Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Efiber Upgrade Mess

• 12-05-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was wondering if anyone else had this happen to them,l was scheduled to get upgraded today,am appointment 9am-1pm,took the day off work for it as eircom don't do it on Saturdays,so 12pm came and l phoned just to check all was well,was told the technician might be held up on another job but all was fine,thats fine l said,1pm came and still no word,rang again to see could they ring the technician to see how things were going,she put me on hold for 8minutes and came back and said there wouldn't be anyone out today,theres been a problem of some sort,turns out after a few more calls to them and eventually getting to a manager the order didn't go through to KN technitial and KN knew nothing about me getting upgraded,they had to reschedule ! ! l'm shocked,l got a text message last week on Wednesday,Thursday and Friday along with a phone call on Friday to check l was ok for upgrade on Monday,l can't just take more time off work to get my internet upgraded and l have to give a months notice to get time off,the manager said he'd see if KN tech's could squeeze me in today or maybe give me a Saturday visit,l feel like l'm living on Craggy Island,really pee'd off with them if l never rang them l'd still be here waiting for a tech thats never gonna show up,l'm in virginia cavan,the manager said a few others didn't get upgraded today either because of same,

anyone else have this experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 andrewmac

l just had to add this cause its mad !! the manager l spoke to wasn't a manager he was someone in "escalations" ?? and his name isn't Jack as he told me,theres noboday called jack there,and the last guy l spoke to said it was KN's fault not theres? lol l was told the opposite earlier,also told no chance today,l can't believe l took a day off work for nothing and at short notice with out pay as well l only get paid for hours worked

• Registered Users Posts: 3 andrewmac

the saga continues............on an island far far away

l was phoned at 9:10am this morning by some girl and she gave the apoligies etc....l pointed out about Jack the great prentender,she said that he was her team leader which l dunno what that means the boy scouts have team leaders anyway she said she would make an appointment for me for tuesday and give me the number for KN and l could ring them myself and ask for a Saturday she put me on hold and went to get the number the phone went dead l tried to ring back and got an automated message "your through to eircom our office hours are from 9am to 5 pm please call back between those thimes" lol it was 9:20am at this stage (another craggy island moment)l tried again to ring at 10am and got the same automated message,heres the number she rang on 021-4641500,l got KN's number from the internet and explained l was given an appointment for tuesday and could l get a visit on saturday she said they can't scheule an appointment as they don't schedule appointments eircom do that and then send them on to them but she could put me on a list and if there was a late cancelation l would get an appointment which is usless,l rang the place l rang several times yesterday and she confirmed the appointment for tuesday,

now the question is what if any thing has been done differently this time to ensure KN got the appointment?

Advertisement