Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Here is the excel file of my list

Hospital Bag!!
    Labour Bag Got:Y/N
    Light Dressing Gown Y
    DisposableUndies Y
    Slippers Y
    2 nightdresses Y
    Make up wipes Y
    Toothpaste/brush Y
    Hairbrush/Bobbins Y
    Mosturiser Y
    Newborn Nappies x 2 Y
    Vest Y
    Babygrow Y
    Hat Y
    Fan N
    Hospital Notes Need to add to bag
    Camera Need to add to bag
    Lucazade Need to add to bag
    Water Bottle Need to add to bag

Ward Got:Y/N
    Camera Charger Need to add to bag
    Phone Charger Need to add to bag
    Nursing Bra's x 3 Y
    Breast Pads Y
    Maternity Pads Y
    Undies x 5 Y
    Button Up Pajamas(for bf) Y
    Flip Flops for Shower Y
    Towels Y
    Arnica Tabs Y
    Lanisoh Y
    5 vests Y
    5 baby grows Y
    Scratch Mitts Y
    Hat Y
    Blanket for baby Y
    5 bibs Y
    Nappies Y

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

javagal wrote: »
    Here is the excel file of my list

Hospital Bag!!
    Labour Bag Got:Y/N
    Light Dressing Gown Y
    DisposableUndies Y
    Slippers Y
    2 nightdresses Y
    Make up wipes Y
    Toothpaste/brush Y
    Hairbrush/Bobbins Y
    Mosturiser Y
    Newborn Nappies x 2 Y
    Vest Y
    Babygrow Y
    Hat Y
    Fan N
    Hospital Notes Need to add to bag
    Camera Need to add to bag
    Lucazade Need to add to bag
    Water Bottle Need to add to bag

Ward Got:Y/N
    Camera Charger Need to add to bag
    Phone Charger Need to add to bag
    Nursing Bra's x 3 Y
    Breast Pads Y
    Maternity Pads Y
    Undies x 5 Y
    Button Up Pajamas(for bf) Y
    Flip Flops for Shower Y
    Towels Y
    Arnica Tabs Y
    Lanisoh Y
    5 vests Y
    5 baby grows Y
    Scratch Mitts Y
    Hat Y
    Blanket for baby Y
    5 bibs Y
    Nappies Y
    Thanks Javagal!! Your so organised! I've saved the list to my desktop so hopefully will get my act together this week, it is scary now we're into single digit weeks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Hope you have all enjoyed the nice long weekend! makes a difference with the extra day! You all seem so organised with the hospital bags etc - I def have to start getting myself organised, have a list writted just need to do something about it!

have a question - is anybody biuying a breast pump and if so what type etc - or are you going to just wait and see?

Also is anyone buying one of the rockers /bouncers? I think they could be quite handy to put up on the table in the kitchen etc if you need a time to get food organised /prepared or would you just use the car seat thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    Hope you have all enjoyed the nice long weekend! makes a difference with the extra day! You all seem so organised with the hospital bags etc - I def have to start getting myself organised, have a list writted just need to do something about it!

have a question - is anybody biuying a breast pump and if so what type etc - or are you going to just wait and see?

Also is anyone buying one of the rockers /bouncers? I think they could be quite handy to put up on the table in the kitchen etc if you need a time to get food organised /prepared or would you just use the car seat thingy?
    My sister gave me a bouncer which vibrates, she got great use out of it with her little fella so I'm hoping it works out as well for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

We sorted baby's room today.
    I done some washing of blankets, sheets and towels. Baby clothes tomorrow or on Wednesday.

There is still a lot of things to be done, but we are getting there
    buba.jpg
    buba2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Java my bag for the labour ward is fine: but I need to put more in there because it won't fit in my ward bag!!

Just for the hosp bag aswell: a book or something! If you go in here anyway and not in active labour they will still keep you for awhile: and if you need to be induced its the same: hospital is seriously boring!

Kiwi I'm waiting to see: I'll get one of the electric ones if breastfeeding works and I'd hate to see it go to waste. Plus they say not to pump for about three weeks untill your supply is established: so plenty of time after!!

I'm definately getting a vibrating bouncer I just havent got it yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Your room looks beautiful saurelin :)

We were just clearing out the wardrobe in the nursery to make room for baby.

I was panicking reading about ye with your hospitals bags packed. But just went through my list and I'm pretty much on top of everything, it's just not all in one place!!!

