Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mustang 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I suspect they'll be pricey enough.

A Focus ST2 is touching €40k new so a 2.3T 305bhp Mustang must surely be a fair bit north of that again?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the 2.3T in the slightest, look at the way things are going regarding turbocharging and combined electric and small block models.

305bp and 0-100kph in 5.9 seconds is great performance for any car, let alone one of this size and weight.

It's not as if they've put a 200-220bhp turbo charged 1.6 in there. The only reason it seems slightly lacking is because it's constantly compared to the V8.

As a standalone car, i'd have one in a second. Lets not forget that 99% of people out there don't even know what a V8 is and lets face it, this car is a showpiece.
    The 2.3T will get the knickers off just as quick. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

It would be nice if they put a cross plane crank on it to give it the V8 burble while still being an i4. Would be great.

Like in the Yamaha R1.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭SuperO'B

R.O.R wrote: »
    European embargo on information release until the middle of next week, but info should be loaded up to the Ford website as soon as it's available.

Check Ford.ie for info next Wednesday / Thursday and hopefully there will be something there.

Thanks, appreciate it.

I agree with Voodoomelon, take the 2.3t as a standalone car outside of the V8 and it's got nice specs on it. Everyone would love a 5.0 V8 but to honest, I like the interior and exterior a lot and 310hp is loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

E2350 a year is the top rate of emissions motor tax! LOL and I though the E1809 was off the wall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭cena

Well the Eco mustang be cheap? Like less than 30,000

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

cena wrote: »
    Well the Eco mustang be cheap? Like less than 30,000

No

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

We'll have to call it the "eco-stang":P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I'll wait for the 1.0T Ecoboost version. :) :P

Seems the 3.7 V6 has much the same 0-60 as the Ecoboost:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭noelf

Idbatterim wrote: »
    E2350 a year is the top rate of emissions motor tax! LOL and I though the E1809 was off the wall!

The golf R tax is only €570 a year plus 4 wheel drive with the same bhp as the mustang ........

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭SuperO'B

noelf wrote: »
    The golf R tax is only €570 a year plus 4 wheel drive with the same bhp as the mustang ........

Ya thats fair enough if you really like Golfs and are torn between the two but there's more factors than just pure bhp. I'm sure they probably could've done more on the emissions front but that might've meant a smaller engine again.

What you reckon the depreciation difference would be on the two cars? I could see the Mustangs holding pretty ok if there aren't loads sold so maybe the golf would depreciate at more or even close to the difference in tax levels which would cancel out.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

My granny drives a golf... not a Ford Mustang...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

V6 power delivery vs 4 cylinder power delivery though. Only one winner there ;) Tax isnt everything. Also - granny comment:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

RedorDead wrote: »
    V6 power delivery vs 4 cylinder power delivery though. Only one winner there

The ecoboost is a four pot

Crasp wrote: »

Your granny has great taste ;) the mustang has been delayed for sale in Europe due to poor ride quality according to Autocar recently of the top 20 new cars on sale the golf R is in the number one spot .. but of course the mustang is a cool car

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Quote of the year so far for me! :)

All references to v8 versus euro econo engine aside, I hope this mustang is more closely alligned to the most recent outgoing model and the original 'stangs from the 60's and early 70's - than the crappy fox body mustang of the 80's-90's

Volkswagen Golf American car of the year 2015 .. and it has beaten the Ford Mustang ..

When are prices being announced for the Mustang?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Volkswagen Golf American car of the year 2015 .. and it has beaten the Ford Mustang ..

Do you work for VW ?

jesus.....

listermint wrote: »
    Do you work for VW ?

jesus.....

No ..

listermint wrote: »
    Do you work for VW ?

jesus.....

No .. http://Europe.autonews.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I had the previous model for two weeks about a year and a half ago when visiting the US. It was the basic model not even the GT and while it looked really nice and was a nice summer ride (open top) it wasn't much of a sports car or even a sporty car. The one thing that I still remember though was how you got a projection of the mustang logo onto the tarmac when you opened the doors at night. Right into that space where you enter the car. There were little projectors built into the rear view mirrors, cheap enough gimmick I guess but it really appealed to the little boy in me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Boskowski wrote: »
    I had the previous model for two weeks about a year and a half ago when visiting the US. It was the basic model not even the GT and while it looked really nice and was a nice summer ride (open top) it wasn't much of a sports car or even a sporty car. The one thing that I still remember though was how you got a projection of the mustang logo onto the tarmac when you opened the doors at night. Right into that space where you enter the car. There were little projectors built into the rear view mirrors, cheap enough gimmick I guess but it really appealed to the little boy in me. :)

This is such another aspect of the Mustang. Deep down, I just want to drive around in one, dreaming I'm a modern day Steve McQueen in a car chase through the streets of San Francisco. :cool: (I'm sure I'm not the only one). You just don't get that with a Golf. :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The new car should be miles better - an independent rear suspension plus rhd for starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

I was all set to buy an MP4-12C but now I am sold on the golf...

I can't wait to drive to the shops and watch everyone's head turn as them exclaim "WOW, a volkswagen golf!"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

golf won in the hatchback and small car category.

If you would like to scroll down to top ranked affordable sports cars here :

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/

i think youll find the results are a little off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

golf won in the hatchback and small car category.

I thought it a bit strange that the Yanks would vote such a small car as car of the year

• Advertisement

Jesus. wrote: »
    I thought it a bit strange that the Yanks would vote such a small car as car of the year

In the small car category?

Advertisement