Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dog Licenses

Options
  • 01-09-2009 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up - the Dog Warden was going around houses in my area (Dub 9) last night checking for dog licenses. If the dog is over 4 months you're supposed to get a license. Our baby is only 8 weeks so we were ok but we got one from the warden anways (€12.70) since he was there and we had change!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Quite right
    http://www.irishdogs.ie/information/Control%20of%20Dogs.htm

you can get them at your local post offices too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

He was a really friendly guy! He also told us we can get free pooper-scooper bags from the Civic Offices :D
    I wonder howmany people try not to get one
    Knock on door
    woof woof woof
    "Do you have a dog?"
    "No?"

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055634768
    has been discussed before. It's like tv licenses, some people won't dare have a tv without one, some rather not to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Well the local authorities in Dublin have been complaining about the shortfall in revenue due to the lack of new development fees so they need to get the money somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Do they keep a record of your license? I bought one, but lost it. If the warden knocks, would he be able to accept that and check?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Do they keep a record of your license? I bought one, but lost it. If the warden knocks, would he be able to accept that and check?

I get a reminder every year from the County Council to renew my license with the license number indicated. They have a record of your license so I reckon the warden could trace your license.

Also afaik - the paper your license is written on is lets say the top copy? You know when there's pages that you write on the top one and it imprints on the bottom?
    Because they'd use that for records and to send you out your reminder so I wouldn't worry much if you've lost your license.

Advertisement