Java, have u bought nursing bras already? How did u know what size to get?
    I have to say I cld measured in mothercare last week and despite it being really humiliating with my stretch marked belly etc the girl cld not have been nicer or more
    Helpful. Makes such a difference having a nice comfy proper fitting bra...shld have went a long time ago!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

God all of you have so much done!! Our spare room is still a spare room, although I'm only 29 weeks tomorrow. I really need to get myself moving!
    I'm getting a lend of the Cot, Travel system, Changing table, Steriliser, Crib, Moses Basket. I need to get new mattresses for the crib and cot, a cot top changer,chest of drawers and a gro egg. I've bought a changing bag, newborn avent set. I'm hoping to breast feed and if that goes ok I can get my sisters pump.
    I really, really really need to get a move on though, we're not painting the spare room, it's a lovely yellow and pick up some soft furnishings and sheets!

I was in Dealz today, don't know if anyone has one near, but there are 0-6 month Tommy Tippee(2) soothers in there for €1.49.

I love dealz, but always spend a fortune in there!

We've been offered Moses baskets from 3 different people now! So we've said yes to them all, as they probably won't all come through!

My brother has one of those swing things that as music for me but he only has about half of it at the minute! He split up with his little boys mum a couple of years ago and there seems to be bits of everything in both houses! Luckily, we're still quiet close to her so she's more than happy to get the stuff for me. Might pick up a cheap bouncer so that can move with us from room to room or for visiting grandparents.

Can anyone recommend a good baby monitor for max €50? My sis has offered to get it for us but she has asked me which one I want. Everyone I've looked at has both positive and negative reviews. I don't need a monitor, just want something with decent range and sound. Any suggestions?

kildareash wrote: »
    I love dealz, but always spend a fortune in there!

We've been offered Moses baskets from 3 different people now! So we've said yes to them all, as they probably won't all come through!

My brother has one of those swing things that as music for me but he only has about half of it at the minute! He split up with his little boys mum a couple of years ago and there seems to be bits of everything in both houses! Luckily, we're still quiet close to her so she's more than happy to get the stuff for me. Might pick up a cheap bouncer so that can move with us from room to room or for visiting grandparents.

Can anyone recommend a good baby monitor for max €50? My sis has offered to get it for us but she has asked me which one I want. Everyone I've looked at has both positive and negative reviews. I don't need a monitor, just want something with decent range and sound. Any suggestions?
    I got the tommy tippee close to nature ones off amazon for 38 sterling i think and both my sil have them and find them great.

I got up a back size and cup in nursing bras. I got 38d and find it lovely and comfy!
    Penneys two a pack of two for a tenner and they're grand!

saurelin, nursery looks great. I know i did mine anally early but i knew id be too busy with exams and just too tired for it at this stage.

8 weeks 6 days woo

• Advertisement

Btw , any ladies near me fancy going to see the what to expect movie let me know!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Right being an uber nerd I did a list up for home, hosp bag and labour bag.
    I'm probably missing loads so any input would be great!
    For Home
    travel system buggy 
    cot 
    Crib
    moses basket 
    blankets and sheets 
    steriliser & bottles
    scratch mittens 
    baby gros 
    vests 
    bibs 
    snow suit
    Muslin Squares
    Baby Bath
    Towels for Baby
    Changing Mat
    Bouncer
    Infacol
    Gripe Water
    Bonjella
    Saline Nose drops
    Baby Vaporub
    Cot Sheets
    Monitors
    Socks
    Hat
    Mucous remover
    Nappies
    Cotton Wool
    Nappy bags
    Wipes
    Talc
    Thermometer
    Cot monitor
    Sudocreme
    Medicine soother
    Grobag
    Breast Pads
    Bags for freezing Breast milk
    Nursing Pillow
    Changing Unit
    Vasline
    Sanitary Pads
    Lansinoh Cream

For Labour Bag

Dark Bath Towel 
    Dark Hand Towel 
    2 Nightgowns 
    Slippers 
    Face Cloth 
    Nursing Bra
    Maternity San Towels 
    Big Knickers 
    Breast Pads 
    Tissues 
    Hairbrush 
    Bobins 
    Toothbrush/ paste 
    Toilet Wipes 
    Lip Balm 
    Make Up 
    Shower Gel/ Shampoo 
    Deodorant 
    Socks 
    Snacks/ Water 
    Magazines 
    Bach Remedy 
    Fan 
    Mobile 
    Camera 
    Ipod and earphones
    Outfit for Baby

For Hosp Bag

Shower Cap 
    Light Nightdress/PJs
    Light Dressing Gown 
    Dark Bath towel
    Cheap Undies
    Mat. Pads
    Nursing Bra
    Breast Pads
    Emer. Food and Drink
    Soft loo roll/Wipes
    Ear Plugs
    Pen and Paper
    Chargers
    Lansinoh 
    Flip Flops 
    Arnica
    Tea tree oil/Witch Hazel
    6 Baby gros 
    4 Baby Vests 
    Vaseline 
    Hat 
    Mitts 
    Cardigan 
    Bibs 
    Snowsuit 
    Nappies/ wipes/Cotton Wool
    Blanket

God! Those are ginormous lists!! Is what to expect when expecting out soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Saurelin your nursery is looking great :) ours now has its two coats of paint finished at last but have to say we both love it & sit in there discussing what to put where :)

Javagal did you buy your nursery furniture from toys r us? What do you think of the quality etc?

I am very tempted to walnut (dark) nursery furniture as it would suit our now woodland theme really well but it tends to be more expensive!

It must be lovely to have lots of offers for stuff...certainly would keep the cost down! We have been offered a bouncer & bundles of clothes from a friend so fingers crossed they will come thru :)

Kildareash - that's really splitting everything down the middle in a break up, each having parts of the baby stuff :D it's great that they are both happy to pass it on to ye :) good idea to say yes to all three moses baskets, you should certainly end up with one :)

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Saurelin your nursery is looking great :) ours now has its two coats of paint finished at last but have to say we both love it & sit in there discussing what to put where :)

Javagal did you buy your nursery furniture from toys r us? What do you think of the quality etc?

I am very tempted to walnut (dark) nursery furniture as it would suit our now woodland theme really well but it tends to be more expensive!

It must be lovely to have lots of offers for stuff...certainly would keep the cost down! We have been offered a bouncer & bundles of clothes from a friend so fingers crossed they will come thru :)

Kildareash - that's really splitting everything down the middle in a break up, each having parts of the baby stuff :D it's great that they are both happy to pass it on to ye :) good idea to say yes to all three moses baskets, you should certainly end up with one :)

Yeah twomums got mine from babiesrus , its great quality,delighted with it!

Im obsessed with walnut or mahogany furniture, my whole house is covered in it!

Ginny as far as I know Baby Vaporub can't be used on new borns - have a look at it or on the net :)

I could be wrong but I'm sure I read that somewhere :)

Thanks Javagal :) did you get it delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Thanks ladies :)

My friend is arranging baby shower for me on Saturday. I wanted to have a room ready a little bit :) so I can show it to girls :)

Thanks Javagal :) did you get it delivered?
    Sure did! A few months ago tho. Wardrobe was tricky to put together. Only Thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Saurelin wrote: »
    We sorted baby's room today.

Your nursery is beautiful!

I washed all of the baby clothes i had bought for the hospital bag, and i can't stop smelling them :o Need to actually start packing the bag soon though.

We had an antenatal class yesterday, and were taken up to see the labour ward, which made everything very real! We'll have a scan on Friday too - i can't wait - I am sure I am having a giant baby, and I'm hoping they can tell me if she is measuring right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

Saurelin your nursery is gorgeous!
    Kash, I can't wait to start washing baby clothes either, think I'll probably start in the next week or 2.
    Are people using their regular non bio or are they using fairy/other "gentle" products?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I washed mine the other day and used fairy.....I went and bought it specially but I don't know if it makes a huge difference what you use.

I had a dreadful night last night. braxton hicks all night and baby treating me like a punching bag.

Kash they should be able to tell you how your baby is growing at this scan :) they measure the head, belly & femur - if you watch the screen towards the bottom each measurement gives an approx date based on growth (28w 3d etc) so you can see if baby is on schedule by just being nosey :) don't worry if they are a little off as that can be human error but they should explain all that to you.

My little girls legs were 2 weeks ahead of schedule at the last scan hence the giantness :) well and the consultant saying Oh that's a long leg :D

They may well be able to give you an approx birth length...I am sure I saw 54cm on our last scan :)

Seeing the labour ward must have really made it real...being in the admittance area made it real enough for me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Do Penney's do nursing bras??

Saurelin - I love your nursery! We have done nothing for our nursery. I don't think we will start until baby is born to be honest, as hubby is so busy these days, I hardly see him :(

I am thinking of just using the red backpack bag from eumum.ie (the free one from supervalu) as my labour bag..Sure all that needs to go in there is baby's first outfit and a few nappies? maybe a camera?

Was talking to my cousins wife at the wedding at the weekend, she is due in Aug, with her 3rd. She was telling me about when she went into labour with her 2nd. Her waters broke like 5 times she said - there was a flow and then nothing then after a while another flow..she had her baby 3 hours after the waters first broke, they didnt even have time to drop off their first child at the grandparents - had to take her to the hospital, and she was collected there..

I have bought the fairy non bio (if you go to your local co-op store (dairygold probably) you should be able to get the big box for about €20 - should do you for the first few months until you can start using a regular brand)

Towmums, happy build up to the big day!

oh and re:the braxton hicks, yes, i am getting them, doctor confirmed thats what the pains were, having one right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Silly the Eumom bag would be fine for babies stuff for labour but not yours: you'll still need nightdress pjs to change into after dressing gown towel etc!

Penney's here don't do nursing bras... I've spent ages checking and rechecking: only some stores do them apparently!

I must buy buttony pj's for hosp and a light dressing gown I'm constantly thinking of new things i must get

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Went into Boots over the weekend during that 3 for 2 sale on all the baby stuff. Got washable breast pads, cot mattress protector, Gro-bag (0-6mths I think), cotton wool stuff. We got sleep suits in 3-6mths thinking ah sure they'll be a bit big on him for a while, but when I took them out of the packet they were massive, you'd fit two babies in them!
    I now know tesco are on the generous size while asda run on the smaller end - should help with future shopping :)

Ooh, where did you go to an Asda? Was it in the north or online? I wish they were in the republic!
    javagal wrote: »
    Mink,Cyning,Friday,
    one of the girls who was pregnant while we were on the ttc thread is pregnant again,
    which lead me to read back over when we were there and read all our posts when we got our positives, im now teary eyed and emotional!
    Such an amazing journey with you ladies x

Ah that was a great thread. I read the entire TTC thread from beginning to end - took me several months during train rides etc. I think more or less by the time I finished it I was pregnant, coincidentally around the time I got a new mattress (new bed, new baby)
    We have bought 4 or 5 leapfrog twinkle twinkles (violet & scout) as newborn gifts - each & every set of parents have commented on what a god send it is for getting their baby to sleep! So we are def getting one for our little one :)

This sounds good... but what are they :o

Kiwi2011 wrote: »

My sister is going to loan me her Medela electric pump. It's a double pump so you can have both booobies on the go to save a bit of time!

Definitely going to get one of those bouncer things, some babies will sit in them for ages and some you'll get ten minutes out of them.
    The Magpie wrote: »
    Are people using their regular non bio or are they using fairy/other "gentle" products?

Haven't started washing baby clothes but I was just going to use the Aldi non-bio detergent I use already. I might research it though and if Fairy comes out on top I'll get one of those jumbo boxes.

Ladies, came across an interesting fact. We will have changed approx 2500 nappies by time they are potty trained. :eek: I really really really hope the cheaper Aldi brand suits this baby, ie; no leaks as I don't think I can afford to buy so many Pampers. We'll see!

cyning wrote: »
    Silly the Eumom bag would be fine for babies stuff for labour but not yours: you'll still need nightdress pjs to change into after dressing gown towel etc!

I must ask my sister about this, as when i had my first (11 yrs ago) once baby was born, I got about an hour to rest, as baby was in an incubator (she was cold), and then i was shipped down to my ward, where i was then able to have a wash and change my pj's etc. not in the actual labour room/ward.
    I'll be at a different hospital this time though,so i'll have to ask my sis. its the only maternity hospital in Cork, so i presume i'll be going straight back to the ward after the birth.

I bought the giant box of fairy when it was on special in tesco a while ago. I wanted to start using it on our own clothes so the dogs r used to the scent.
    I washed the babygros and vests in it but they didn't come out as baby soft as I thought they wld. Don't know if it's because I didn't use fabric softener or because they're penny's best. Might wash them again or maybe put them in the dryer for a few minutes to see if that makes a difference.

I'm going to use that red bag as baby's bag for the labour ward too. OH is great and all but he's a bit of a panicker/ fuss pot when he's worried about me so want to make everything as simple and straightforward for him. I was going to put in maybe two babygros and two vests and a few nappies...is there a need for spares in the labour ward?

Also my Sis has some ancient kinda baby swaddle type thing she's going to root out for me to take baby home in. Can't describe it properly, but she said if I use that with the blankets just walking from hospital to car, baby will be warm enough.
    I didn't know whether to get a little jacket or all in one suit to bring the baby home in, so this eliminates that problem for me. My mother has me paranoid about keeping the baby warm! I think she thinks its like the 1960's again and there's no central heating or insulation in houses!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I don't know whether to swaddle or use the Gro-bag when baby is first here, probably swaddle.

I think my 2 week energy buzz has come to a sad end. Yesterday I got tons done including a big pot of veg soup, lots of muffins & a love spaghetti carbonara from scratch (I previously couldn't cook but I've been learning a bit).

Today I can't keep my eyes open & getting nothing productive done in work. Feel that familiar exhaustion creeping back. Dinner, bath & bed for me tonight.

• Advertisement

I gotta start washing baby clothes too but I'm petrified of making a balls of it and them being rough and hard because I have hard water..

Advertisement