Advertisement

Tried it there and it just switched back to Apex once I uninstalled it.

Some nice options but they're all basically unusable compared to a simple grid option and your own homescreen widgets. Well not unusable you could still use them obviously but why would you want to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Xbox music is finally available for Android.
    Music streaming service similar to Spotify and all access, will be interesting to see how it compares.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Some nice options but they're all basically unusable compared to a simple grid option and your own homescreen widgets. Well not unusable you could still use them obviously but why would you want to?

Yeah I gave it a quick try too. Its pretty cool but I couldn't find any theme that particularly liked plus no way I could find to change/delete number of homescreens. I can't resist messing around with my homescreen but I always end up coming back to the same basic thing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There was one I really liked that was just too limited. A few small changes to how it worked would have mede it vastly more customisable.

Yeah I got excited at first because I thought it was going to be an express route to the awesome set-ups we see in the post your homescreen thread but its too restrictive, big error icons for the apps you havent installed instead of just the option to put a different app there? As well as taking on the look the other person created you seem to be expected to use the same apps as them aswell...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm looking for a video app, like Vine or Instagram video - without the 15 second limit. I particularly like the Push and Hold to record, and also how instagram lets you delete the last recorded section. Is there anything like this does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

What DNS settings/service are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭pah

Switched to Google Play All Access the other day. Its not really all access. Some albums from Google play store don't seem to be available on it.

Though i switched for the sheer reason that the subscription will come out from my unused three credit. Its also a bit cheaper at the moment.

Let's see how long it takes for me to go back to spotify. Spotify definitely has an easier to navigate and more pleasant UI. The Google music app seems to be a bit of a mess.

2 days until my spotify sub is renewed. Trying to decide between that and Google which I started the free month nearly 3 weeks ago.

I prefer spotify but the home screen widget doesn't work well for me, keeps forgetting what was being played and it's 9.99.

Google music is cheaper at 7.99 and the widget is perfect but i don't find the radio as good, spotify plays song after song thati like whereas Google is a bit hit and miss.

What do people prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I prefer Google Music, cancelled my Spotify already. The UI is nicer imo and I find the opposite of what you said with the radio.

The best feature of all access though I find is the way it caches stuff automatically so when you have no connection you have a nice collection of music sitting on your phone. For me it picks some from my library and some I've been streaming, if I'm stuck with in a black spot or something I just put it on random and it plays good song after good song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

pah wrote: »
    2 days until my spotify sub is renewed. Trying to decide between that and Google which I started the free month nearly 3 weeks ago.

I prefer spotify but the home screen widget doesn't work well for me, keeps forgetting what was being played and it's 9.99.

Google music is cheaper at 7.99 and the widget is perfect but i don't find the radio as good, spotify plays song after song thati like whereas Google is a bit hit and miss.

What do people prefer?

Spotify for me, not having a cross fade was the final straw for me. All access seemed to be loading in between songs and also was just too slow and cumbersome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Spotify for me, not having a cross fade was the final straw for me. All access seemed to be loading in between songs and also was just too slow and cumbersome.

Spotify has a crossfader?

Wow, I'll be djing on my Android.... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

pah wrote: »

What do people prefer?

I actually found the radio feature to be miles ahead. I do prefer Spotify in the UI dept., but 7.99 coming out of my 3 credit means free music subscription :)

The only thing that wrecks my head is that Google play has disabled the music to SD card feature. Keeps filling up my memory all the time. Can't make full use of my 64gb card vs spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I actually found the radio feature to be miles ahead. I do prefer Spotify in the UI dept., but 7.99 coming out of my 3 credit means free music subscription :)

The only thing that wrecks my head is that Google play has disabled the music to SD card feature. Keeps filling up my memory all the time. Can't make full use of my 64gb card vs spotify.

How does it come out of your 3 credit mate!?? Music to SD would be so sweet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

madmoe wrote: »
    How does it come out of your 3 credit mate!?? Music to SD would be so sweet!!

Any 3 customer can set up 3 carrier billing by going to Google Wallet and setting it up there as a payment option ( search the boards, it's been covered a million times)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Any 3 customer can set up 3 carrier billing by going to Google Wallet and setting it up there as a payment option ( search the boards, it's been covered a million times)

OK.....I'm only asking!! May have been covered a million times but I have not read about it on here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

is there an app that i could could get to download podcasts and play them offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

is there an app that i could could get to download podcasts and play them offline?
    I use BeyondPod and haven't had any issues with it. Worth paying for the full version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.beyondpod&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

BeyondPod, there is free and paid versions, both work very well and support downloading episodes to your device for offline use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Beyondpod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

I use BeyondPod and haven't had any issues with it. Worth paying for the full version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.beyondpod&hl=en
    ^^
    This
    Have tried many others but this is just the job.
    Though I just see it as my "Second Captains" app

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement