Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

chrislad wrote: »
    Falcon looks lovely, and I'm not that fussed about push notifications (can always leave the official client running anyways for that)

True. Falcon is the nicest looking without a doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yeah, that's perfect. Simple looking, elegant and just nice to use. Thanks very much! It might do push now - when loading my tweets, I got notifications for DMs, but that could just have been a notification from when I opened it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

chrislad wrote: »
    Yeah, that's perfect. Simple looking, elegant and just nice to use. Thanks very much! It might do push now - when loading my tweets, I got notifications for DMs, but that could just have been a notification from when I opened it up!

It streams over wi-fi which would cause it. Dont think it does over mobile networks

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭pedatron

BopNiblets wrote: »

Nice app. really like it. How to I disable my stock messaging app and I can give it a proper go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

BopNiblets wrote: »

looks really good, but was it just me or does it take an age to open. i used it for an hour last night and took couple mins each time to open when got a message and crashed 4 times?

I'll keep an eye on it though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

eoferrall wrote: »
    looks really good, but was it just me or does it take an age to open. i used it for an hour last night and took couple mins each time to open when got a message and crashed 4 times?

I'll keep an eye on it though.

I find it slow to open as well.. I like it, although nice, this along with no MMS support makes it a little impractical to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

pedatron wrote: »

Nice app. really like it. How to I disable my stock messaging app and I can give it a proper go?
    In the stock app. There is a setting to turn off notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

RangeR wrote: »
    In the stock app. There is a setting to turn off notifications.
    That's what I did too.
    It's not too slow for me, 1s to open, maybe because it loads more of the messages in the app stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Super Hexagon is now available for Android. Haven't played it but it's got some really good reviews. Made by an Irish developer and only 70c at the moment. Gonna give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

Everyone get this game. Probably the most addictive game you can play, it was a huge hit on Apple Store & Steam last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 freeeeezing

Super Hexagon is now available for Android. Haven't played it but it's got some really good reviews. Made by an Irish developer and only 70c at the moment. Gonna give it a go.

It didn't look that great from the video but I got it as it was from an Irish dev. That is one addictive game.

ongarite wrote: »
    Everyone get this game. Probably the most addictive game you can play, it was a huge hit on Apple Store & Steam last year.

Purchased this last night on the strength of above. Good game. Can't get past 9.2 seconds. It's good, but it ain't all that.

On a serious note. Epilepsy anyone? A little less in / out and less flashing would be a better experience. I can't play it anymore.

Purchased this last night on the strength of above. Good game. Can't get past 9.2 seconds. It's good, but it ain't all that.

On a serious note. Epilepsy anyone? A little less in / out and less flashing would be a better experience. I can't play it anymore.

I bought it because I'd heard of it and knew it was an Irish dev. Not usually a fan of fast-paced games on phones but it's my new favourite game. The controls work really well. Takes a while to get used to the style and sometimes I still get lost and aim for a wall but it's great fun. One of those "one more go" games. I've managed over 30s on all the modes but can't quite break the 45s barrier. I think my record is something like 44.59.

I know what you mean. I was seeing spinning pulses when I closed my eyes. Part of the fun for me though. Reminds me of when I used to play hours of Tetris and then dream in Tetriminos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gnarlyone

My favourite free productivity apps are probably:

Remember the Milk, for reminders
    Note Everything, tis a truly awesome multipurpose notepad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I used Springpad & before that Evernote... But now I have moved over to Catch. Its the simplest and most versatile place for notes, lists and just collecting things. Google calendar is still my defacto place for reminders

And my favourite free game at the mo for when im not productive ;) is prob:
    Asterism, bubble-shooter type puzzle game with rebounding shots

must try catch, looks good. did like Evernote too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭dougm1970

is there any app that would be similar to tv guide or sky+ app where i can see a listing of uk and ireland tv.....AND...be able to click on an upcoming programme and set a reminder ??

i should add that i have zeebox installed which is almost very good...but...the notifications cant be set say 15 mins before and the notification sound is very low...very low...and no obvious way to change that....landscape grid view would be good too

dougm1970 wrote: »
    is there any app that would be similar to tv guide or sky+ app where i can see a listing of uk and ireland tv.....AND...be able to click on an upcoming programme and set a reminder ??

i should add that i have zeebox installed which is almost very good...but...the notifications cant be set say 15 mins before and the notification sound is very low...very low...and no obvious way to change that....landscape grid view would be good too

Try this. VERY nice.
    Sorry. Should have read the entire post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

It didn't look that great from the video but I got it as it was from an Irish dev. That is one addictive game.
    Ditto, it's very good. And very difficult. I wouldn't mind an "I'm crap at this game let me slow it down till I get used to it" option.
    Definitely liking the sound but the visuals while mesmerising could be toned down a fraction.

• Advertisement

Try this. VERY nice.
    Sorry. Should have read the entire post.

I haven't tried it but the developer has a beta version of the app that says it does reminders too. I only noticed it in the "More from developer" section when I clicked your link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

dougm1970 wrote: »

Keoli TV should do all of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sliding Messaging got an update today and while not lightning quick, there's definitely an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I find TV listings Ireland very good. Play store

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anyone recommend a good keyboard that predicts words, but works in every text field? I use swiftkey, but it doesn't give me predictions when typing on boards, or internet forums. Just for messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

SwiftKey predicts on touch. boards. ie for me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Idleater wrote: »
    SwiftKey predicts on touch. boards. ie for me

I hate the touch version, I use the full site. Although, might use touch if the keyboard works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Simona1986 wrote: »
    I can't get this to work. The website is just saying that "The Google Play music player is currently available in select territories."?
    Follow this guide, simples :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Cienciano wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good keyboard that predicts words, but works in every text field? I use swiftkey, but it doesn't give me predictions when typing on boards, or internet forums. Just for messages.

Swiftkey works across the board for me, only places I have noticed it not predicting text is URL fields and username/password fields.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Anyone use pocket casts podcast player and find it not working for the last week?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement