Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplements

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

How do you know it was opened?

it was resealed with tape that had 'Customs' all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

it was resealed with tape that had 'Customs' all over it

Jeez thats odd, maybe they had reason to believe it was some sort of drug hoist?

Not saying it was but maybe at the time they were expecting some foreign drugs to be sent in this way?

yeah I thought it was odd too-I wonder do they open packages if theyre from littlewoods or the like?

yeah I thought it was odd too-I wonder do they open packages if theyre from littlewoods or the like?

It'd be interesting to know alright, but as long as your pouches/tubs weren't tampered with I don't see a reason to have a cause for concern

nah all was fine that way, nothing tampered with, I just dont like my stuff getting messed with for no reason.
    When customs pull me in person I dont mind as Id probably stop me too, Ive a 50% search rate at knock airport over the last 5 years :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

nah all was fine that way, nothing tampered with, I just dont like my stuff getting messed with for no reason.
    When customs pull me in person I dont mind as Id probably stop me too, Ive a 50% search rate at knock airport over the last 5 years :rolleyes:
    Those bastard nuns

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'd say its just a random check. I wouldn't think it unusual.
    It would be a bit silly if they believed what the label said all the time without checking occasionally.

Certainly wouldn't be worried either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I have ordered from myprotein several times before and all orders arrived within 4 days.

I ordered from them again 2 days ago and only received my dispatched email this evening and in the email the estimated date of delivery was 13th of December.

This is mental, what the hell is their problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

Liam90 wrote: »
    I have ordered from myprotein several times before and all orders arrived within 4 days.

I ordered from them again 2 days ago and only received my dispatched email this evening and in the email the estimated date of delivery was 13th of December.

santa letters clogging the postal system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

They don't use DPD anymore. They use MHI which uses An Post.

• Advertisement

Dka e80 wrote: »

Has the site been taken down? Ive tried a few links and all Im getting is 404's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Took me 3 weeks to get my order, all other times i used them it was pretty quick tho.

if they're using an post I'd say deliveries will be pretty slow especially at this time of the year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 blighter

Crasp wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie lately? I ordered some stuff over a week ago, still not here. Supposed to be next day delivery. They won't answer calls or emails.

Yes, I believe they turned into a scam website. I've placed an order, paid and no sign of goods being delivered. Impossible to contact them in any way. Already reported to hotline.ie and going to report to Garda as well. The owners of this site run another scam website todaysdeals.ie.

Do a credit card chargeback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

or if you are based in Dublin just visit them in person

Do a credit card chargeback?

I used a virtual visa card. Reported to them as well, they are processing it but not sure regarding the outcome. With a normal cc I would be much more confident to get the money back. (well, at least they don't have my actual cc details).

Jarren wrote: »
    or if you are based in Dublin just visit them in person

Believe me, I would be there straight away but they provide no physical address and after some additional research it links to a virtual office in Dublin 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

They don't use DPD anymore. They use MHI which uses An Post.

DPD delivered to me last Thursday (29th). Ordered on Monday delivered on Thursday.

DM-BM wrote: »
    DPD delivered to me last Thursday (29th). Ordered on Monday delivered on Thursday.

Must've added them back after their trust pilot dropped to 7.4

One of the lads on Muscletalk had his package end up in Germany and had to wait for them to get DPD to ship it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

FSV from memory were/are based out in Greenouge (sp) in Rathcoole.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 walktheline

They are based above Rathcoole motors. Owner of business is Brendan Sheenhan bother of actor Robert Sheehan who plays Darren in Love Hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 walktheline

Nidge might get your money back for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I am 3 weeks waiting on a package from MP.
    Must have phoned 5 times about it as the delivery address in the email was wrong. Tracking it has been a joke as it went from UK to Germany to Athlone to Dublin to "Address unknown". Been talking to a decent enough lad there who seems as sick of the mess as I am. Upshot is they sent another - but I notice the delivery address on the is incomplete again so it looks like we start over again :rolleyes:
    Running low now so not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Regarding FSV.ie, I'm going to the bank tomorrow to cancel my credit card payment and try to get my money back. 10 days later, no sign of delivery, no email response, no phone response, answering machine can no longer receive messages (full).

So they've all died or ****ed off abroad or something.. Either way I'm getting my money back. It was a large order. Ordered off them before and had a great experience, so it's a shame.

Never been in this situation before :S

10% off discountsupplements this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I just had an unpleasant experience with MP which, through their own incompetence, turned into a good experience! I ordered 4 bags of Impact Whey Protein and after 2 weeks, the shipping information disappeared from the courier. I called to complain and the guy I spoke to said they had no record of the package at all and that it was either returned or lost, so he sent the order out again. The day after, I received the original package and today (a week later) received another package with the same contents, so I got double the order for free :) That'll keep me going for a while and in future I'll just order well in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

SuprSi wrote: »
    I just had an unpleasant experience with MP which, through their own incompetence, turned into a good experience! I ordered 4 bags of Impact Whey Protein and after 2 weeks, the shipping information disappeared from the courier. I called to complain and the guy I spoke to said they had no record of the package at all and that it was either returned or lost, so he sent the order out again. The day after, I received the original package and today (a week later) received another package with the same contents, so I got double the order for free :) That'll keep me going for a while and in future I'll just order well in advance.

You jammy bastid... what flavors did you order? intrigued by banoffe but i dunno should i risk it..

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

jugger0 wrote: »
    You jammy bastid... what flavors did you order? intrigued by banoffe but i dunno should i risk it..

Bought banoffe flavoured Kinetica protein before, loved life for the first few days. Then I got unbelievably sick of it and struggled through the rest of the tub.

Oisín

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

jugger0 wrote: »

I went for Strawberry Cream, Banana (which I mix together), Chocolate Coconut and Banoffee. I just tried the Banoffee this morning and it's lovely, much more toffee than banana but tastes really good. If you haven't already tried it, I'd highly recommend the Rhubarb & Custard. If you liked the boiled sweets of the same name you'll love this as it tastes exactly the same.

Advertisement